Customer Discussions > Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog forum

Should I buy this *again* on Blu-ray?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 22, 2010 10:47:47 AM PDT
Okay, first off, this is an *amazing* short, well worth owning. I snatched it up on DVD (and didn't even mind that it was a DVD-R) and have watched it a million times.

And now the Blu-ray's coming out. The short was originally made for the web, so I know that the quality isn't really an issue -- they didn't film anything where high-def is going to bring out a ton of detail. And the extras seem to be 100% identical to what's already on the DVD. So, since I already own the DVD, there seems to be zero incentive to upgrade to the Blu-ray.

Am I wrong? Specifically, I hope that in a few days, when people start getting their pre-orders, y'all can tell me if there *is* something special about the Blu-ray that'll make it worth ordering.

PK

Posted on May 25, 2010 7:20:29 AM PDT
I'm with you - lovelovelove Dr. Horrible and have converted many non-Whedonites with it. (Every boy in my son's 6th grade class now knows the words and sings along to every Dr. H song...) But what is different about the Blu-Ray?

Seems like nothing. I agree that the extras are identical to what is on the DVD. So why buy it again? Like you, I am curious to see if there are ANY Blu-ray extras and I'll be grateful to anyone in the know commenting about this.

All that said... it's only $10. I'll probably buy it. And if I do I'll answer your question :)

Posted on Jul 12, 2010 5:38:19 PM PDT
AJR says:
I admit this is my first reaction, too. I watched the webcasts, bought it on DVD, bought it again on iTunes (loaded it on my iPad, even!), and now it's on Bluray???

I'll probably order it, though. Wanna encourage Joss to keep going (despite Fox!).

Posted on Feb 28, 2011 7:25:09 PM PST
S. KADDATZ says:
no new extra features on the bluray that aren't on the dvd

Posted on Aug 15, 2013 6:29:55 PM PDT
Jenna Wikler says:
i already had the DVD but the picture quality wasn't that great. i assumed that since it was made for the web, it wouldn't be any better on blu-ray. but i bought it anyway and boy was i wrong! the picture quality of this disk blew me away. i was so happy. the extras are all in standard definition (save for a couple of the E.L.E. audition tapes) but the movie itself is gorgeous. so worth buying.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  May 22, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog by Neil Patrick Harris (DVD - 2008)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (930)