Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Modernist Cuisine at Home forum

Should I purchase this if I already own the 6-book series?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 15, 2012 5:50:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 5:51:35 PM PST
M. Richert says:
I purchased Modernist Cuisine last Christmas for my boyfriend, and apart from looking at photos and attending when he wishes to show me something, I have not explored the books on my own. Would this be something he would be interested in as an add on or should I look elsewhere for gifts since he already has the original books?

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 10:27:43 PM PST
I read an article in Wine Spectator this week that indicates this is a boil down of the big Tomb, to what can reasonably be done at home. I don't own either, but this sounds like a repeat.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 1:53:31 PM PST
Andrew Levas says:
This, and Modernist Cuisine, is for people with the time, money, and interest in making better tasting food. The arsenal of requisite equipment includes combination ovens, sous vide equipment, induction cooktops, pressure cookers, blow torches, etc., but Mr. Myhrvold has spent untold hours researching and perfecting methods to bring out the best in high quality ingredients. If you love to cook and want to use technology to cook better, these books will show you the way.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Modernist Cuisine at Home
Modernist Cuisine at Home by Nathan Myhrvold (Hardcover - October 8, 2012)
4.6 out of 5 stars (262)