Should I replace my Rebel XT kit lens with this (Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS Lens )? I bought a Rebel XT with the 18-55mm kit lens. Should I now replace it with this? The IS sounds good, but I was actually thinking about buying the Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens, which is an extra 200 bucks. I'm not a professional, just want a good walking lens that will take nice shots of my kids and on vacation. I already own the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8, which I love. Thanks for your advice.
asked by E. Yen on October 9, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
votes
Dear Yen, im no pro but a good rookie, I have been a camera freak for years, so the question is one or the other, I have both, I love the 28-135, it does wonderful shots, the only draw back is , closeups of two people or family shots,, you can do family portraits with the 28-135 but need to be back a little ways, the 18-55 does really well at wide angle, and you can be really close up while doing it. The thing is with the 18-55 you will definitely need to use and external flash to get the best shot as ,the deer in the headlight look happens without external flash. The 28-135 lens is superb for the lens to go places with , it has made me look like a real pro when Im not. Email me for sample shots at myphotos@classicposes.com
D. searcy answered on November 1, 2008

A
[Deleted by the author on Nov 1, 2008 10:27:49 AM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›