Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Should this series be read in order?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 20, 2006 7:53:01 AM PST
I am interested, but wonder if it is necessary or helpful to start at the beginning (and where is that).

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 7:36:14 PM PDT
Carenina says:
Absolutely! I've read them in order and been able to get so much more out of it because I have.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2008 11:11:04 PM PST
Rev Byrd says:
I agree. If at all possible, read the first in the series first. Part of the joy of this series is the character development, plus the history of Egytpology.

Posted on May 24, 2010 4:00:32 PM PDT
R. Watson says:
I read up through "The Hippopotamus Pool" in order, but a friend whom I trust recommended reading the next couple in chronological (rather than published) order. Some important character development happens in those "lost years."

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2010 5:12:19 AM PDT
Brigitte, Germany: Could you please name the order of the books? I´d be happy to have the titles at least from 1-10, as I have just bought the first one. Thank you very much.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 2:26:39 AM PST
gilly8 says:
Absolutely, or many of the situations, and various characters, won't make sense! There are several listmanias which give you the series in order (since Amazon can't be bothered/ neither can the publisher!)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 2:28:25 AM PST
gilly8 says:
Go to the sides of the main page and look at the Listmanias---they usually give the order of the series, which DOES need to be read in order.

Posted on May 22, 2012 1:42:06 AM PDT
Wikipedia gives the chronological order, with dates: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amelia_Peabody_series#Chronology
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Mar 20, 2006
Latest post:  May 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Guardian of the Horizon
Guardian of the Horizon by Elizabeth Peters (Audio CD - March 30, 2004)
4.2 out of 5 stars (92)