Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox 360 forum

Should I buy a ps3/xbox 360 just for this game?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 10, 2013 2:08:31 PM PDT
Obaid says:
I dont have a single game console but I am planning to buy a next gen console a little bit after it comes out. What should i do, buy a ps3/360 just for this game or wait for ps4/xbox one to comeout and hope that they make a version for those consoles and i buy that?

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 6:46:41 PM PDT
Personally, I honestly don't think we'll see a Xbox One / Ps4 copy of this game. Rockstar hasn't ever put out "launch window" games. Of course I could be wrong. It all comes to whether or not you want to put up the 200 bucks it'll cost you for a 360 or PS3

Posted on Aug 11, 2013 1:38:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 11, 2013 2:02:56 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Aug 12, 2013 6:34:09 AM PDT
W. Long says:
IMHO if you really want to buy a system and this game go for the PS3 version and get the PS3+GTA5 bundle.

Since you don't have any consoles the paywall on Xbox 360 will probably annoy you. As Sha said you pretty much have to pay for everything that is free on other devices. For me personally I use Netflix a lot on my PS3 and I wouldn't pay an extra $60 a year on my Xbox just to watch videos from a Netflix account I already pay for.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2013 2:25:30 AM PDT
Matthew says:
xbox live is actually $40 a year

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2013 2:28:47 AM PDT
Matthew says:
I would just wait. Unless your getting a Xbox One, then just wait till thats closer to comming out and go buy a 360. They will soon be selling those dirt cheap for like $100-$150 and your xbox live subscription will carry over onto the xbox one. If your getting the PS4, do the same thing cuz your gonna have to pay for Playstation Plus anyway if you want to play online on the PS4. They are more then likely gonna come out with a next gen version of the game, we just probably wont see till 6-8 months from the release, same goes for the PC version.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2013 2:29:52 AM PDT
Matthew says:
He wouldn't get a PS3 just for a free subscription if he's already getting a PS4 cuz hes gonna have to pay for Plus if he wants to play online anyway

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2013 4:07:01 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
don't think GTA5 will be comin out on PS4 and he can't play PS3 games on PS4 either, so he's gonna want a PS3 to play multiplayer for free on GTA5.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2013 3:19:38 AM PDT
Matthew says:
Why wouldnt they release it on new consoles? The next gen specs will probably be the same specs as the pc version they will release. So theres no reason they wouldnt make a next gen version. And your partially wrong about the ps3 games on ps4 thing. With the gaiki service, they said you can stream ps3 games to the ps4 with that service.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2013 1:41:44 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
>>Why wouldnt they release it on new consoles?<<

cause Rockstar's CEO said so.

http://www.gta5cheats.com/gta-5-ps4-xbox-one-not-happening/

>>With the gaiki service, they said you can stream ps3 games to the ps4 with that service.<<

I was talking about through disc, not Geikai. and Gaikai won't be launching till 2014 sometime. plus they will have a limited amount of PS1, PS2 and PS3 games after launch, they won't have all of em all at once on Gaikai.

Posted on Aug 20, 2013 11:20:17 AM PDT
ULOP3Z says:
Just go with the cheapest console or the one which all your friends or most of them are on.

Posted on Aug 23, 2013 6:30:41 PM PDT
If you aren't dying to play, wait it out and see what gets announced... I expect a PC version eventually.

But if you feel you need it, get a used/refirbished system of whichever console brand you think you'd like to have the next gen of. Don't listen to the masses of morons worshiping the PS4 right now, that would gladly tell you just to get that without doing any research. Instead, look and see what you think will be right for you. One's currently confirmed exclusive list is better, especially for launch, and is looking to have more new exclusive franchises this gen than it did last, as Microsoft have took a firm stance on making more new and exclusive games for their console. It will probably have the better online play between the two, due to all games having dedicated servers(no more peer to peer :D) and an improved matchmaking system that can punish and filter out a lot of garbage gamers dealt with this gen. However, it is more expensive, because it comes with Kinect. PS4 will surely continue to have the franchises that sold well on PS3, and there are a couple of gems there. It looks to have a much better online experience than PS3 did, and it obviously has the advantage of costing less... although you will also be able to get a 360 cheaper than PS3, so price isn't as big a factor as it may seem.

Posted on Aug 24, 2013 1:34:43 AM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
PS4:

50% more performance than the Xbox180.
more indie games.
free PS4 games to play and new ones are added each month when you're a PSN+ member, as well as discounts on games and DLC you wanna buy.
backwards compatible with PS1, PS2 and PS3 games that you can play/stream through Gaikai service.
here's a rundown on the controllers by someone who has had the privilege to get first hand experience to use each controller> http://www.stuff.tv/microsoft/xbox-one-vs-ps4-controller-showdown/feature
able to use the PS3 headset on the PS4 (example: Sony Wireless Stereo headset)
has remote play with the PS Vita (play PS4 games on the PS vita anywhere).
has upgradable internal hard drive.
has a 2nd processor.
don't have to have PSN+ to access Netflix, Twitter, Facebook, Web Browser and other features (like I said before).
will have faster download speeds compared to PS3.

that's pretty much all I can think of for now, have no idea what the new PSN will be like or what online gaming will be like, but i'm sure there will be a huge difference in experience compared to PS3.

Posted on Aug 25, 2013 9:50:35 AM PDT
R. Wembley says:
if you havent had a system till nnow, i'd wait till next gen

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2013 3:16:13 AM PDT
Matthew says:
he didnt say it wouldnt happen later. just not at launch. trust me i read this shit. and i know the disc part wont work. i was talking about the streaming service.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2013 3:21:21 AM PDT
Matthew says:
first off the 50% more performace thing is bs. developers have said that both consoles are pretty equal in power. xbox is doing massive indie support too. microsoft said they will come out with a adapter so you can hook up your old 360 headsets to the one. even if they dont people still have the kinect which has a mic in it. i will give ps the whole streaming thing since i have a vita and im excited for that and the fact that u dont need plus for netflix. but xbox does the faster download speeds and tge expandable space too. the controllers are both good. i used both at comic con and i think this time the controllers are evenly matched.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2013 1:37:53 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
>> microsoft said they will come out with a adapter so you can hook up your old 360 headsets to the one.<<

yeah and how much do you think that adapter will cost? just for the adapter that lets you play PS3 games with a X360 controller and visa versa on an X360, cost $60. do you think people will be willing to pay the same amount, just to use their 360 headsets on the Xbox180?

http://www.amazon.com/Cross-over-Xbox-360-Playstation-3-Windows/dp/B008US4PBY/ref=pd_cp_pc_3

>> but xbox does the faster download speeds<<

Sony said that the PS4 will download media faster compared to PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2013 2:38:48 AM PDT
Matthew says:
Finally somebody who isn't retarded and actually knows some facts on the consoles unlike 95% of the internet

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 6:10:23 PM PDT
Alec says:
I'm a 360 owner, but in your situation, go with a PS3. Free online access and you can game share the game. So you can download the game off of someone else for free. =)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2013 11:07:05 PM PDT
Matthew says:
Do you really think they are gonna charge more then $15- $20 for a adapter? I mean come on the plug and play kit doesn't cost more then $15. So ya i think people wont mind paying $20 or less to be able to use the 360 headsets on the one. And I have no idea why your saying the PS4 will download faster then the PS3? Are you trying to say it faster then the One beacuse the hardware doesn't matter that much in download speeds. It does a little but the two major things that decided how fast your download stuff is your own internet speed and how many servers there are to process and upload the download to you. In the server case the Xbox One would win since it will have access to over 300,000 servers. I dont think the PSN has that many. And also what bs site are you reading on getting this PS4 downloads faster then PS3? I've read pretty much every release from both company and I haven't seen anything on that yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 2:29:11 AM PDT
Matthew says:
I will give Sony that I like that. I bought The Last of Us on the PSN and my friend wanted to play it so i just downloaded it onto his xbox.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 1:14:00 PM PDT
Alec says:
Ya. The Xbox360 has this feature, more limited tho, but GTA 5 will be available for download day one on the PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 9:40:15 PM PDT
Matthew says:
Ya, it'll be interesting seeing Day One downloado on the Xbone. Though i will admit that the 360 marketplace has gotten better with on demand. they just put saints row 4 on there and its only been like a little over a week.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2013 9:08:24 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
>>Do you really think they are gonna charge more then $15- $20 for a adapter?<<

this is Microsoft we're talking about, the one who charged over $100 for a 320GB X360 hard drive. you think the adapter will be different?

>>Are you trying to say it faster then the One beacuse the hardware doesn't matter that much in download speeds.<<

no, I think both the PS4 and the One download speeds will be the same.

>>And also what bs site are you reading on getting this PS4 downloads faster then PS3? I've read pretty much every release from both company and I haven't seen anything on that yet.<<

Although every PS3 includes wi-fi built-in, it is notoriously slow. Try plugging in your PS3 directly, and you'll see download speeds more than double. Sony's upgraded the network support in PS4 by providing a card that not only supports the 802.11 b and g standards, but the new n standard as well. This should result in significantly greater speed and range for those that opt to use PS4 wirelessly.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/77974/comparing-ps3-and-ps4-specs-what-it-means-for-everyday

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2013 4:01:57 AM PDT
Matthew says:
Ya I do. I don't think they wanna charge more for something and make more people mad espically after their marketing fiasco. It doesn't make sense either, it will probably be a small piece of equipment like the plug and play kit which is cheap too. And thanks I plugged the Ethernet cord into my PS3 and its faster now.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Aug 10, 2013
Latest post:  Sep 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox 360
Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox 360 by Rockstar Games (Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars (4,134)