Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 10, 2013 9:40:08 PM PST
Lance Lust says:
I feel that Lucas should have just remade eps. 4-6. Look at them from beginning to end, from ep. 1 on over to ep. 6. They are so out of sync that I don't understand why they didn't just go back and remake them. Money, most likely...

Going from the wall to wall cgi action to the stop-motion animation, isn't it a bit off kilter? I suppose, though, that from ep. 1 to ep. 2 it is a bit jarring seeing Yoda going from a puppet to a cgi character. That's also lame. You go from puppet Yoda to cgi Yoda, back to puppet Yoda in Empire and Jedi.

Why has no one thought of this yet? Or have they....?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2013 1:07:56 PM PST
M. Allen says:
for all that is sacred, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! remakes of iv-vi ! would they sell? in this age of remakes of classics you bet they would, but to do such a thing would be so irreverant and reprehensible. episodes i-iii are an absolutely different series and should not be packaged together. to put in mildly, i-iii are boring, special effects ridden, soul-less, pointless drivel

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 5:00:12 PM PST
Lance Lust says:
"episodes i-iii are an absolutely different series and should not be packaged together. to put in mildly, i-iii are boring, special effects ridden, soul-less, pointless drivel"

This said by the same person who said this, and in the same paragraph...?:

"for all that is sacred, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! remakes of iv-vi ! would they sell? in this age of remakes of classics you bet they would, but to do such a thing would be so irreverant and reprehensible. "

Because 1-3 are absolutely different is the reason that they should have just remade the original trilogy so that they wouldn't had added all the CGI to them. They'd had remastered the original theatrical trilogy with better picture and sound without adding anything more to them that wasn't there before. But instead they just added sequences comprised of only CGI, and added characters of CGI that just look out of place with everything that surrounds them. A group of pre-90s puppets beside cgi animation...? You just said that it's out of place and yet you say no to my idea?

I think that you seem that you are for what I've said but are so blinded by your hatred of messing with something sacred that you just don't see what I have said has validity, and you have admitted it while also condemning it. Think about it. You say that the prequels are soulless with all the cgi. Then go on to say that you don't want to see the originals remade because that would make them soulless? How? They'd had remastered the originals without adding all that soulless cgi that they did. Are you following me now???
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 10, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Star Wars Trilogy Episodes IV-VI (Blu-ray + DVD)
Star Wars Trilogy Episodes IV-VI (Blu-ray + DVD) by Mark Hamill (Blu-ray - 2013)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (4,748)