Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 29, 2014
Stayed up all night reading Shrinkage. I loved it. It was sweet, funny, sad, and well written! As a fan of the ACS, I couldn't help but hear the entire thing in Bald Bryan's voice. That's not a bad thing and won't stop me from buying the audio book. Fans of the radio show and the podcast will of course love this book, but I hope the reach goes farther than that. I was diagnosed two years ago with End Stage Renal Disease and am on the kidney transplant list. Living with a chronic illness is tough on the best of days, but your attitude and sense of humor in dealing with it is an inspiration. Now bring on President Me!!
on April 29, 2014
As much as I love Bald Bryan from his Many years on the Adam Carolla show, the real star from this book is Christie. Impossible not to fall in love with this rock star of a wife. God Bless the Bishops for sharing their story. Finished it in a day!
on April 29, 2014
Amazing and brilliant! The book is heartfelt, touching and hilarious. Byran Bishop's attitude and spirit are uplifting and I am so glad he shared his story with us. You will be so thankful you read this book!
on April 29, 2014
I'm already a big fan of Bryan from The Adam Carolla show and his podcast, The Film Vault, so I have been following his story for many years. I assumed that most of the book would be me getting a few more details on stories I had already heard (which I was totally fine with a looking forward to) however, I'd say about 85% of the material was stories I had NEVER heard (undiagnosed ADHD in childhood!? The adorable story of the first fight he had with his wife!?). Not to mention the amazingly inspiring way he has walked through a complete nightmare...an inoperable brain tumor. I know what I'm getting everyone this year for birthdays/Christmas/whatever. Definitely worth the read...I already want a sequel!
on April 29, 2014
I cannot recommend this book highly enough. It's laugh-out loud funny, will make you cry, and is the most beautiful love story. Bryan's journey is an inspiration to anyone dealt the blow of the C-word. This book is perfect for anyone who likes to laugh, or needs a source of hope while coping with cancer. I am blown away by him, and this story. Now excuse, while I go back to page 1 and read it all over again...
on April 29, 2014
Anyone who has ever had chemo in their life whether as a patient or a loved one, Bryan's book comforts in the sense that he lets you know you're not alone.
on April 29, 2014
Bryan's touching and hilarious recount of his battle against brain cancer is both informative and thoughtful. His ridiculous stories of being drugged by his wife or taking chemo at a strip club put a funny face on a very serious situation which he and his wife handled with a level of grace and optimism that few could muster. A great book and story that everyone should read!
on April 29, 2014
Perhaps Dr. Drew said it best about Shrinkage: "This book is a must-read for anyone with a pulse." It's so much more than a story about a cancer battle. Shrinkage is inspiring and informative for anyone who has been through a tough illness (or know someone who has), especially Bryan's "Tumor Tips". It's got a love story that will melt your heart and bring (good) tears to your eyes. It's also hilarious, with several moments where I found myself literally laughing out loud. Once I picked Shrinkage up, I couldn't put it down. Looking forward to listening to the audiobook, too!
on April 29, 2014
brian is such a great talent. we know that from the adam carolla show. but he is also a great writer and more than anything a courageous and wonderful human being. the book inspired me on so many levels. if you're battling adversity of any kind, cancer not withstanding, this is the book for you.
on May 3, 2014
I read about one entire book every couple years though I start dozens. This was a book I didn't want to stop reading and can't wait to pass it along to someone needing a great read. The subject of a young man having a potentially life ending illness couldn't be told much better so kudos to Mr. Bishop for excellent writing.

The humor the author uses to create the scene is fabulous and practical tips aren't to be ignored. The book is inspiring to all. The personal journey the author and those close to him went through is written extremely well as it brings the reader into the circle with great detail and background.

I am not a fan of the podcast so I am not completely familiar with all of the stories but overall I liked the backstory to most chapters. I could have skipped the Delta Bravo chapter and not been a bit neglected. I assume this is a theme from podcast I just don't get. Unfortunately I felt that one chapter greatly diminished an otherwise wonderful book.

Although it is not perfect to me, I'd highly recommend it to everyone.