Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on Tikes

on October 10, 2011
I received the headset on 9/6 and used it at the gym a couple of times. On 9/30 the left earbud stopped working. I love the concept; however, I need something that will last longer than 24 days. I was disappointed. Perhaps the next generation will work better and last longer.
on April 28, 2011
i listen to my little gen 4 ipod shuffle on and off throughout the day -- and that's the beauty of these things.... they're on and off my head many times daily. they go on in seconds and for the most part, adhere perfectly -- no dangling cords to get yanked out, no need to find someplace to attach shuffle. it's completely out of the way and in a relatively protected spot, yet immediately accessible to pause or adjust volume. caveat: i found adjusting it to fit may be a bit finnicky and funky, with lots of trial and error to fine tune the way the semi-stiff cords are bent to get the right fit. but it's worth the effort. (originally designed for gen 2, you can buy their "adapted" model for geg 4 which means they've removed a plastic tab that holds on the 2nd generation shuffle; without that, arriva includes a small rubber band to ensure the gen 4 stays on -- but: i have never used it and in nearly a year, never had a 4th gen shuffle fall off.)
on June 21, 2011
I've been using these earphones for running for about 2 years and love them. I hate wires hanging down my back or catching on my arm while I run. I also hated digging in a pocket to change songs or mute the music. These solved the problems. They are very comfortable and easy to skip or mute songs. They fold up small in a little pouch. I do have to 'rework' the wire occasionally as they sometimes get bent out of the perfect shape for my head. But, it's not a big deal to correct. The wire is very pliable and adjustable. I've had no problem wearing them with a hat either.
on December 18, 2009
I run and exercise a lot, naturally I was excited to try on this headset after all the good reviews. I thought that I would be free of wire but not so, no matter how I adjust the wire it can never stick to the ear. One side keeps on falling off when I run, and very distracting. The sound quality isn't bad, it's just that you will never able to prevent it from falling off. I finally give up.
on September 18, 2011
In some ways this is better than the Monster headset where the shuffle is essentially attached to one ear.
- so far no problems with internal wires getting messed up from too much bending of the frame (Monster's problem) - there are no hinges in this one so frankly, these will probably last longer
- you don't have to re-wire your brain to understand the controls upside down (Monster's problem) - if you press down, the volume goes down; if you press right, it advances the track

But some disadvantages:
- when you sweat, the ear buds can come out of your ear - the pads are more rubbery than foamy (Monster's just get sweaty, they still stay in place just fine while running)
- if worn while biking, you get a lot of wind noise and have to really pump your volume (Monster's pads help keep wind from passing directly by your ear)
- it comes with three sizes of ear bud pads, but even the smallest is too big for my left ear (ouch)

I'm on the fence: if these die (they probably won't any time soon), I'm not sure if I'll get them again because of the wind, sweat, and size problems. It'll just come down to price then with the Monster because they're unnecessarily expensive.
on May 26, 2013
I've owned three pair: one for the 1st Generation Shuffle and two for the 2nd (the first pair fell apart, but lasted well over a year).

What's so great about this headphones is that you can work out or move around without any annoying wires getting in the way. On the downside, if you sweat profusely they tend to slip out of your ear canal ever so slightly, thus requiring minor readjustments during your workout. In addition, the sound quality is only mediocre with decent mids, low highs and barely any bass.

However, despite all the negatives I still rate it 4/5 and highly recommend it if you are looking for an efficient set of headphones with minimal hassle. I've gotten numerous comments on them and the general consensus is that it'll make you look like Neo from The Matrix!
on January 5, 2012
These are awesome. I've been using them to jump rope, and they stay in place. With my usual headphones, they fall out when walking, so this is a Big Deal to me! Plus they don't get tangled/caught on things, and accessing the ipod's buttons is super simple!

Removing the shuffle from the clip (e.g. to charge) is sometimes a challenge, but not impossible... and really, I don't have to charge my shuffle that often, so it's cool..
The sound certainly isn't super high quality -- but for what I'm using it for, music while working out, it's more than adequate.

All in all, they do exactly what I want them to -- they're comfy, they stay put, and they make working out more fun because of it!
on June 3, 2013
At first this product sounded like a good idea since it fit the shuffle I had. At first I was really excited since it was compact and didn't require annoying cords that could hit you in the face while you worked out. After the first time I used it, I saw that there would be problems. The ear buds are super difficult to adjust and were often a distraction on my runs. After a few months, one of the ear buds stopped working. I'm sticking to my iphone or no music.
on August 19, 2011
I have mixed feelings about these earphones. The positives are: they were inexpensive, the sound quality was good and when I first put them in, they were completely secure in my ears. However, once I started sweating, they would easily slip out of my ears and then not go back in. The worst part was, I only had them two weeks and the left earphone stopped working. I sent them back.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2014
They do what they are supposed to but if you are working out hard water will get on your Ipod mini. Has tacky directions telling you to use wax to prevent water from getting on your Ipod, but for just daily use walking around these are fine. No High Fi here but at this price are you really surprised. Good enough for most people. Get a pair, they are cheap. I did.