Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amazon Gift Card Offer gdwf gdwf gdwf  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Halloween

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 24, 2009 8:28:08 PM PST
John Condron says:
I just tossed an iPod Shuffle (2nd generation) in the trash, after less than a year of light use. Problem? It suddenly stopped working. Every time I connect it to everybody's favorite software - iTunes - I'm told that it is in "recovery mode." iTunes demands that I let it restore the unit. I do, and a few seconds later get the same message - over and over and over. A helpful blogger suggested that I change the drive letter assigned by Windows, which I did, to no effect. Another said to reformat the iPod as a drive. I tried that, and still nothing. Why did I resort to following advice from bloggers? Because the Apple website was no help whatsoever. I guess the 2nd generation Shuffle is just too old for Apple to bother to stand behind. Oh well. I just gave my daughter the Sandisk Sansa Clip. Almost as simple as the Shuffle, no proprietary software requirement or dock. And I was able to load almost 4gb of music in less than 15 minutes. Oh - it has a radio. You can store non-music files. Wow! My advice? Bail on Apple before Apple bails on you!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 24, 2009

Search Customer Discussions