5.0 out of 5 stars great knives, but a little pricey, April 2, 2013
This review is from: Shun Classic 4 Piece Ultimate Steak Knife Set (Kitchen)
After buying these knives during the Christmas sale, I finally got the opportunity to try these out with my friends around some beers. After washing them, I examined them to see if they were really sharp at all. I personally had never seen the round edges on a steak knife such as this, and was really surprised it would cut anything at all. While this was going through my head, it accidentally cut the cloth I was drying them on.

Needless to say, they are amazing. Everybody marveled at how easy it sliced through the ribeye. Great stuff, and I hope I get many years out of this purchase. Might be useful to wait until they are on sale, but if you pull the trigger, it will be worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp As A Knife, January 2, 2014
This review is from: Shun Classic 4 Piece Ultimate Steak Knife Set (Kitchen)
I am pushing 80 and have been cutting steaks all of my life. These Shun knives are extremely sharp and smooth. They make most any steak feel like a Wagyu #5. Sometimes I even take them out to dinner when I plan to order steak.

This is the first, and likely the last, review I have ever written. . I have no affiliation with anyone - this is being written because these knives are flat out wonderful. If you want a great knife, you just found it.

Shun makes lots of knives including other steak knives which cost less. I've never tried them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome - Very shap., December 28, 2013
This review is from: Shun Classic 4 Piece Ultimate Steak Knife Set (Kitchen)
Got this as a Christmas present. They are so sleek looking and super sharp. Am trying them out on a steak tonight. Used them with Christmas duck.

Love the knife.

LD

5.0 out of 5 stars best steak knives on planet!, May 1, 2012
This review is from: Shun Classic 4 Piece Ultimate Steak Knife Set (Kitchen)
Never in a milion years did I ever think my housemate would pay $371 for 4 steak knives yet alone buying the 7 peice knife set that is excellent. although we are having a slight problem with the kitchen shears I know they stand by their product and will replace as soon as I call.

The steak knives will be around and still going strong after 20+ years!

ARRAY(0xac6c4a8c)