5.0 out of 5 stars Great Block
This is the best block I have found for my Shun Ken Onion knives. The design of the block shows off the curves of the Onions beautifully. Another reviewer noted that you could put the knives in the block with the edges out. You will not do this. The handles become cramped and it won't look or feel right. The knives will wobble rather than feeling secure in the block...
Published 21 months ago by Wayne Fogel

3.0 out of 5 stars Only fits Shun Ken Onion knives
I rate it OK just because I trust it's good at what it's intended for which apparently is to fit Ken Onion knives. I could not use it with my Victorinox knives (LOTS of sharp edges exposed) and purchased a Wusthof 6-slot block, which works fine. So I am not criticizing this Shun block at all.
Published 2 months ago by Franklin Jim

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Block, July 8, 2012
Wayne Fogel (Jacksonville Beach, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shun Edo 10 Slot Bamboo Block (Kitchen)

Having said this, there are a few things I would like to see in the next iteration. (1) It needs slots for the fork and the cleaver or at least the fork. (2) The scissors slot is too small for the Shun scissors to fit correctly - the Wusthof scissors fit perfectly, but they are no-where near as good as the Shuns. (3) The block needs to be about one inch taller - my 10" chef's top rests on the counter. Because of the design of the block and the Ken Onion knife is held securely in place and has not damaged my counter top in the least.

Despite the nit picking, this is still far and away the best block for your Ken Onion knives. 5 stars - Highly recommended just as the Ken Onion knives themselves are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice knife block, December 8, 2010
This review is from: Shun Edo 10 Slot Bamboo Block (Kitchen)
I bought this block because my currrent knife block did not fit the Ken Onion knives. The block is very nice, and seems solid. We've had it for about 6 months now, and it looks the same as the day it arrived. Now I only need more of the Ken Onion knives to fill it up more!

3.0 out of 5 stars Only fits Shun Ken Onion knives, January 29, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 19, 2014
This review is from: Shun Edo 10 Slot Bamboo Block (Kitchen)
Had a horrible time finding a block for these knives. Would like to see on that fits more knives. The cleaver also doesn't fit into any of the slots. However, this is exactly what was promised and the best one out there.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but some design flaws, December 3, 2013
Richard Johnson (APO, AE United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shun Edo 10 Slot Bamboo Block (Kitchen)
This is a beautiful block, but it isn't very well integrated into the Shun Edo knives. The slot on the lower left is to narrow for any knife in that series. And the kitchen shear slot isn't wide enough for the Shun shears; they have a nut on them that sticks out and prevents them from sliding nicely into the slot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shun Edo Bamboo Block for your Ken Onion Knives, November 7, 2013
This review is from: Shun Edo 10 Slot Bamboo Block (Kitchen)
Great looking knife block for your gorgeous Ken Onion knives. I am just starting my collection of these awesome knives and this storage block fits nicely and attractively on my counter. There are plenty of slots to fill with the many knife selections available in this design.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful block, May 27, 2013
This review is from: Shun Edo 10 Slot Bamboo Block (Kitchen)
the Bamboo is In perfect condition and my Shun Knives are now perfectly stored. I have also popped my fish tweezers in the sharpening slot as I have an electric sharpener.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great block that fits Ken Onion Knives, March 8, 2013
This review is from: Shun Edo 10 Slot Bamboo Block (Kitchen)
I had some issues finding a block I could put my Ken Onion knives in, this one fits beautifully. Also note that as others have said you should point the sharp end of the blade towards the center.

I had purchased the Shun block that holds twice as many knives but the onion knives wouldnt fit so I replaced it with this and it has been a great block.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and does the job, February 14, 2013
This review is from: Shun Edo 10 Slot Bamboo Block (Kitchen)
We got this block to house our Shun knife because the block we had did not fully protect the knife. It is doing its job. Construction is solid. No complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice for Ken Onion Shun specific, January 6, 2013
This review is from: Shun Edo 10 Slot Bamboo Block (Kitchen)
My collection of Shun Ken Onion knives is now but all complete so finally I found a great deal on the block. I believe the knives are retired so if you want the better get a buying.

ARRAY(0xa213a588)