5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but the BEST available today
Alas, Permacel no longer makes gaffer's tape. If I had realized sooner, I would have bought a lifetime supply while I still could.

Published 22 months ago by David C. Filmer

3.0 out of 5 stars Thinner and stickier than what I am used to
Published 15 months ago by J. Copeland

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but the BEST available today, October 10, 2012
This review is from: Shurtape PC-628 Industrial Grade Gaffers Tape: 2 in. x 60 yds. (Black) (Electronics)

I've read that Shurtape is pretty much just re-branded Permacel, but I think it is not quite as good. But it is still (much) better than anything out there now. After Permacel quit, I tried several brands to find a replacement. Most of them should not even be called gaff tape!!! Gaff tape is a mystical thing - it stands up well to sunlight and water. It sticks to practically anything (including slippery plastics). It can be in place for years and not leave residue when removed. Shurtape carries on this mystical legacy.

Spend the money and get the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, March 12, 2013
Great gaffers tape. No residue left even after WEEKS of tapping down cables to a laminate floor. My boss now orders this by the crate.

Best tape out there at the moment!

5.0 out of 5 stars great tape, September 22, 2012
Better than traditional duct tape. can be used for many things including repairing fabric. Does not look out of place or shiny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tape, November 24, 2013
My daughter uses this Gaffers Tape on the bottom of her Irish hard shoes for dance class. This prevents them slipping on the floor. The roll of tape should last her a long time. Package arrived in a timely manner and in great condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this tape., June 5, 2013
Great product! Sticks well, hides well. Just don't know why it is so expensive. But when you need it, you just have to buy it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Thinner and stickier than what I am used to, May 1, 2013
Haven't used this tape all that much. I thought I would try it as it is less expensive than the professional tape I normally used. This tape is thinner and stickier making it a bit more difficult to remove. Since I use this mainly to secure things for a short period of time after which it needs to be removed I find that added stickiness and thinness a bit annoying, especially if I just trimmed my fingernails. I have not noticed it leaving any residue. I prefer the pro style tape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the Best, March 10, 2013
Shurtape is the best gaff tape out there. It's more expensive than some other tapes, but the quality is definitely worth the cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gaffers tape, June 18, 2014
Kyle Kuxhausen (Casper, WY United States) - See all my reviews
We run a small live sound company, and this tape is excelelnt for taping down cords on stages, doesnt matter if its tile, carpet or what, this tape sticks and keeps it there throughout the perfomance. Then once we are done, removal of hte tape is easy, no sticky residue was left behind. I give this tape high marks, and will buy more.

5.0 out of 5 stars The real deal, March 5, 2014
Don't waste your time with knockoffs. This is the real deal. We order this stuff all the time and have come to the conclusion that there are about three brands that offer the flexibility and stickiness needed in a good gaffers tape. This is the most cost effective way to get what we need.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, January 19, 2014
As a photographer, having gaft tape around is a blessing but for some odd reason from the last purchase, the tape doesn't seem to stick as well but still works and doesn't leave residue.

Rate and Discover Movies