5.0 out of 5 stars My New Favorite Book
Published on July 9, 2012 by Joed

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Save your money. He just rants and says the same thing over and over.
Published 2 months ago by Bart Rizzolo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My New Favorite Book, July 9, 2012
This review is from: Shut Up, Stop Whining, and Get a Life: A Kick-Butt Approach to a Better Life (Paperback)
This is my new favorite book. Larry tells it like it is and pulls no punches. It's about taking personal responsibility for you life. I purchased one for a friend's son who just graduated High School and one for my 40 year old daughter. I wish I had read it when I had graduated from High School. It would have saved me years of hard life lessons. After 65 years I have come to the same conclusions as Winget talks about in this book. Many young people today expect that they are going to be taken care of forever, either by parents or by the government. When they finally have to confront the hard facts of life they are in for a shock. Read about it in Shut Up and take control of your life and be prepared before the shock of reality kicks you in the butt. Highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, July 10, 2014
Save your money. He just rants and says the same thing over and over.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be summarized in two pages - instead drags for too long, February 4, 2013
I read this book first in getAbstract. It appealed to me with its simplicity and sound advice. Plus I did need some tough loving. So I bought the book hoping that there'd be additional advice or some points would be explained in more details. However, the author's writing is just horrible - he has a point but can't deliver. He just goes on and on with unnecessary mumble. In summary, read an abstract and you'll learn more from it than from this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars the truth of things, February 6, 2012
This book reminds me of the many ways we lose sight of what is important in life. It is a pep talk and a stern talking to at the same time. It helped me remember those lessons of life that I had forgotten. No one but yourself can make you happy. Don't wait for someone else to get started, get going and make money (life) happen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fresh, contrarian, invigorating, August 3, 2013
Not your usual self-help advice. Freshing, contrarian, invigorating. I don't agree with everything said - but for the most part I believe the truth is stated in no uncertain terms: we are not victims in life, but for the most part personally responsible for our own success.
Excellent read and worth the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for those that can't take constructive criticism, June 2, 2014
Awesome book! Larry Winget really captures what the truth and says it. If you can't handle the truth, don't read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, May 3, 2014
Larry is awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars For whiners and those who try to help them! Or, have to live or work with whiners., April 4, 2014
Love it! There is so much belly aching and whining in our culture now... we need to hear this type of feedback.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahhh. Refreshing., February 24, 2014
If your a wimp, I don't suggest reading this book. If you need a swift kick in the hind quarters and can take some real truth, you've just struck gold!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shut Up, August 11, 2013
My mother is thrilled with this book and it arrived on time and in excellent condition. My mother has found this book very helpful and enlightening. Thanks Amazon!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›