Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Shutter Huggers Giraffe Shutter Hugger GIR001
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Style: Giraffe|Change

on February 18, 2013
Maybe good for consumer lenses but I have the Canon 24-70ii and it was a tight fit. I had to cut the elastic on the inside to make it stretch over the lens. Someday when I have time I'll put proper fitting elastic inside.
66 comments|11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2013
This 'dino' has a cute color and is very soft to the touch. I'm glad I got this item, it's already already bringing out smiles of my photo subjects - children and adults. It fits snuggly on my Nikkor 17-55mm, but fits (wonder how long that elastic will hold). Creates a shadow with the camera flash, no shadow created when used with speedlights.
on September 21, 2012
This little Giraffe, accomplishes the job of having the child's eyes on the camera!It's a little tough to put on the lens at times, and sometimes gets in way of the flash. Other than that, it's great!
on October 16, 2012
I learned about this product while watching Bethany Frankel's TV show. The creator, who is a professional photographer, was featured and I thought if Bethany felt comfortable to have her on there then there must be something to it. I'm a prof photographer in my own mind and made my husband get me all the gear. I figure a few great pics is worth more than a ton of eyes closed, heads turned etc. and this product has really helped me step-up my game. My 2-yr old loves this dog and it's one she can really relate to (we have 3)!! It's really great when her little friends are over and I can get 2/3 toddler's eyes all looking at me at the same time...which I had pretty much written off!!! Not sure why the previous reviewer claims it doesn't fit on the larger lenses, it fits mine just fine. I usually don't review items but this product has really helped me and I felt the previous reviewer was wrong about the limits of the product. Hope this helps!!
on September 17, 2015
This doesn't seem to grab my little man's attention. He is just as interested in the camera with the dinosaur on it or off. When I get too close, he tries to take the dinosaur off the camera. So, it is a great idea, it just doesn't seem to work for our baby right now. I'm hoping when we pull it out again when he is a little older that it might work better then.
on March 5, 2016
I have another review for the Camera Creatures as I wanted different "pets" for each different photo booth set we have.

They function well and we keep them in ziplock bags during travel so they don't get dirty quickly but I can't really justify a $20 price tag for it.

I could've opted to make a small circular sign that fits right over the lens that says "LOOK HERE" but these seemed more fun.

They do what they say they'll do, but at a cost thats a bit too high for me. But support the cause right?
on July 14, 2014
I thought this would help with getting the attention of my little grandchildren, nope
it didn't. Though I thought it was adorable, but mostly it got in the way while trying
to adjust my lense. I was so disappointed I really wanted this to work, it's so stinking
cute.
on December 10, 2015
I've used this to take photos for my friends with toddlers and it works wonders! One of them has a baby who's going throguh a stranger-danger phase so the mom was worried if she'd be ok in front of the camera, but she just seemed mesmerized by the dinosaur that she didn't cry the whole time. Love it and it's so cute. :)
on February 8, 2016
I photograph a LOT of daycare kids during the fall and spring and I needed something to give the kids to look at other than me because I was always moving around trying to get them to smile/laugh. When is used the Canon 18mm-135mm lens I found this shutter hugger to be a little tight but when I put it on my 18mm-55mm lens it worked perfectly! I love how adorable the panda looks and it was a bit hit with most of the kids; more than my other shutter hugger. I would definitely recommend this to any photographer who works with kids; it really helped me out!
on March 10, 2014
Kind of a waste of money. The kids don't really find it interesting and the head gets in the way of the flash. We don't really use it. It sounds like a good idea and maybe it is for some, but it just didn't really work out for us.