Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 13, 2002
Leigh's back...in Ms. Claire's best book yet. It's fast paced and suspenseful, with more twists and turns than a suburban Pittsburgh street. The well-developed plot will keep you guessing to the end, and even then I bet you'll be surprised.
If you've never read a Leigh Koslow mystery, you won't be lost reading this one first (this is the fifth in a series). If you've read the others, this one will delight you.
on September 14, 2002
Lilah Murchison is not a very nice woman so when she dies in a plane crash nobody mourns her passing, not even her son Dean. He does expect to inherit her sizable estate so he's shocked when the will is read and he learns that Lilah was not his mother. She left the bulk of her estate to her true heir provided he or she comes forward in five years.

Leah Koslow is also at the reading of the will, standing in for her father who was a beneficiary as long as he provides medical care for her cats until their deaths. From the time the will is read, Leigh's father's clinic is threatened, Lilah's housekeeper dies, and somebody gets murdered who is connected to the case. Concerned about her father and his employees, Leigh investigates and almost gets killed in the process.

Edie Claire always writes an entertaining amateur sleuth novel in which NEVER TEASE A SIAMESE is her best work to date. The heroine is so earnest and logical it is impossible not to like her while the support cast lends humorous moments to a very serious story line. Fans of Lydia Adamson and Susan Wittig Albert will definitely want to read this book.

Harriet Klausner
on December 29, 2002
Edie Claire has created a very memorable and believable character in Leigh Koslow. As a 20-something female with a cat who lived in Pittsburgh for 5 years, I could relate to all of Leigh's adventures in this and Claire's previous books. The Leigh Koslow series features quirky characters facing strange circumstances - murder and mayhem - with both humor and heart in everyday settings. Never Tease a Siamese was another winner, and I hope Ms. Claire gives us another offering soon!
VINE VOICEon June 25, 2003
In this 5th book in the Leigh Koslow mystery series, Leigh once again finds herself in the midst of a murder mystery. At first, it appears that a wealthy eccentric cat lover has died in a plane crash and has left a rather bizarre will. Leigh's father, a respected vet, has been named to be one of the cat's caretakers, and has been granted a rather large retainer. However, he quickly starts receiving threats at his clinic, and his overly curious daughter jumps in to help stop the threats. Also being investigated by Leigh is the fact that mentioned in the will is a missing/unknown heir that stands to inherit big if he/she comes forward within 5 years. Leigh sets out to solve the mystery, and stumbles on another dead body in the process. This is a delightful mystery with many twists.
I enjoyed the latest book in the series about Leigh Koslow Harmon. Most of the time, I can solve the case before I am finished reading the book, but in this case, I was clueless up to the point that Leigh solved the case. I would recommend reading this book even if you had not read any of the four previous books in the series.
The first book in the series is "Never Buried". Enjoy!
on April 30, 2011
This book was pretty good. Not amazing, but entertaining. Aside from this book, I am not familiar with Edie Claire's writing, or the escapades of her character Leigh Koslow. I picked it up because I love cats. That being said, the cats were more of a side-show than anything else. The book basically revolves around Leigh Koslow, who is a quirky, energetic, nosy woman who can't help herself when it comes to solving mysteries. The writing is VERY easy to read, and if you have the time, you could probably finish it in one sitting. Ms. Claire also does a pretty good job with "cliff hangers" at the end of each chapter -- I definitely wanted to keep reading to see what happened. My only real complaint is the lack of character development. All of the characters stayed the same throughout the book and there was no real growth in any of them. Leigh Koslow is also a little too much of a cookie-cutter heroine for me as well. I didn't really care much about any of them or what happened to them. So, all in all, entertaining for light reading, but that's about it.
on October 7, 2013
One of the more convoluted of Edie Claire's "Leigh Koslow" plots, "Never Tease a Siamese" runs a merry chase. Suspects and victims dodge in and out of this intriguing plot so that just when the reader has the "a-Ha! now I know who it is" experience, the ground changes and the focus goes elsewhere. We have central character Leigh's family vet practice at the center of the action - and quite a few cats - but the bona fide cat sleuth affectionado will not find the felines doing the hard yards. A contested Last Will from a locally unloved millionairess ( who just happens to have many Siamese cats) raises the stakes for everyone who has known her. As usual, Leigh Koslow can't keep her nose out of a good mystery and she makes the chase entertaining for us all.
on January 14, 2014
I'm a Mom. Seems like I worry all the time. When I read a book, the last thing I want is to be plunged into the depths of someone's despair... I read all the deep and profound stuff in college. At this stage in my life, when I sit down with a cup of coffee and a book, I'm looking for entertainment. The Leigh Koslow series has enough laughs to entertain me and enough mystery to keep me guessing. I love that the books are light enough to allow me to "let them go" when I put them down. At the same time, the characters are compelling and well-rounded. You feel like you personally know all the players in the stories -- you care what happens to them. Leigh and her family and friends have kept me entertained for many hours worth of reading. I suggest you start at the beginning of the series and go from there.
on February 29, 2012
I'm really bummed on this particular title - I'm still reading it, but it's not near as much fun as Edie's earlier books in this series.

I adore Leigh and all her regular cast of family and friends, but the extra-characters in this particular tale are just too dang boring.

I'm halfway through the story, and as any dedicated series-reader would, I'll finish it, but I think Edie must have been a bit under the weather while writing this installment of the Leigh Koslow mystery series.

I'll post my final review once I'm done with it...and hopefully it will pick up some steam real soon!

OK - just finished the book, and even though I didn't have the right "heir" it was still a less than stellar read for me. When the revelation of the "heir" finally revealed itself, it was all a bit quick and confusing.

I must say, that the more "personal plot" was what kept me reading until the very end....and the final two sentences in the book made it all worthwhile!

I love Leigh, but this book was not up to her caliber of mysteries. It was sad to see the series end in this way - I can only hope that Edie has another one in the works as the personal life of Leigh was approaching a really wonderful level!
on October 29, 2014
I jumped into this author late, but plan to go back to the beginning-and then share with my 13 & 15 year old nieces as I finish books one-three, plus.

An easy read, with curious story line...not too complex, but keeps you guessing... made the book more than just enjoyable. The characters were easy to follow..not so many that I got confused or had to keep returning to earlier pages to determine who was who and what their role was.

Coming in late to the series I understand, now, that I was missing information. And likely having read the previous five books first would have cleared up some questions, as I found, right to the very end I felt that something was coming - or missing - and that there was more to the Vet's role in the story other than location and use of his office staff. I felt he was important, but didn't get the satisfaction of him being more involved in the story line. My only bummer about how the story ended based on how it started.

VERY much enjoyed the read. Light, but wanted to keep reading...until done!

One particular thing that made me happy was the avoidance of cursing and sweating in every other sentence or paragraph, even when the character was entitled by demeanor to do so. The authors handling of these situations was clever....and while I know my nieces have heard curse/swear words before the distinct exclusion of them in this story, while implying they were there, may help the girls find a new way to relate a tale of their own without finding the need to quote what was spoken. I know it has helped remind me.
on November 22, 2013
This story has all the good elements of a interesting read for me, and I love to read! The plot was fast paced. The main character and ensemble cast were likeable, yet so imperfectly human, you never knew what they would do next. I didn't have a clue who the murderer was and the twist at the end was just perfect! I'm planning on reading the whole series even though this is an excellent standalone book.