Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Platform: PC|Change
Price:$13.99+ $5.98 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on March 1, 2012
I'm a huge fan of the series from the very first game, and I am more than a little annoyed that not only does this expansion not install without a patch (which appears to also not install), but that there is virtually no support for the product. Perhaps it should not be on the market if it is still so difficult to install, even after all these years. Hopefully i can make it run, but I'm not holding my breath.
on November 4, 2010
I bought this game for my husband as well as the expansion pack. This is game is annoying as hell. He never leaves the damn computer. I want to smash this game into a million pieces.
44 comments|13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2007
I recently bought this game expansion, but because of an install error have not been able try it. I have been a fan of the Civilization series since version 1. Until now I've been a happy customer. However, after spending hours trying to get this expansion pak to work I'm frustrated with the current company that develops the game.

Here's a brief overview what I've tried. After a number of attempts to install the game and getting install errors I went to the Firaxis support site. I reported the error and ran the data collection tools suggested on the site and sent that information in as well. I got an automatic repsonse saying I should hear from them in 2 working days. A week later having not heard from them, I again sent a follow on message asking for help. Again they did not respond. Finally I tried a third time two weeks after my initial attempt. I never did hear anything from Firaxis. In short, they have NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

The disrespect and arrogance display by this company is astounding. If I treated customers like that in my business, I would be broke and on the street in a very short time.

I have since explored some of the Civ fan sites and noticed others have had similar problems and they too apparently don't get support from the company. Some of those who have been able to install update patches (to get BtS to install) then report that their base Civ games stops working correctly.

In close, buyer beware seems to be an appropriate warning if you are considering buying "Beyond The Sword."
on March 28, 2008
If you have window's vista do not buy this game. civ 4 gold edition is required to play civ 4 on windows vista. beyond the sword, however, in incompatable with civ 4 gold edition. during the install it says there is a newer version of civ 4 available and attempts to download. this always ends in an aborted download and install. after 6 months of talking to the support staff for this product i've given up. i am cosidering consulting a lawyer concering this product. they are falsely advertising it as compactable with window's vista and civ 4 gold edition. do not buy this if you have window's vista. it has been out for over a year and firaxis/take2games has done nothing to address this issue.
44 comments|11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2010
This is NOT a strategy game!!! I have Rifle man getting killed by pike man and Archers; moreover, I have Panzer tanks being destroyed buy Horse archers and Mace man... The idea of the game is to get better technologies than your rival; however, it really doesn't matter how far ahead you are. When the enemy attacks, and when they're far behind in technologies, it's still one to one per unit. The game's units are far more effective than yours are. Again... THIS IS NOT A STRATEGY GAME!!!
on June 30, 2008
I was a Civ IV fan through Warlords, but when I tried installing "Beyond the Sword" on my Dell Inspiron it wrecked the whole game. When I inserted the second installation disk, the computer locked up instead of finishing the installation. When I rebooted, I discovered that I couldn't remove the incomplete "Sword" expansion -- it didn't show up in the programs to uninstall -- and I couldn't reinstall it either (whenever I put the disk in it, it tries to start playing the game and then crashes). And now I can't play the earlier Civ games either because it just crashes. Since I've lost the original Civ IV installation disk, this means that I've spent $20 for the privilege of wrecking a game on my computer. If I could give it a minus star, I would.
on August 1, 2008
The company sent out faulty disks that don't load. I've tried three different cds and all of them were useless. I'm tired of exchanging bad disks for more bad disks, this game is going in the trash.
on August 8, 2008
The game didn't work. Tbe second disk was bad. Contacted the company and they wanted me to send it back within a designated time. I couldn't do that. I live to far from town to justify the trip just for a game.
on February 11, 2010
I looked forward to using this product. I tried everything to load this game and nothing worked. I am totally disapointed and may never order on-line from you again.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2008
The game is great but i never try any civ game before so from what i heard about civ 4 i expected something better than command and conquer something more action not only order all of your unit to do something and then press the red turn button . It's like CHESS game with some addition .

The Idea of choosing a famous leader at the begining is great but they actually do nothing to the result of the game . They just ask for techonlogy , help and War .

The fames stopped working with me many times allthough my laptop is new and very good one .

you can start this game and finish it without killing any unit which is furstrating because there is 6 winning scenarios . One of them is Time winning (if you reach 2050 with the highest score you are winner).

When you attack a city with a large army only one unit can fight at a time . Imagine that i lose about 6 cavalries to one maceman ...

Near the end of the game you can creare air craft . Some of the are useless .

The bottom line : I don't recommend this game to any one who like action strategies game like command and conquer but if you have heart deases or health problem you can buy this game because you adrenaline will never rush :)