5.0 out of 5 stars Day #30.
Day #30.

I think I might have lost my family and children.

I just cannot stop.
Published 5 months ago by A. Gardner

Published 1 month ago by Tom Stephens

5.0 out of 5 stars Day #30., July 10, 2014
This review is from: Sid Meier's Civilization V: The Complete Edition [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
Day #30.

I think I might have lost my family and children.

I just cannot stop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Challenges and Epic long games, July 10, 2014
Get ready for games that will take hours or even days to finish. My first game took 10 hours to complete and I thoroughly enjoyed the challenges it presented me along the way. I don't regret purchasing this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Game!, May 22, 2014
This is one of my favorite games. Great improvement on a classically good series. You should know it needs steam to run, but if you're playing pc games you should really already have steam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless., June 13, 2014
I purchased this key to get a discount from the Steam price and it worked just as advertised. I downloaded the "installer" which just displays the product code that I entered into Steam and my game was activated instantly. I'm now downloading it and I'll definitely be back for some more discounted games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Civilization game I've ever played, June 17, 2014
I played civ 2 and 3 quite extensively when they both first came out a decade or more ago and life forced me to skip civ 4. Civ 5, at least for me, is a logical progression in the series with a tremendous amount of improvements in game play. In short, I have nothing to say about the game that hasn't been said before.

Steam was a little bit of a pain to install and figure out, but once you get it going you can ignore it and just play the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was great, June 11, 2014
It was great though it was a little high powered for my computer and the play style is substantially different for four but over all I was very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent way to buy this game, June 10, 2014
I appreciated the 'how to purchase' choice and the game is everything a Sid Meyer's game should be. Has great options and great graphics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic version of a classic series., May 24, 2014
This seems to be the most nit-picked version of Civilization, I honestly think some people miss having wars between two giant doom-stacks.

Combat is much better and more strategic than ever. The AI behaves a bit more rationally than before actually pursuing desired resources and objectives.

Is it perfect? no but no game will be, I will say this, I've put more hours into this game than I'm proud of. It got me through the better part of a year of not having TV.

2.0 out of 5 stars but I can't give it three in good conscience. I could talk about the crash-to-desktop bugs ..., November 23, 2014
I don't really want to give this game only two stars, but I can't give it three in good conscience. I could talk about the crash-to-desktop bugs that get hard to pin down (could be video drivers, could be DirectX11, or both). I could talk about the really long load times on an 8-core, 16GB system running Windows 7 64-bit on a gaming motherboard. I could talk about the campy, ridiculously out-of-proportion feel of so many of the visuals, as well as the fact the absurd resources they require are related to the crash-to-desktop bugs (memory leaks, I suspect). I could talk about the way the game in the "eXplore, eXpand, eXploit and eXterminate" genre is designed so that you really don't want to do any but the first of the four (that one makes me mad, which is all I'm left feeling for this sad sequal).

But in the end, it's tedious. I spent several days of gameplay grinding through, waiting for it to be fun, but that never happened. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, which is the better part of two decades old, is STILL more fun, more engaging than this thing. Take away the resource-intensive eye candy and that's all this thing is: tedious.

5.0 out of 5 stars This game is better than crack, October 14, 2014
J. Valencia (Sacramento, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
This game is better than crack. at least that is what I keep telling myself in the wee hours of the morning when I keep accidentally clicking "next turn" and can't tear myself away until I complete all the necessary actions... and so it goes.

Assuming you already like CIV, then this is the best edition of the latest version. It has everything.

I'd definitely recommend this over the initial release version (the cheaper one). there is a lot of stuff included in this version that you do not get in the initial release version. there are plenty of reviews that tell you what that other stuff is... you don't need another incomplete list.

Bottom line, CIV V is awesome. So was CIV 4 and CIV 3. I am sure CIV 6 will be equally awesome.