5.0 out of 5 stars Day #30.
Day #30.

I think I might have lost my family and children.

I just cannot stop.
Published 7 months ago by A. Gardner

Published 2 months ago by Reviewer JR

5.0 out of 5 stars Day #30., July 10, 2014
This review is from: Sid Meier's Civilization V: The Complete Edition [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
Day #30.

I think I might have lost my family and children.

I just cannot stop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Challenges and Epic long games, July 10, 2014
Get ready for games that will take hours or even days to finish. My first game took 10 hours to complete and I thoroughly enjoyed the challenges it presented me along the way. I don't regret purchasing this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Civilization game I've ever played, June 17, 2014
I played civ 2 and 3 quite extensively when they both first came out a decade or more ago and life forced me to skip civ 4. Civ 5, at least for me, is a logical progression in the series with a tremendous amount of improvements in game play. In short, I have nothing to say about the game that hasn't been said before.

Steam was a little bit of a pain to install and figure out, but once you get it going you can ignore it and just play the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Game!, May 22, 2014
This is one of my favorite games. Great improvement on a classically good series. You should know it needs steam to run, but if you're playing pc games you should really already have steam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless., June 13, 2014
I purchased this key to get a discount from the Steam price and it worked just as advertised. I downloaded the "installer" which just displays the product code that I entered into Steam and my game was activated instantly. I'm now downloading it and I'll definitely be back for some more discounted games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent way to buy this game, June 10, 2014
I appreciated the 'how to purchase' choice and the game is everything a Sid Meyer's game should be. Has great options and great graphics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic version of a classic series., May 24, 2014
This seems to be the most nit-picked version of Civilization, I honestly think some people miss having wars between two giant doom-stacks.

Combat is much better and more strategic than ever. The AI behaves a bit more rationally than before actually pursuing desired resources and objectives.

Is it perfect? no but no game will be, I will say this, I've put more hours into this game than I'm proud of. It got me through the better part of a year of not having TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was great, June 11, 2014
It was great though it was a little high powered for my computer and the play style is substantially different for four but over all I was very happy with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars The game is fun, but the requirements to use Steam software greatly detract from its appeal., December 14, 2014
The game itself is fun (and completely sucks all your life away from you, as days and weeks disappear), but the real complain is the fact that you can't download the game. You can only install it from online; but if you want to store it on your own backup drive in case you need to re-install your system at some point, or if you want to stop playing it while making sure that if you want to play it in 10 years from now, you can always install it then (which CDs or digital downloads onto drives always allowed), you can no longer do that. You'll just have to depend on the hope that this Steam software will still have your version of software, and will still be in business, forever. If they aren't, you've lost what you paid for, as best as I can tell. Also, the software continues to contact the internet every single time you start up the game. In fact, you can't even install the game unless you have unblocked access to the internet (i.e. no firewall, or else you have to open up about a dozen ports for it to work). I don't see any reason why a game I'm playing on my personal machine should be trying to access their servers every single time I start it up; or why I have to circumvent my firewall just to get the game installed in the first place. It's extremely disappointing, and I personally would not repeat the purchase, knowing what I know now. But the game, itself, is fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars This game is better than crack, October 14, 2014
J. Valencia (Sacramento, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
This game is better than crack. at least that is what I keep telling myself in the wee hours of the morning when I keep accidentally clicking "next turn" and can't tear myself away until I complete all the necessary actions... and so it goes.

Assuming you already like CIV, then this is the best edition of the latest version. It has everything.

I'd definitely recommend this over the initial release version (the cheaper one). there is a lot of stuff included in this version that you do not get in the initial release version. there are plenty of reviews that tell you what that other stuff is... you don't need another incomplete list.

Bottom line, CIV V is awesome. So was CIV 4 and CIV 3. I am sure CIV 6 will be equally awesome.