Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on July 10, 2014
Day #30.

I think I might have lost my family and children.

I just cannot stop.
22 comments109 of 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2014
Get ready for games that will take hours or even days to finish. My first game took 10 hours to complete and I thoroughly enjoyed the challenges it presented me along the way. I don't regret purchasing this.
on June 17, 2014
I played civ 2 and 3 quite extensively when they both first came out a decade or more ago and life forced me to skip civ 4. Civ 5, at least for me, is a logical progression in the series with a tremendous amount of improvements in game play. In short, I have nothing to say about the game that hasn't been said before.

Steam was a little bit of a pain to install and figure out, but once you get it going you can ignore it and just play the game.
on May 22, 2014
This is one of my favorite games. Great improvement on a classically good series. You should know it needs steam to run, but if you're playing pc games you should really already have steam.
on June 13, 2014
I purchased this key to get a discount from the Steam price and it worked just as advertised. I downloaded the "installer" which just displays the product code that I entered into Steam and my game was activated instantly. I'm now downloading it and I'll definitely be back for some more discounted games.
on June 10, 2014
I appreciated the 'how to purchase' choice and the game is everything a Sid Meyer's game should be. Has great options and great graphics.
on June 11, 2014
It was great though it was a little high powered for my computer and the play style is substantially different for four but over all I was very happy with it.
on October 14, 2014
This game is better than crack. at least that is what I keep telling myself in the wee hours of the morning when I keep accidentally clicking "next turn" and can't tear myself away until I complete all the necessary actions... and so it goes.

Assuming you already like CIV, then this is the best edition of the latest version. It has everything.

I'd definitely recommend this over the initial release version (the cheaper one). there is a lot of stuff included in this version that you do not get in the initial release version. there are plenty of reviews that tell you what that other stuff is... you don't need another incomplete list.

Bottom line, CIV V is awesome. So was CIV 4 and CIV 3. I am sure CIV 6 will be equally awesome.
on May 24, 2014
This seems to be the most nit-picked version of Civilization, I honestly think some people miss having wars between two giant doom-stacks.

Combat is much better and more strategic than ever. The AI behaves a bit more rationally than before actually pursuing desired resources and objectives.

Is it perfect? no but no game will be, I will say this, I've put more hours into this game than I'm proud of. It got me through the better part of a year of not having TV.
0Comment10 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2014
The updated graphics and hexagonal based movement were much needed improvements, but some of the civilization specific mechanics have changed.

While the base civilization 5 game was a bit of a letdown, this version includes both gods and kings and brave new world expansions, which make up for the shortcomings of the base game.