Sid Meier’s Civilization V reinvigorates the classic turn-based strategy genre with an astonishing new engine built from the ground-up for this flagship edition of the Civilization franchise. Players are introduced to an entirely new combat system, deeper diplomatic interactions and a cavalcade of expanded features that deliver a fully immersive experience providing hours of entertainment as players build and defend their empire on their quest to become the greatest ruler the world has ever known.
Sid Meier's Civilization V is the fifth offering in the multi-award winning Civilization turn-based strategy game series, and now it is available to players on the Mac platform. As with earlier installments in the series, Civilization V features the famous "just one more turn" addictive gameplay that has made it one of the greatest game series of all time. In addition to this it also features improved diplomacy, unprecedented modding tools and functionality, new ranged combat over a hex oriented board rather than squares, an in-game community hub facilitating improved online play and more.
A Franchise Reborn Comes to Mac
With over nine million units sold worldwide, and unprecedented critical acclaim from fans and press around the world, Sid Meier's Civilization is recognized as one of the greatest strategy franchises of all-time. Now, with Sid Meier's Civilization V, Firaxis Games takes this incredibly fun and addictive strategy game to unprecedented heights by adding new ways to play and win, new tools to manage and expand your civilization, extensive modding capabilities and intensely competitive multiplayer options.
Civilization V comes to life in a beautifully detailed, living world that will elevate the gameplay experience to a whole new level making it a must-have for gamers around the globe. In Civilization V, players strive to become Ruler of the World by establishing and leading a civilization from the dawn of man into the space age, waging war, conducting diplomacy, discovering new technologies, going head-to-head with some of history's greatest leaders and building the most powerful empire the world has ever known.
Civilization V features 18 playable civilizations chosen from every corner of the globe and from pivotal points in history. Each of these features a charismatic and historic leader who speaks in his/her native tongue, while their forces possess special abilities and units. The culture of each civilization will evolve, with players unlocking and adopting social policies over time, which bring benefits and improvements appropriate to the stage of civilization achieved to that point. Playable civilizations include:
| || || || || || |
Key Game Features
- Civilization V Mac introduces hexagon tiles allowing for deeper strategy, more realistic gameplay and stunning organic landscapes for players to explore as they expand their empire.
- The brand new engine orchestrates a spectacular visual experience featuring fully animated leaders interacting with players from a screen-filling diplomatic scene and speaking in their native language for the first time.
- Successful diplomacy will depend on players carefully managing relationships with other leaders, trading items and land, plying them with gold, and deciding if they are friend or foe.
- Expanded visuals and immersive audio invite would-be kings to take up the reigns of power and forge a mighty empire. Civilization V offers a limitless variety of vast, realistic and diverse landscapes for players.
- An intuitive interface eases both new players and Civ veterans into the game. Guided by a set of trusted advisors who will explain game functionality and provide counsel for significant decisions.
- Wars between empires feel massive as armies dominate the landscape, and combat is more exciting and intense than ever before.
- The addition of ranged bombardment allows players to fire weapons from behind the front lines, challenging players to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield.
- Write your own epic story each time you play. Choose one of eighteen historical civilizations to lead from the stone-age to the space age on your quest to build the world's most powerful empire.
- Operating System - OS X 10.6.4 (Snow Leopard)
- CPU Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
- CPU Speed - 2.4 GHz
- Memory - 2 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space - 8 GB
- Video Card (ATI / NVidia): Radeon HD 2600 / Geforce 8600
- Video Memory (VRAM): 256 MB
- Media Required: DVD-ROM
- Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard
- CPU Processor - Intel Quad Core
- CPU Speed - 2.6 GHz
- Memory - 4 GB RAM
- Video Memory (VRAM) - 512 MB
- Apple original CPU's only, CPU upgrades not supported
Supported Video Cards
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600, 8800, 9600M, GT 120, 320M
- ATI Radeon HD 2600, HD 3870, HD 4670, HD 4850, HD 5670, HD 5750
- Apple Intel Chipsets only. Power PC Processors (G4 and G5) are not supported
- Intel integrated video chipsets are not supported
- This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive)
- Internet connection required for activation