This is not a smart phone, but I really like it. Wanted something for calling and texting, and not much else. I only use the swing-out keyboard from time to time, but it works very well. Sometimes it swings out on its own, in my purse, which I don't like; but that doesn't happen too often.

This phone has a camera, nice sound profile options (vibrate,...
Published on March 14, 2011 by A. Frey

3.0 out of 5 stars Its nice.
Published on July 21, 2011 by xenagirl

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for what I wanted, a phone with limited bells and whistles on it., March 14, 2011
This review is from: New Sidekick 2008 GSM Quadband phone for T-Mobile (Wireless Phone Accessory)

This phone has a camera, nice sound profile options (vibrate, specialty settings), and a micro-SD slot. I am using a micro-SD to store photos taken with the camera because I had trouble figuring out how transfer photos off my phone into my computer. The micro-SD works great and with an adapter the card can go into the printer to manually transfer photos off the phone.

Battery life is good. I was told my phone was refurbished -- so far I am very happy with the quality of the phone I received. The only scratches are the ones I put on, somehow, after 3 months of use! Shipping was free, which is a plus (especially when Amazon ships it themselves)

3.0 out of 5 stars Its nice., July 21, 2011
I ordered the sidekick 3 days ago and got it today . very fast shipping . the phone is nice it came brand new wrapped in plastic and sealed which was vry nice . the keyboard is great i a can txt much faster . but the call quality is a little fuzzy but well worth the money . i knew it had no internet service to begin with so i wasnt surprised . it allows the sidekick to work much faster without it . i had a my touch 4g before this phone i am so much happier with the sidekick becuz it doesnt constantly freeze cut off in the middle of a phone call so overall i am stress free with this phone vry happy with it . and i would recommend it to anyone looking for a basic call and txt phone . :)..

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, June 12, 2011
I was searching for a replacement phone and i found the sidekick, i have always wanted one. The price was good and the item is good.

Pros:
I got overngight shipping so of course shipping was fast
The Phone came in its original box, new, and came with all extras in great shape.
The phone is small and the keyboard is AMAZING!
the screens picture is very good.
the camera is good
phone has easy to use interface

Cons:
Notification sounds dont work because you need a sidekick plan, and tmobile no-longer allows that plan.
Names in messaging inbox dont work because of the plan.
the internet doesnt work because of the plan
and video isnt that great.

I am very happy with this phone and would promote it to anyone!

hope this helped!

4.0 out of 5 stars not a smart phone, but not stupid either, July 27, 2011
When I ordered this, I thought it was a smart phone, but T-Mobile no longer supports a data plan for this phone. But it's very nice for talking, texting with the quirty keyboard, and has a good camera, all at a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, February 4, 2011
This is a great phone. At first I was skeptical because of the great price but arrived to me quickly and in great shape. This phone is exactly what I needed without breaking the bank.

1.0 out of 5 stars No T-Mobile Support, December 28, 2011
I bought this phone for my granddaughter for Christmas,after she received it we found out that T-Mobile no longer supports this model phone,its outdated and no connection to T-Mobile.I feel you should let buyers know the phone can't be connected to the carrier.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok phone for those who don't use it a lot, September 7, 2011
I bought this phone for my 12-year-old daughter; the observations and opinions expressed in this review are hers.

WHAT SHE LIKES: Doesn't drop calls often compared with other T-Mobile phones; good sound quality, twist/flip screen is cool.

WHAT SHE DOESN'T LIKE: Bulky; doesn't ring or vibrate until at least 2 minutes after a text message has arrived, menu controls and navigation are confusing, obsolete data network, editing the speed dial number list is undocumented and counterintuitive.

The Sidekick is loaded with personalization features, but they're accessed in a complex, counterintuitive and poorly documented menu system. My daughter has had it for a couple months now, and still has trouble changing settings. The phone depends on T-Mobile's extinct Danger Network for obtaining the correct date and time, so it is necessary to manually change the time when traveling between time zones. The phone can work well for people who communicate mainly via text messaging (but note that the phone doesn't alert the user immediately when a message arrives) mostly call the same 8 (speed dial) numbers, but people who frequently have to dial new phone numbers will find the process cumbersome.

This Sidekick model was an early smartphone, with many text, e-mail, web and network-based features. However, with the demise of T-Mobile's Danger network, most of these features no longer work on this phone. The only features that still work are the basic voice, text and e-mail services supported by T-Mobile's standard GSM network.

Despite these drawbacks, it works well as an inexpensive phone for a pre-teenager.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smooth and practical!, August 26, 2011
Great QWERTY phone with features that are very easy to manage for experienced cell phone users and long-time T-Mobile subscribers. Having a new sidekick and for the price that I paid it's very satisfying despite having a couple of unnoticeable disadvantages: screen not closing perfectly straight (unnoticeable) and a stiff scroll ball. For people who don't want to get gouged with a data plan and a overly expensive android phone but still want that "hipster" design in a cell phone and for those who love texting, this sidekick is for you!

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, June 10, 2011
its not a bad phone. If you just want the very basic.. if you want more this is not the phone for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, fast shipping!, June 21, 2011
If you're looking for a great messaging phone, look no further. This product came to me yesterday with all factory seals in tact, so when I opened the box I was extremely relieved. I'm still trying to figure out how to get through all of the settings and options, but I'm sure with time I'll be a pro. If you purchase this phone and don't know how to use it, don't be intimidated. There is an entire community of people on the internet on many different forums with the purpose of helping people (like me) out if they don't know how to use the phone, or are just having a problem. Aside from the phone, my purpose in writing this review was to rave about the entire shipping process.

I purchased this phone from Amazon.com late Friday night and had no assumption of seeing any type of shipping or processing until at least Monday (I had selected the Super Saver Shipping (5-8 days)). This assumption was based on all other online ordering aside from Amazon.com. To my surprise, the ordering information went straight to the company and this got the ball rolling, fast. The ETA for the package was in 5 business days, which was pretty good by my standards. Using Ensenda, I was able to track my package over the weekend, including Sunday, and by Monday afternoon I had the new phone. That wasn't even 3 days from the night I ordered the phone!! I've never experienced free shipping that was so fast!!! Amazing job Ensenda!!

Rate and Discover Movies