5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and Functional
Published on May 5, 2010 by D.C.

1.0 out of 5 stars Surprised how bad a product could be
Published on September 7, 2011 by J65D2PA

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and Functional, May 5, 2010
D.C. (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Siemens Gigaset dect_6.0 Cordless Phone System with Additional Handset and Free SkinIt (C595-2) (Office Product)
I purchased this kit along with 2 extra handsets, which I just received today. I had shopped for cordless phones at my local Best Buy, but was disappointed with the Panasonics and VTechs that they had. They all looked and felt of cheap plastic. My family and I mostly use our cell phones these days, so I didn't want to spend a lot to replace the dying Sony set that we had. I also did not want some cheap and garish plastic product on my counter top.

I chose this model after reading the many glowing reviews on Amazon about other Siemens models. My initial impression is that the handsets and base units were smaller than I had expected; which is a good thing because its small footprint takes up very little counter space. I am very pleased with its elegant design and quality feel. Setup was easy. The two handsets in the kit came registered to the base unit so all I had to do was plug in the power. The additional handsets easily registered to the base, and was automatically assigned internal handset numbers of 3 and 4. Navigating the menus was easy and intuitive, using a combination of up/down/left/right arrows and soft keys (not unlike programming a Motorola RAZR, and other cell phones). I especially like the choice of screen savers, to which I selected a different one for each handset. You can select different ring tones for internal (intercom) and external calls as well. The instruction manual is also well laid out and easy to follow, which made setup and personalization a breeze. Finally, the sound quality is very good.

The only surprise was that although it was specified as wall-mountable (I had to look for that feature on Siemen's Web site), you can't mount it to a standard phone jack wall plate. You have to hang it on 2 screws, and it will stick out horizontally from the wall instead of hanging flat.

My criteria were style, quality construction, features (answering machine, call screening, intercom), and price.
Even though it costs more than twice as much as a similar Panasonic 4-handset kit, it's still half the price of the top-of-the-line Siemens. This model is a good compromise, and I'm very satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent phone, January 17, 2011
I really like this phone. I was looking for a good phone for almost a year, buying and returning from and to local electnonics stores. I never had a good luck with any of so called excellent Sony or Panasonic phones,they all are made in China, simply junk. I am more than satisfied with Siemens: sounds excellent, works the best, set up is simple, features are wonderful, design is great. The it is made in Germany! I will recommend this phone to every one. You will be happy! ( however, i did not try to mount it to the wall, i dont need it) It is a little expensive but it's worth your money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement - which was hard to find., January 4, 2011
My old phone encountered a traumatic death - dying of an accumulation of drops on a very hard kitchen floor.
My marching orders were to find a replacement that had the following characteristics:
1 - WAS BEIGE OR WHITE (Believe it or not, but this was the hardest. Everyone makes silver or silver and black.)
2 - HAD A HEADPHONE PLUG
3 - WAS WALL MOUNTABLE
4 - WAS EXPANDABLE
5 - INCLUDED AN ANSWERING MACHINE.
This phone met all of the above. We have had it in operation for a few weeks and it works fine. There is nothing that makes it a show-stopper. It is an adequate machine, operates very well and although some aspects are "different" than what we were used to, we have adapted easily.
The only problem I experienced was that the answering machine stopped talking when playing back messages. We could hear the messages by using the handset, but not directly from the base. I must say that AMAZON is AMAZING. I went on the site and requested a replacement. Within hours the replacement process was in motion and I received the unit within 2 days. I paid for NO shipping for the replacement nor the return of the defective unit. I love doing business with AMAZON.

1.0 out of 5 stars Surprised how bad a product could be, September 7, 2011
We bought this phone because of its eco mode function. We wanted to minimize our children's exposure to wifi or whatever the dect 6.0 waves are. However, the phone plainly spoken just sucks. The reception is terrible and if you try to use it in the basement forget about it. If you try to use it in the yard, forget about it. If you try to walk and talk on the phone at the same time, forget about as you'll hear clicking sounds at every step. If you're thinking about a phone choice, you can forget about this Siemens model. We would return it if we hadn't already recycled the box in a blitz of idiocy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely designed phone, November 2, 2010
The handsets are much smaller and lighter than I anticipated. Answering machine is also very compact. Sound quality is excellent and the menus are easy to navigate. Solid product so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the extra, November 15, 2011
Pamela (LITTLETON, CO, United States) - See all my reviews
Excellent phone...many features that i love. i am able to totally turn off all the ringers and the call screening and the message waiting beeps so that i never hear anything which wasn't an option on any of the phones i reviewed. When there is a message i just see the red message waiting button flashing. To turn the ringer on and off is very simple too. just the touch of one button on the phone for those time i am waiting for a specific call. Each phone can be turned on or off by its handset individually so that only that handset rings. The ring and ring tones are nice little jingles & beeps to choose from. The pager is cool, i am able to page hubby from his man cave (lol) so he know i need him asap! ...lolol.
Excellent buy. i will purchase siemens in the future. it has all the "little" features i wanted that weren't options of the other cheaper brands. WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY nice phones!, June 16, 2010
I bought these over a week ago, and so far so good! There are sooo many features on this phone compared to your standard cordless phone. The DECT technology is definitely the way to go!! This model, w/ 2 handsets was a bit pricey, but very nice quality and look. The only reason I gave it only 4 stars was because of the price...

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice home phone, January 16, 2011
Cool looking and nice quality, easy setup, well worth for the money. The only down side I found is the reaction time is abit slow for me ~~ Overall, I am very satisfy ~

3.0 out of 5 stars Dont hang up!, July 6, 2010
Great product but does not belong on a wall!Will not connect with a normal wall mount as implied?

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as expected, quality phone., September 28, 2010
Great phone, great features such as unknown caller silence, room monitor, quality speaker phone. Does not interfere with WiFi. Easy to use menu. Made in Germany, not China. Spend a little extra on home phone and the quality will pay for itself over the years. Panasonic is overly complicated, hard to use menu and China made quality can't be trusted.