Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sierra Designs Women's Pull-On Down Bootie
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 24, 2011
[...]

I have been searching for warm comfortable booties for my wife Carol for some time now and when I found these on Amazon they fitted the bill.
They come up to mid calf for extra warmth. The bottoms are slip resistant. This is important as she had polio as a child and has post polio syndrome now. Her balance has been affected so these slippers provide and extra measure of safety.
On plane flights and long car rides they give her comfort
They are washable. She wears them every day and has recommended them to her friends.
on February 26, 2014
MY FEET ARE ALWAYS FREEZING SO I BOUGHT THESE AND THEY ARE VERY WARM AND COMFY! NO MORE COLD TOES!! I USUALLY WEAR A SIZE 7 1/2 TO AN 8 DEPENDING ON THE STYLE OF SHOE AND THE LARGE JUST FITS PERFECTLY.
on November 7, 2011
I have worn Sierra Designs down booties for at least the last 5 years now. I live in a basement apartment in Chicago so the floors are like ice. The old 'Men's' style booties are comfy and thick. With a pair of polar fleece socks they actually keep my feet warm.
I got these booties because they are a nice color(radish) and because they come up higher on the calf. I'm always joking that I'm going to put on a down suit in November and not take it off again until April so a couple extra inches in height seemed like a great idea. The problem is that they are not nearly as thick as the other style. They look slightly less goofy on but if my feet aren't warm then I just don't care.
I'm sending these back and getting a pair of the men's style booties that I know are reliably warm.
on October 6, 2011
Just got these booties and have them on now. They are not great. The fit is strange and one has a very scratchy stitch or some flaw in the heel area that hurts. I was hoping these would equal the Baffin booties that I love and have become hard to find. Quite a disappointment that even at 64 degrees, my feet are cold in these.
on April 10, 2013
These pack down small, and kept my feet toasty when all my fellow campers were shivering and complaining of icy feet. They are super-soft yet sturdy enough to walk on concrete and over rougher terrain. I would not be surprised to find that when people go to Heaven these are standard issue upon arrival. Also they arrived fast despite being shipped from outside Amazon.
on February 12, 2014
These slippers are completely shapeless and probably not something you'd want to wear on your honeymoon. They are also slightly overpriced for what they are. But if you're anything like me, having warm feet is 90 percent of the battle when trying to stay comfortable during cold weather, and these definitely do the trick. Also on the plus side, their lack of a stiff structure makes them very packable.

I ordered a medium, even though my shoe size is 6-1/2, and I'm glad I did. The slippers run a bit small. If a larger size turns out to be too sloppy or lacks sufficient warmth, you can always wear a pair of socks with them.

A couple of negatives: Although I think they are hand-washable, mine came minus any care instructions. As for the non-slip soles, they definitely aren't as advertised. I wouldn't recommend them for anyone with balance or stability issues. Possibly scuffing the bottoms a little with sandpaper would solve this problem.
on January 3, 2013
I loooooovvvveee these shoes....I brought two pair and they are so comfortable. My hubby calls them space boots but I love them. Someone said that they run big and that's not true. I ordered mine in a bigger size listening to others post and they are in fact too big but I still think they are comfortable. I wear them around the house and on road trips.
on March 3, 2013
I love these things! They are lightweight and comfortable, and pleasantly warm. They are structured just enough to run outside to get the mail, but don't make you feel like you are wearing a constrictive shoe. I lost my first pair, and missed them very much, so bought another, since I use them all the time.
on January 9, 2016
I've owned a pair of these for years and like them so much that I bought this pair to hoard for future use. They are nice and warm, obviously cover your ankles which is a must for me and they hold up in the wash very well. My only quibble with them is the sole which is a little slippery on bare floors and noisy on same. They would not be good for outdoor use except in a very limited way. They're roomy and I usually wear soft socks in them - they're for fairly serious cold weather, only a harder, thicker sole could improve them.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 18, 2015
Warm! I wear 8-8 1/2 shoe so I ordered L; good thing, they do not leave room for anything but my feet. I have arthritis and gout and can't tolerate anything on my feet, not even bedding. I have severe pain to even walk so the cushioned foot bed makes it less painful; however, one serious flaw, for my use, is trying to walk on our wood floors; my feet slipped so seriously I nearly fell 3 times; just like trying to walk on ice!!! I'm 72 and falling could break bones or, at the most, prove fatal. So, until I figure out how to make the soles safe for me to walk in, I will have to wear them only while sitting.