Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Sierra Tools Battery-Operated Liquid Transfer Pump...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 35% off the $19.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Sierra Tools Battery-Operated Liquid Transfer Pump, Model# JB5684
|Price:||$13.73 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$6.25 (31%)|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Move liquids safely and easily with this convenient handheld pump
- Pumps gas, water, oil and other non-corrosive liquids
- Use in garage, aquariums, home and yard
- Pumps up to 6 quarts of liquid per minute
- Requires two "D" size batteries (not included)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
I took it apart to repair the pump. I found the following defects in manufacturing:
1. Poor solder joint on circuit board positive lead.
2. The insulation on positive wire (red wire) connecting to circuit board was ragged. This wire also had a short piece of extra wire leading away to nowhere that could cause a short.
3. Poor solder joint in negative wire (white).
4. With these repaired the pump was still inoperative. The ohm meter still showed an open going to the electric pump.
5. I removed the pump from the black intake and applied battery voltage direct to motor. Still inoperative.
6. I opened up the motor and found That one of the brushes was improperly installed. There are two sets of brushes with three fingers each that touch the commutator. Two of the fingers on one brush were not riding on the commutator. I reinstalled the fingers in the commutator an put pump back together. The pump now works, but very weakly.
This pump was cheaply made with poor quality control.
The hose included is cheap material, so be prepared to buy a higher quality and longer hose. (3/4 inside dia. with a hose clamp. 5' is what I have.) Also - unless this pump is exactly upright it will leak a little through the vent hole, not a big deal, just set it well and you're good.
It is simple construction so I expect it will last quite a while. The parts are lightweight and seem a little cheap, otherwise it'd get 5 stars.
The answer after my first try: It exceeded all expectations. The flow was fast enough to fill my tank in a minute or so (maybe less), but slow enough to feel easily controllable. The plastic outlet tube has a couple of places where it can bend easily without crimping (a bellows kind of arrangement like a kids bendy-straw). The switch is conveniently located on the top of the handle. When you turn off the switch the flow stops quickly and both the outlet hose and the 'wand' in the tank drain quickly. When I took it out of the tank, there were no drips, though not surprisingly it still smelled of gas. (I left it outside in the sun for a while and then stored it in a sheltered, but outside location.)
I half expected it to say "not for flammable liquds" or something. It did warn about not using it for paint thinner, but it is pretty explicit about being ok for gasoline. Note that the pump impeller is at the bottom of the wand that sticks in the gas tank, and the motor, switch, and batteries at the top so the electrical stuff is fairly far from the gasoline.
One possible caveat: They warn not to pump to a level higher than the top of the wand. I'm not sure why that is. I don't imagine that pump has ALL that much lift It was ok for my tractor, but I'm not sure if it will be for the generator. Another thing, when I put the gas can on the ground beside the tractor (actually in a little wagon so I can wheel the gas can out), the clear hose was just long enough to reach.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is one of the coolest "as seen on TV" type items I own. I have been using it for gasoline (transferring gasoline from cans into my snowblower, chainsaw, car, etc). Read morePublished 1 day ago by Michael T. Hanley, CPA
I dropped it. And the switch broke. Two D batteries make it top heavy. Get the AA version. Much better!Published 1 day ago by Bob Goddard
Used this 2 times and no longer will even turn on. Bought in Nov dead in Feb. This is the problem with some Amazon purchases. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Barry
I've had this for a few days now, and so far it has worked great! It's actually much longer than I anticipated and much lighter as well. Read morePublished 1 day ago by K. Ahmed
Just as advertised. Very simple to use and gets in tight places.Published 2 days ago by Bryant Harmon
This thing is an absolute live saver. We use it at the race track to fill up our bikes. No more spilling $9/gal race fuel all over the tank and ground! Absolutely love itPublished 2 days ago by phalcon45
I bought this pump to drain gas from a variety of gas powered equipment. It does a great job and is very easy to use. Also no spills to clean up and the price was right.Published 3 days ago by Stephen G.