4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful for Speech

3.0 out of 5 stars good but has no reset
Published 23 months ago by SRK

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful for Speech, September 21, 2012
This review is from: Sight Words Sentence Builder (App)
My son's speech therapist mentioned this app as something to help him with his speech. He enjoys it for short periods of time, but it definitely does make him think about sentence structure, etc. Also good for general kindergarten knowledge (recognize words & simple punctuation). Wish there was more fanfare or different congratulatory response when you get it right. Smiley-faces are only funny for so long. Overall a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Parent and OT, August 16, 2012
This review is from: Sight Words Sentence Builder (App)
I am a parent of 5 boys and an occupational therapist. This app is great for reinforcing sight words as well as fine motor and visual motor skills. Helps improve listening skills as well! I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars sarenda, October 29, 2012
This review is from: Sight Words Sentence Builder (App)
If my writing reviews will help anyone with a decision on their Kindle Fire HD purchase. The free apps are great! I have a daughter that has Down Syndrome that is loving this game Sight Words. I was surprised with how much she actually likes it...As you know its tough sometimes getting our kids to show much interest in anything that might be a slight bit educational...Well Im here to tell you,,,, Shes loving it!

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 year old loves this game, January 12, 2013
This review is from: Sight Words Sentence Builder (App)
My 5 year old loves this game and plays this as often as possible. He had to learn 60 new sight words in kindergarten this year by Feb 1 and this definitely helped him.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, December 21, 2012
This review is from: Sight Words Sentence Builder (App)
my son is 5 and in kindergarten, he hates doing sight words at home for homework but loves doing them with this app, he feels accomplished and proud when he get them correct and its helped him to enjoy them more in school and at home.

3.0 out of 5 stars good but has no reset, February 11, 2013
This review is from: Sight Words Sentence Builder (App)
This is a great app but after I tested found a few ways it could be improved. I have more than 1 grandchild so therefore have more than 1 User. I would love to be able to have individual logging information so I could keep up with each child and know each ones individual scores. I played it before them and tested it by selecting correct answers and incorrect answers so when the first child played they had to start with the same scores from my test drive. This gives me inaccurate grades for that child and the next child will build on the same grade so you never really detect their strengths and/or weaknesses. If there was a way to keep each child's individual score I would have given this a 5

1.0 out of 5 stars Not enough variation., January 2, 2013
Gigi Beignet (New Orleans, LA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sight Words Sentence Builder (App)
There are only four or five sentances to order on each of the four levels. Kids were done with it in less than 10 minutes. I'm very dissapointed after reading all the positive reviews.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, January 8, 2013
This review is from: Sight Words Sentence Builder (App)
My 6 year old daughter plays this everyday. It teaches sentence structure and sight words! It reinforces her learning from school!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sight Words, December 15, 2012
This review is from: Sight Words Sentence Builder (App)
Seems appropriate for my four year old. It allows for a certain amount of guessing, which is good. Incorrect guesses do not receive the smiley face feedback, so its easy for a kid to understand right and wrong. We as parents are always looking for new apps that can serve as learning tools for our kids. This is another tool for the toolkit. Worth the price (I think it was two dollars, but I'm not sure. It was definitely less than five dollars).

2.0 out of 5 stars wish word hints could be minimized, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Sight Words Sentence Builder (App)
It is impossible to get anything less than 100% in this game because the word is said every time you touch on it and there is no way to turn it off in settings. My daughter is not really reading the words,just depending on the audio until she gets the sentence right with trial and error.

Sight Words Sentence Builder