Amazon.com Product Description
Connect up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices simultaneously--including laptops, gaming devices, cameras and even smartphones from other carriers--through a single connection using the Sierra Wireless Overdrive 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot from Sprint. Offering the next generation of ultra-fast WiMAX 4G wireless connectivity, the Overdrive delivers the best of both worlds with its compatibility with Sprint's current 3G network. Compact, portable, and easy to carry, the Overdrive also supports memory cards up to 16 GB of shared storage via its microSD slot and has built-in Wi-Fi GPS capability.
Enjoy both 3G/4G wireless broadband connectivity with this mobile hotspot serving up to 5 devices simultaneously.
The dual-mode Overdrive 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot can be used on both the Sprint 4G network and Sprint's dependable 3G Mobile Broadband Network. This flexibility allows enjoy to enjoy 4G performance in any Sprint 4G market or to use Sprint's reliable 3G mobile broadband network when outside a 4G area. Sprint 4G is already available in 27 markets and continues to expand to new cities, bringing wireless speeds up to 10 times faster than today's 3G from any other national wireless carrier.
It's a great broadband wireless option for just about everybody:
In the Home
Through a single connection, you can bypass your cable provider and stream HD movies from content distribution providers (such as Netflix, Amazon and Blockbuster) right to your TV; connect your Xbox 360 and game real-time with someone located across the globe; move pictures wirelessly from your camera to a digital picture frame and surf the Web on your laptop while streaming Pandora.
In the Dorm
Connect virtually anywhere on a campus with 4G coverage at 4G speeds: Turn your iPod Touch with Skype into a voice phone and make a call, or stream a live movie from Hulu or Netflix to your laptop.
Whether you're on a long trip or running a busy day of errands, use Overdrive to keep passengers entertained in the car. Stream your favorite TV show from Hulu to your netbook; use a PSP gaming device to access multiple games and content; download music to your Zune HD; and turn your 3G iPhone into a 4G device. It's all very simple with Overdrive.
Join a video conference, download large files, conduct a virtual home tour and stay in constant contact with your office via unified communications.
- Universal Wi-Fi capability: up to 5 Wi-Fi enabled device sharing one connection
- Compatible with universal Wi-Fi devices: works with all operating systems
- MicroSD slot for shared storage up to 5 connected devices with support for memory cards up to 16 GB.
- LCD screen communicates device information such as Internet connection status, number of people sharing and battery life.
- GPS capable: built-in Wi-Fi GPS capability (on 3G) allows you to pinpoint and map your location
- Easy to use: compact, portable device requires no connector, activation or installation, enabling easy re-deployment
- Extended Wi-Fi range up to 150 feet
- 4G data speeds (WiMAX): Peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 4 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps.
- 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.): Peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps.
- Backwards compatible to the EVDO Rev. 0 and 1xRTT Networks
- Seamlessly transitions from 4G to 3G and vice versa
- Device can be tethered via USB extension cable (included) to a computer in order to charge the battery, connect to the network as well as share up to 5 devices/users
- Dimensions: 3.14 x 3.14 x 0.61 inches (HxWxD)
- Weight: 4.51 ounces
- Frequency: 1xEVDO Rev. A, Rev. 0 and 1X (850/1900 MHz); WiMAX 2500 MHz and GPS MHz
- Display size: 1.4-inch LCD (128 x 228 pixels)
- Battery: 1830 mAh with access time of 3 hours of use and 36 hours standby time
What's in the Box
Sierra Overdrive hotspot modem, battery, back cover for modem, AC charger, USB to USB micro cable, quick start guide