5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Device! - I am addicted!
I wanted to get this phone when it first came out but was not willing to spend the $600 it was selling for. Although later I did spend $700 for the Sony Ericsson P800 when it came out.

Published on June 8, 2006 by Victor Nelson

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed results / opinion
I've used it for over a year now...

The good:

Nice batery, the keyboard is incredibly practical, speakerphone works just with the right loudness. Good screen.

The bad:

Published on September 6, 2006 by Uruguayan Traveller

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Device! - I am addicted!, June 8, 2006
This review is from: Sierra Wireless Voq Professional Phone - Smartphone - GSM - bar (Electronics)

Well, I wish I hadn't bothered with the P800. I liked it quite a bit, but I can't say it was the best PDA for professional users and as a phone it didn't do much, since everyone had a hard time hearing me. It was good for games and multimedia (playing MP3 and watching videos).

I have owned and used several Blackberries, Palms, iPaqs (yes, I am a cell phone junkie) and a wide range of other cell phones (at one point I had 4 cell numbers/phones) but I have to say that the Voq is my favorite. The folding keyboard was a genius idea! Sure the Voq is larger than an average phone, but it is smaller than a PDA! I personally much prefer the keyboard versus the stylus and this keyboard is as good as any.

I've owned it for a month now and I can say that the battery works for me, I talk quite a bit during the day and when I plug it in at night there is juice left. Also it seems to fully charge in 2-3 hours. Reception seems to be good / surprisingly better than what I get from a Samsung phone (same service/SIM card). The speakerphone is also excellent.

I haven't used it as an MP3 or multimedia device yet but it looks like it can do the job well.

For the $120 average that this phone/PDA sells it is a steal!

If you found this review useful, please click "Yes".

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed results / opinion, September 6, 2006
Uruguayan Traveller (Montevideo, Uruguay) - See all my reviews
I've used it for over a year now...

The good:

The bad:

A nasty big chunk of plastic. CHEAP ! a key broke (it just does not make the click anymore when you click it). No bluetooth. Windows Hangs up once in a while (about a week or so) and after some months it crashes up to no avail (you have to HARD RESET it loosing everything).