Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on April 1, 2013
I loved this app! It's excellent as a tool to get your kids used to recognizing what the game refers to as sight words. It deals with words that every kid should be able to see and understand when they see it. It has a very wide range of activities to pull them in and keep them entertained and engaged while learning, which is rare. Not sure if any other reviewer has mentioned this, but I thought that it was a nice touch to have settings for multiple accounts and children. Very few of these app developers take that into account, and it's nice to be able to save progress and let someone else play. I definitely recommend this over regular index flash cards that don't hold a child's attention at ALL. Great app!
0Comment72 of 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2013
This app is appropriate for 4-10 yr olds. I help my son who is 3 play the app but some of it is too advanced for him. I was surprised to se the word "little" in the preschool words. That word seems very difficult for preschoolers. He gets excited when he gets the right word.
on December 30, 2013
My grandson was struggling to learn how to read. Each Sunday I would see him and I could tell it was frustrating him that he was getting behind in school. I would talk with his parents and they would update me. Everyone was trying to catch him up, including his parents, but nothing was clicking for him.

I know he is an intelligent boy, so I did some homework on what prevents children from learning how to read. I found out that some kids really struggle with sight words. I research sight words a bit more and found the Sight Words Games app from 22Learn. I grabbed it for my tablet and let my grandson check it out one afternoon.

He loved it. The games were exciting and he was instantly into the app. He liked the game so much he got his parents to put it on their tablet as well. He uses the Sight Words Games app almost every night now I am told.

But, the best part about the app is that it improves young readers ability. My grandson has made more progress with his reading in the last month than he had in the six months previously. I highly recommend the Sight Words Games app to anybody who has a child struggling with reading.
22 comments15 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2014
If you are like me, you probably get free versions of apps when available to test whether or not you should invest money in the paid app. Well, I tried the free version of this app and my four year old was happy with it so I decided to upgrade to the paid version so my son could unlock some more of the features.

My son is enjoying this version of the app. However, it does freeze up occasionally. To get it back running it just requires restarting it so not too much of a big deal in my opinion.

I do say this is a great app. However, after using it for some time your child is going to know all of the answers. In my opinion that means that, the app has done a great job. However, if you were looking for an app that provides something that grows with your child this would not be it. I feel as though it is a great investment, your child will learn a lot, and it is a fun way for them to do something education.
on August 22, 2013
I think this is a decent game for kids who like to learn via electronics. My first grader is enjoying it and definitely picking up on lots of these sight words. She says, "I like that it's fun and easy. It gets harder and goes all the way up to third grade. I learned how to spell a new number...the number "eight".
on April 23, 2013
My kids can't get enough of apps from this company! Everything we've downloaded on our Kindle Fire has been fun, upbeat, and educational. I bought this app after trying the free version and was glad that I did. This had all the games from the free version that were locked in that download and it greatly expanded game play. I especially liked the memory game and how you could set difficult by grade level. Brilliant games and highly recommend. I look forward to getting more apps from these guys.
on June 10, 2013
Upgraded from the free version because of the wonderful results we have seen with our daughter after using this app. She loves all the games and activities, and the fact we can adjust the app to better accommodate her learning is very useful. I would recommend this app to anyone with a preschool - 1st grade child.
0Comment13 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2013
kids like the graphics. I use it as a reward for finishing other work - they don't realize they are still practicing skills.
on September 1, 2013
The app would be great if there weren't so many glitches. It locks up frequently and is frustrating. Maybe our experience is the "one off" & others have no issue. Either way there's no clear way to fix, "if" possible
11 comment6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2013
This is a nice app with a good variety of games. I have a 4yo and a 6yo and I like that they can both play this at different levels. The problem I have is the pronunciation of the word "a". It sounds like a hiccup, not a word.