Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 26, 2012
I'm using these cards with my 3 1/2 year old who is starting to learn to read. There are 54 cards, mostly 3-6 letter common words on the front and back, 108 words total. The package states that sight words don't follow phonics rules, but some of these words are arguably phonetic in pronunciation. Still they're good to review often as they're very common words and he should be able to pick up on them quickly when reading a book.

I'm also using them to help build sentences. Since he can't quite write the letters/words yet, the cards are laid out in a line to form a short sentence that he can sound out or pick up from memory. I also have a tabletop pocket chart from Smethport that they can fit into. These are used in addition to the level A and C set.

Here are the words included in this set:
after, again, always, an, any, around, as, ask, baby, ball, because, been, before, bell, best, both, brother, buy, by, call, children, cold, could, day, does, doll, don't, every, fast, father, first, five, fly, found, from, gave, give, goes, going, green, had, hand, has, head, her, him, his, how, its, jump, just, know, let, live, made, many, may, more, mother, number, off, old, once, open, or, orange, over, people, please, pull, purple, put, read, right, round, sing, sister, sit, sleep, some, stop, take, tell, thank, their, them, then, these, think, those, tree, upon, us, use, very, walk, warm, wash, way, were, when, which, why, wish, work, would, write, your
11 comment|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2012
I got this set for my son (as well as levels A and C) right before my son started kindergarten. It was nice to let him practice some of the easier sight words, and it really helped him as he started school. These flash cards are great as well, because they taught him words that are not pronounced phonetically as well as words that he began to see a lot as he started to read books. He enjoyed the "flash card" system, and even asked to work with them. Now, as he is in second grade, I still use the cards. This time, though, I use the cards to help him with spelling these words. He is an auditory learner and tends to try to write all words phonetically. By showing him these cards, I can let him see what the different words look like--and how they are not spelled as they are heard. My second son is starting kindergarten, and we have started to use the flash cards with him. I feel that we have gotten years of use out of these cards, especially since they are so durable. I know that they print words on both sides of the card to make the package less bulky, but I do wish , as another reviewer pointed out, that the words were only printed on one side so that I could put them in piles of "what my child knows" and "what my child doesn't know." Other than that, it is a wonderful educational product.
on October 25, 2011
I have all three sets of these flash cards. My 1st Grader is now very excited about reading as the flashcards are more like a game to her than an actual task. The cards are very durable. I wish I would have purchased these last year when she was in Kindergarten.
on April 28, 2016
I have purchased all three sets of these sight word flashcards. This is the same review I had left for Set-C Sight Words Level C Pocket Flash Cards, but the pictures in this review of this product, Set-B.

I homeschool my boys ages 7 and 6 and have been using Set-A of these successfully, however some sight words I needed to go over with them were not included in Set-A, so I went ahead and bought Set-B and Set-C. All of these sets are good quality cardstock with the words printed large and clearly on each card. These are easy for my boys to read, and I am able to pin these up on our sight words wall. These cards also good for sentence building and they fit into long row pocket charts. Each set of cards comes with an activity guide and a list of all of the words included in the set.

These are double sided, so there is the rare possibility of needing two words that happen to be on the same card which would obviously not be helpful in pinning up the card or placing it in a pocket chart...etc.

Otherwise, these are good quality, basic, no frills sight word flashcards that are an excellent resource and visual for memorization, sentence building, and pocket charts.

This product was a personal purchase for myself at the normal retail price. I am reviewing it solely because I want to share my experience with other potential customers. I have received no compensation for my review nor do I have any relationship with the seller or manufacturer of this product.
review image review image review image review image
on June 12, 2013
I use these with my kindergarten so that he can learn his sight words, I put holes in the corner and put them on leaf ring, they are great to take out while we are at the restaurant waiting for food or at doctor's office, anywhere we have a few minutes to go over them.
on July 6, 2015
I purchased two sets of these to make my son a sight words book for First Grade. He already knows his kindergarten sight words and he can read/sound out new words rather well, but I wanted to make a "harder" sight words book so he would feel super prepared for First Grade. Wouldn't you know, he already knew every word in this deck? We're so proud of him! I can't comment on how well these cards hold up with time and use because I stick them to paper that is then put into a page protector and then once I've used up both decks the protected pages go into a folder but these cards seem sturdy and are nicely printed- very vibrant colors and slightly slick like playing cards.
on May 30, 2015
These cards seem nice and solid, and have a variety of great words on them. They are just barely out of my son's league, who is just learning to read, but should be usable soon as he is learning quickly.

I like how they include one card with suggestions on how to use them. I look forward to the day I can whip these out and teach them to my son, who just turned 4 but is learning to read in preschool. I would definitely recommend this set, and this series, for anyone looking to practice sight words with their kid, or even for adults who are learning English. The pairing of the words and pictures would be great for English language learners.
on February 17, 2014
What is there not to love about flash cards - site words. But, I saw these in the Dollar Store for $1. Don't waste your money. It's more convenient to buy online. But, next time I will pay the Dollar Store a visit first or make my own flash cards...
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 3, 2014
I bought levels A, B, and C for my 93 year old mother that has dementia and aphasia. She is getting a number of supplements to help her brain to regrow and heal, but part of this process is to reteach her brain and to build new synaptic connections. Using this series of flash card on a daily basis has seemed to improve her speech. She is saying more words and phrases that we can understand. I reduced the stars to 4 only because it would be helpful to have a sentence using the word on one side instead of words on both sides of the cards.
on December 16, 2013
Typical continuation of sight word practice. The list is good. The cards are a bit on the flimsy side. The child they were purchased for LOVES to study words and is building his vocabulary rapidly at this point. I don't expect these to hold up for very long, but they are more than acceptable for the limited time I expect them to be used. If I had another child to use them with I would definitely consider laminating them for extra durability.