Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$9.99

on October 1, 2011
I was sent a complimentary copy of this DVD to review- and am SO glad that we got the chance to check it out!

So many kids videos drive me crazy- very annoying or repetitive songs, cheesy graphics, etc. But this DVD was great- I catch myself some days singing along while the kids are watching it :)

The youngest at 14 months loves to dance to the music, and I hope she's slowly picking up some of the concepts. The middle kiddo LOVES this, and it keeps him completely engaged throughout the entire DVD! He is a brand new Kindergartner, and has been struggling a bit. This video shows the words in context- which really helps him to grasp the meaning! It's already leading to some improvement in his skills at school!

Entertaining, educational, and fun! What more can you ask for, right?
on December 22, 2011
I purchased this video to use in my classroom. My student who has struggled the most to learn sight words went knowing 5 sight words to 17 in 5 days! When I asked her how she knew all these words, she replied, "Mrs.___, they are in the movie." This has been a very entertaining way to enhance our classroom literacy. This was definitely money well spent!
on December 20, 2011
I got this dvd for my 3-yr old, knowing he might be a bit young. When we popped in the dvd, he was so excited. He watched the video all the way through. Soon he was dancing around and signing along. This has become his favorite dvd, and he is well on his way to knowing all of the sight words. He even picks out a few of the words in our bedtime reading. I look forward to getting more Rock 'N Learn dvds, and we may try Letter Sounds next.
on January 3, 2013
This is an awesome video. This video teaches a lot of sight words and the songs are very catchy. My 2 year old and 3 year old can already read all of the sight words on this video because of this video. The graphics are great and the pronunciation is extremely clear. I have purchased many of the Rock N Learn videos and this is my favorite for young toddlers.
on October 18, 2014
My students have learned a lot of sight words from watching this video every week. I made a checklist of the vocabulary on my computer and printed copies so I could keep record of the words they learned. Also put words on flashcards and made a Rock 'N Learn game to provide a fun way to practice the words.
on November 28, 2011
My twin 2 year olds are enjoying this DVD and are already reading along after a couple of viewings. The graphics are bright and the music is better than most toddler DVDs on this subject.
on May 17, 2016
My kids enjoy this. I personally find it annoying. I cannot really say definitively whether or not it has improved their knowledge of sight words. Probably some. It is designed to be watched over and over again, but it's not something I'd want playing all the time. I'd probably buy the others for my children if they were considerably cheaper, but won't buy any more at the current price. Not worth it.

It does hold my kids attention and it does introduce several sight words. That's the objective, so despite my personal opinion, I'll give it 3 stars.
on January 18, 2016
I purchased this video as another tool to help my son with his reading. He reads pretty well for his age but I like to keep him sharp and try to use different tools for him so that he will not get bored with learning.

He asks to watch the video from time to time so that he can exercise his brain lol. I hear him singing some of the songs from the video which is a good way for him to remember his words.

Music and singing is an excellent way my son learns and retains what he has learned. I taught him how to spell his first and last name when he was young by making a song out of it and it worked. I also taught him how to spell words through songs. That is why this dvd is a hit for us.

This is a video that you have to use repeatedly for your child to learn just like other tools as well. We both have fun looking at this video and seeing who can remember the most words. Worth the purchase.
on September 12, 2012
When my kiddos saw that they had received a movie in the mail from Rock N Learn, they couldn't wait to watch it! Here's what my daughters said after the first time they watched it:

"It's called Rock 'N Learn cause you learn! WOW!"
"I like it because it's a fun way to learn to read."
"I liked both parts--writing the words and watching the movie--mostly because it had a kitty in it."

The bonus features on the DVD is also really great. This one came with a fun spelling lesson that my kids actually begged me to do for half an hour. If they're begging to do schoolwork, that's definitely a good sign! Pretty awesome! I'm one of those weird people who doesn't have Cable. We don't even have a TV in the living room. But I like being able to pop an educational DVD in the computer that will help my kiddos learn and keep them entertained at the same time, and I definitely recommend these ones! My daughters are already asking when we can get some more of them!
on August 31, 2013
I like the MEET THE SIGHT WORDS series and MEET THE PHONICS series better but these are pretty good. The MEET series also have flash cards and easy reader books to get to accompany the DVD's which is nice.