5.0 out of 5 stars Crisp, bright, holds zero
Owned two of these. Both are crisp (no ghosting), bright (very visible in bright sunlight), and hold zero (after several hundred rounds of 5.56mm high pressure rounds).
Published 23 months ago by Paul Avery

3.0 out of 5 stars It's works for me
Now I'm not saying it will be good for you BUT for the $$ its a good buy in my book. With that said you will have to do a modification to it if you want to use this sight or any other reflex optic for that matter ( regardless of the make ) in an outdoor setting. Within the battery compartment lays the voltage divider circuit board which limits the current supplied by the...
Published on July 27, 2012 by AJS

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sight, May 7, 2014
This review is from: Sightmark Ultra Shot Reflex Sight (Sports)
Ordered it to replace the reflex sight I had on my AR. The old sight was the same except it didn't have the protective metal casing and was subject to getting banged around. Now I don't have to worry about the sight getting banged around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, December 28, 2012
This review is from: Sightmark Ultra Shot Reflex Sight (Sports)
I was really surprised at how well built this sight is and how sharp and clear the reticles are, even in the bright desert sunlight, I could see the reticles with no problems whatsoever. I only use the 65 moa circle dot so I compared it with my Eotech XPS2 which also has a 65 moa circle dot. The Sightmark has a much clearer and sharper image compared to the Eotech, which cost 8 times as much. The only problem I had with the sight was that after 10 rounds of 308 the sight quit working, but I found the solution to the problem from another reviewer and after doing what he said the sight has not quit working...Here is what the person said to do to fix this problem..

"The circuit board is secured in with a brass ring that has two notches. This ring is the cause for so many complaints about the optic either not working or failing after several rounds. This ring, screws on the same threads as the batterycap and must be securely tightened as it is the contact point for the common leg of the voltage divider board. When it backs off ( loosens ) it fails to make contact and the sight doesn't work. This is very easily solved by simply snugging the ring up with a small flat-head screwdriver, but be carful not to torque it too much as the ring is compressing the circuit board to the knob. A little lock tight in the thread will prevent this retaining ring from ever backing off again."

5.0 out of 5 stars HANDLES MOSSBERG 500 RECOIL, September 2, 2014
This review is from: Sightmark Ultra Shot Reflex Sight (Sports)
I bought this sightmark on ebay (cheaper price and had a 40.00 ebay coupon) and have not regretted the purchase. I installed this on a Mossberg 500 12 gauge shotgun. The user manual states that it will handle recoil up to .50 caliber. I fired Remington 2 3/4" slugs and it had no problem with the recoil and keeps zero shot after shot. I do not know if it maintains zero if you change from one reticle to another, I picked one and stayed with that one. The 1st setting is good for low light conditions, 3rd or 4th setting is good for mid day shooting. Battery life seems to be good, just remember to turn power knob to the "0" position when not using.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Sight for the Money, August 18, 2014
This review is from: Sightmark Ultra Shot Reflex Sight (Sports)
needed very little adjustment...nice and bright...holds accuracy

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good at all!, March 23, 2014
This review is from: Sightmark Ultra Shot Reflex Sight (Sports)
If you are looking for an item that works in the daylight this is not it! I purchased this item around December but did not take it out to shoot until yesterday, if I would have tried it out sooner it would be sent back. I am a veteran and served as an Infantry Platoon Sergeant so when it comes to optics from weapons I am no stranger. If you are using this indoors or for toy guns, go for it.... For real service weapons I would avoid this.

4.0 out of 5 stars I was spoiled, June 1, 2013
This review is from: Sightmark Ultra Shot Reflex Sight (Sports)
I bought the same sight only with the push button on off and dimmer control along with a quick release. I believe this soured me somewhat towards this. For the price and quality it`s great but if you can afford the extra money spring for the quick release with the push button.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sightmark Ultra Shot Base Model, July 31, 2014
This review is from: Sightmark Ultra Shot Reflex Sight (Sports)
Mounted this sight on a GSG-5, so i'm sure I won't have any recoil issues like other reviewers had. This sight is made almost entirely out of aluminum, not plastic. For the price of this sight $65; I couldnt be happier. Reticle is bright and sharp. I plan on purchasing a higher end Sightmark for my 556 platform. We'll see how this 'base' model holds up. With a lifetime warranty I'm sure it wont disappoint!

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, July 5, 2014
This review is from: Sightmark Ultra Shot Reflex Sight (Sports)
07.05.14-First impression is that this is not going to hold up in the field. I would feel much better if this was made with more aluminum and less plastic. Time will tell just how durable this optic is. The sight picture is clear, and the reticle is crisp. As far as issues of ghosting or a blurry reticle I have no complaint. Other reviewers have complained about this, I found nothing wrong. If you look at the reticle and not the target than yes, your reticle is going to be blurry. Keep both eyes open and focus on your target, not the red dot and the sight picture is crystal clear.

Sightmark describes this optic as parallax free, but that's not the case. There is definitely some parallax issues with this optic. However, its not to the point where it makes the optic unusable. I just attached this to a 12 GA. Mossberg 500, and I'm heading out to shoot it this afternoon. It was easy to dial this in with a laser boresighter. Keep in mind that if you want the reticle to move to the left then turn the adjustment in the direction it indicates as right and the same for elevation, down is up etc.
I will update this review after I shoot.

07.05.14 later the same day-after shooting two boxes of slugs, this sight held zero and was easy to see in broad daylight. So far I am happy with this sight.
As I use it more, I will update my review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it., July 2, 2014
Kris McDonald (Saugus, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sightmark Ultra Shot Reflex Sight (Sports)
Good little optic for the money. Now how long it will hold its zero...now that's another question.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sight!, July 2, 2014
This review is from: Sightmark Ultra Shot Reflex Sight (Sports)
I bought this sight for my WW AR-15 and I love it. Definitely worth the price!

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›