5.0 out of 5 stars Best for the money
Published on January 22, 2011 by Steve H.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not correct for any caliber.
Published on February 21, 2010 by Hornet

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best for the money, January 22, 2011
This review is from: Sightmark Universal Bore Sight (Red) (Automotive)
This is the second boresighter I have purchased. The first was the Bushnell which had bushings that fit inside of the barrel. I found it not to be accurate or repeatable, and was poorly boresighted. I returned it for a refund. The Sightmark was very easy to use, very repeatable, and a pleasure to use. The only weakness, which is common with all red laser units, is you have to use it in subdued light. I do not find this to be a real problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not correct for any caliber., February 21, 2010
This review is from: Sightmark Universal Bore Sight (Red) (Automotive)
I own another type of boresighter but wanted one with a laser. I tried it on my own guns and several in the store where I work. It was not near center with any of them. Also, when the sighter is turned, the aim point changes. Each gun that I fired after boresighting wasn't even on the target. When I sighted them by firing and rechecked with the laser, not even close! I contacted the company about the guarantee and received no reply. Don't waste your money like I did. A sighter which is inserted into the barrel is probably better and can be used with aluminum barrels. All this one is good for is entertaining the cat.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 out of 5, February 23, 2012
This review is from: Sightmark Universal Bore Sight (Red) (Automotive)
If you're just looking to get in the ballpark this will get you there. The magnet on the end is strong and easy to swap on and off of guns, which makes it great at the range with buddies. Inside the laser seemed bright but in the sun it seemed to lose its punch. I used it with rifles and pistols, iron sights and scopes, .22, 9mm, .45, and 7.62 and it worked on everything I put it on. The only down side is that since it sticks to the tip and doesn't go down the barrel, I feel it's not as accurate as it could be.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sightmark Universal Bore Sight (Red), January 2, 2012
Chris L. Adams "avyctes" (Princeton, WV United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sightmark Universal Bore Sight (Red) (Automotive)
I purchased this laser bore sight for my Dad for his birthday and for my wife's father for Christmas.

It is a very bright laser and very easy to use. The only thing I would have to say is a strike against it is you have to eye ball it's location on the end of the barrel using concentric rings they have on the magnet. Doing this and putting on the end of a couple of firearms that we knew were ready sighted in accurately yielded some results that would almost make you grab your screwdriver and start adjusting the scope. I'm not sure if it's a factor of it not sitting on the end of the barrel exactly plumb or if we had it 'off' a tad because there is no mechanical 'center finder' on the device. I believe it would be Ok to 'get you on paper', but that's about it. You certainly would still have to expend several shots in my opinion to complete the zeroing of your scope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well on any firearm., October 25, 2013
This review is from: Sightmark Universal Bore Sight (Red) (Automotive)
I give this bore sighter 5 stars. I have used it to sight in rifles and pistols; it gets me close enough to center to make final sight or scope adjustments easy.

Pros;
1. Very bright laser. visible for 50 yards in daylight. (No kidding).
2. Clamps magnetically onto any firearm with a steel barrel crown.
3. Easy to use.
4. Accurate enough to get you on target close enough to adjust sights and/or optics.
It Worked as well as a couple of bullet shaped internal laser bore sighters I used in the past.
5. Inexpensive because you don't need a separate bore sighter for each caliber or firearm.

Cons;
1.It must be centered properly when clamped magnetically to the barrel end. Rotating it after clamping as it shines on a close target while lining it up with the sights or optics helps to center it properly.
2. It has a crosspin switch which could be inadvertently turned on in it's nylon case draining the batteries.
3. Uses 3 watch cell batteries.

Conclusion: Great product, highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, May 9, 2011
This review is from: Sightmark Universal Bore Sight (Red) (Automotive)
Pro: Works like it should, easy to use, and uses a common battery.

Cons: Wish I knew that this did not have a "stinger" to go into the bore of the barrel. It is easy to bump the unit and have it no longer concentric with the gun barrel. It also relies on the used to accurately position the bore scope on the barrel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, November 12, 2013
This review is from: Sightmark Universal Bore Sight (Red) (Automotive)
I tried this bore sighter over the traditional in bore type and found it fairly decent. It will definitely get you on paper at the range with its decently powered laser. As far as the centering issue is concerned, the concentric rings will assist in ensuring it is centered properly. For those who are still not comfortable with centering using the concentric rings on the magnetic base, sight mark makes a model with a center arbor to build up your confidence regarding centering. For the price this sighter is not bad. As I said earlier it will definitely get you on paper at the range.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is OK, June 22, 2013
This review is from: Sightmark Universal Bore Sight (Red) (Automotive)
The Sightmark Universal Bore Sight is a good product for guns that have a flat front like a Glock. It does the trick in sighting in your laser. This product does not work well for revolvers with a beveled front, like a Taurus, or semi-autos like a Ruger LC9. I made it work by cutting off a screwdriver and sliding it into the barrel. Then I attached the magnetic Sightmark to the screwdriver and it worked. The company should make some sort of insert or adapter for guns that have beveled or rounded fronts. This is a decent product.

2.0 out of 5 stars The bore sight moves after attaching to barrel, June 12, 2012
This review is from: Sightmark Universal Bore Sight (Red) (Automotive)
the bore sight moves after magnetically attaching to the barrel which causes major errors with sighting the rifle or handgun. Simplest complaint and the one that kills the use of the "tool" for your weapon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good and a Very Clever Attachment to Rifle, August 22, 2014
This review is from: Sightmark Universal Bore Sight (Red) (Automotive)
Owned another that inserts into the barrel, but the little plastic adapter sleeves were lost, so I decided to try this. It attaches very cleverly. The base is a powerful, flat magnet. If the muzzle of your firearm is flat, the boresight will attach accurately. I used the device with a fixed rifle stand and a laser target about 50 ft. away, trying it with two rifles zeroed in by firing at the outdoor range that day. Both thus had adjusted, accurate sights. One rifle had a telescopic scope, the other iron sights. The laser dot from this device aligned well with the iron sight rifle, but not the scoped rifle. I cannot account for this. Still, I believe it will be OK on the range in terms of getting the shooter "on the paper." Pro's and cons:

1. No instructions for use, and not everything is obvious about this device. This is enough to lose two stars.
2. Inserting the batteries is easy - if you know the secret! And it is a secret. The battery cover is stamped "PUSH" with a down arrow. Wrong. This does not work at all and you could destroy the device trying to do this. Instead, you pry the little cover out with your fingernail and the batteries then load easily. This is really stupid - no instructions with the device, nor on the Sightmark website, and bad, destructive instructions stamped on the cover.
3. Good news: I e-mailed this problem to Sightmark, and Sightmark QC e-mailed me the solution within about 2 min.! Never seen that before with any customer or tech support function. Impressive.
3. When using the borescope, rotating it or shifting its placement on the muzzle did not change the laser dot placement on the paper target. This is good, because it means that variation will not be a problem.
4. It is inexpensive, and based on my preliminary testing, if zeroed at home, will then suffice for gross placement of the bullet somewhere "on paper" if first tried at the range at 25 or 50 yds. I would not go to the range and start shooting at 100 yds.; I doubt that this device is accurate enough for that.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Sightmark Universal Bore Sight (Red)
$41.99 $27.19