5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Filter, good price!
This filter has excellent performance, practically no distortion in my photographs and it protects my lens very well.
If you are looking for a filter, don't go with the cheap options, get one that will garantee not only to give protection, but that also has a good glass and it's multicoated.

I've tried original Sony's and the cheap filter kits from...
Published on September 20, 2009 by Carlos Trejos

2.0 out of 5 stars Not needed
Does its job, but I never use it, because of glare artifacts and the fact that the lens already has a protective cover.
Published 12 months ago by Jason T. Dameron

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Filter, good price!, September 20, 2009
This review is from: Sigma 62mm Multi-Coated UV Filter (Electronics)

I've tried original Sony's and the cheap filter kits from Amazon.com, I would not by anything but Sigma Multicoated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than other 3rd party makers, December 8, 2010
This review is from: Sigma 62mm Multi-Coated UV Filter (Electronics)
I actually own 4 other companies that make the exact same product, next to canon and sigma and a hand full of others, this is far the better ones and for the asking price. No Ghosting, aberrations, etc... thus far, only had this for a year. But I have used it in nearly all aspects of lighting and shooting. Definitely get a multi coated lens, you will notice the difference, perhaps in focusing (auto) or white balance... Rarely the case. but do the little things like getting a above average lens to help your shots.

5.0 out of 5 stars sigma 62mm UV filter, March 19, 2009
This review is from: Sigma 62mm Multi-Coated UV Filter (Electronics)
I use this sigma filter mainly for protecting my lense, and it doesn't affect the picture quality at all, which is great. Highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, but not as necessary as you would think, April 17, 2013
This review is from: Sigma 62mm Multi-Coated UV Filter (Electronics)
The Filter is fine and clear. I bought this before I did any real research and made a rookie photographer mistake. Since this filter is for a lens on a DSLR camera, which is already UV resistant This filter really is redundant and just adds an extra piece of glass to the front element. There is really no protective value for the lens and in many outdoor lighting situations you may be adding reflections or halos to your shots. If you want to protect the lens, get and properly fit a lens hood, which adds a little protection. But these filters aren't really necessary for DSLR lenses....They were originally designed for film camera lenses to begin with and turned into a marketing tool for the newer cameras.
Have a look at some of my research and decide for yourself:
[...]
and
[...]
In all the filter is fine, I just wouldn't buy any more for what I need.

(Well apparently Amazon took out my links, so have a look at DPreview dot com and look for article #8049091537)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good protective filter, January 25, 2009
E. Welker (Maryland, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sigma 62mm Multi-Coated UV Filter (Electronics)
This multi-coated UV filter is great for a protective filter. The multi-coated aspect makes it a little more expensive but I like them far better than the cheap glass of a single or non-coated version. I think it's worth the extra money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality filter, March 28, 2008
D. Van Hove (Fairbanks, Ak. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sigma 62mm Multi-Coated UV Filter (Electronics)
Filter appears to be as advertised. It fit well to the threads on the camera lens and is distortion free. External threads are sufficient to allow the lens cap to grip securely.

5.0 out of 5 stars I got what I wanted..., January 29, 2006
This review is from: Sigma 62mm Multi-Coated UV Filter (Electronics)
I wanted lense protection at a very low price. I can't see any difference in my digital pictures betwen filtered and unfiltered, using this filter. Now, if I get dirt on the filter, or a scratch, or whatever... I can just dump the filter and buy another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems as good as B+W and looks better on Sigma lenses, June 7, 2012
This review is from: Sigma 62mm Multi-Coated UV Filter (Electronics)
I normally use B+W filters but I was trying to find something a bit cheaper for my Sigma 30mm F1.4 lens. So I bought this one.
It seems to perform as well and looks nicer on the lens because of the same matte black material used for the ring. Like B+W filters it is also easier to clean than the one Hoya Pro filter that I have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny!, October 3, 2013
This review is from: Sigma 62mm Multi-Coated UV Filter (Electronics)
I have 3 of these 52mm, 58mm, and 62mm. That should say enough about the quality of this product. The quality of glass and coating is splendid and I couldn't tell any difference between the images taken with and without the filter. I'm not a pro by any means but these filters are value for money and give your lenses an extra bit of protection. I have mine snapped on the lenses all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, no distortion, multi-coated. Clear win!, May 27, 2012
Jason G "JG" (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sigma 62mm Multi-Coated UV Filter (Electronics)
This was purchased to accompany the Tamron 18-200mm zoom lens I got for my wife's Pentax K series DSLR a couple christmases ago.

We only buy multi-coated lenses, because UV coated lenses tend to distort a little.

This one is great, Sigma does a good job. No distortion, low price... no complaints!

Sigma 62mm Multi-Coated UV Filter