Sigma 70-200 2.8 HSM II vs Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr Hello fellow shooters, I'm in a dilema and your help. I need a fast zoom for indoor events and maybe weddings. I've narrowed down my search to these two.Is the Nikon's quality really worth the extra $1,000-$1,500. I can afford both, but the nikon will take and extra 3 months of saving. All help and advice is highly appreciated, thanks.
asked by Vernon A. Harley Jr. on October 13, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 answers
A
I am in the same boat, I have made my choice to purchase the Nikon. There are a couple of reason for this first, The Construction solid, It's sealed or weather proof, next the Nikon locks on in dim areas better then the sigma (Seen on youtube compression) and I own two sigma lens the 50 f/1.4 and the 150-500 and at times they hunt which the 150-500 seems to do more then the 50. I am ok with that because I am not yet a professional, but if your going to shoot a wedding and get paid then you'll need the best. Just my thoughts. I know I could buy the 70-200 f2.8, 24-70 f/2.8 simga for the same price as this nikon, but I am not sure I would be happy in the long run. I heard it put this way it like a BMW (sigma) vs the Rolls Royce (nikon).
Jack Davis answered on November 13, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product