Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sigma EX DG 82mm Multi-Coated UV Filter
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 29, 2012
I've used B&W, Tiffen, Hoya, and I can say that Sigma filters are far superior by a long shot! Whenever I need a filter I look on Amazon for a Sigma filter. It's so crystal clear, easy to clean, and it looks just like the front element itself. No ghosting with these filters. I also think that they are moderately priced. Yes they aren't as cheap as the Tiffen's, but they are less and better than the Hoya's and B&W's. By far my favorite filters!
on April 29, 2013
I have used various filters in the past and I find the Sigma EX DG filters to be a great deal and of excellent quality.

I use Sigma EX DG multi-coated UV filters on all my lenses. I try to take good care of my filters and lenses so I have not yet seen any scratches on these filters but they do have a multi-coated glass to help prevent that. They do help keep my good lenses free of contaminants on the front element. I tend to not use lens hoods so I feel I have a little protection having these filters on to prevent damage to my front elements.

This is the one item I include with every new lens I purchase. I usually follow this up with a Marumi DHG Super Circular Polarizer CPL as I find they are the best polarizer for the money.

I highly recommend these filters and I suggest you DO NOT go and pick up the cheap Rocketfish filters from Best Buy for example, they are a waste of money. Why put cheap glass on an expensive lens? SIGMA FILTERS ARE OF EXCELLENT QUALITY.
on September 7, 2011
The Sigma EX DG 82mm MC filter works as it should, though I should emphasize that I haven't compared this to any other filter. It seems like it does what it needs to do - protect the lens while not adding unwanted aberration or artifacts. It's living on a Sigma 10-20mm zoom and seems quite happy there. I ordered a cheap 82mm filter at the same time as this one so I'd have a quick back-up in the event this becomes unusable at some point. Maybe I'll set up a test and see if I notice a side-by-side difference. I hope so since the Sigma filter was about $30 more!
on March 28, 2014
I find them to be comparable to the multi-coated F-Pro filters from B&W, but at a much better price. I use them primarily for lens protection. It's now between those and the Hoya Pro1 MC Protector filters whenever I need a new one, making the ultimate decision based on lower price.
on October 3, 2013
The filter is well-made and appears to be of very high quality. It is certainly a great companion piece with the 24-70 Sigma lens. If you are willing to spend hundreds of dollars for a quality lens then spend a few extra dollars for a quality filter
on November 20, 2013
High quality filter for a good price. Sigma makes pretty decent stuff. This filter was bought in order to help protect my lens from scratches and dings while not impacting the overall light coming in. Works rather well.
on July 5, 2013
Upon reviewing numerous 82mm UV filters, this seemed best to me. From uncoated cheap-o filters for simple lens protection (and attendant distortion) to "pro-grade" filters (where's the price/quality ledge...?), I chose this one. Fits, works. Good service/delivery.
on October 18, 2013
Don't notice any affect on images...
I tend to avoid using it when i'm indoors and in a controlled environment...but it works great at the beach and other environments where sand and debri might hit your lens element.
on November 1, 2012
This is a great 82mm UV filter -- I got it for my 24-70 Sigma lens, and it works beautifully -- Before this, I had a cheaper Tiffen UV haze filter for this lens which would have lots of flare, and which caused weird anomalies in photos often making them MORE hazy...Sigma is a great brand, and their equipment just plain old works. This is a very good filter.
on January 13, 2013
I own three Sigma lenses. Love them all, but the 24-70 needs an 82mm filter and I usually use Marumi. Have not been able to find one, figured I would go with the Sigma to protect my front element (around kids a lot). Works wonderfully and a good pairing with the Sigma 24-70.