Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale
Will this Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM work in auto-focus with a D40x? Can't find comtability info anywhere.
asked by Smitty on September 9, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
Yes it will. HSM is the same as AF-S for Nikon brand lenses. HSM and AF-S lenses do not require the in-body autofocus motor that the D40X does not have.
BT answered on October 6, 2008
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I agree with S. Mason. This is similar to the Sigma 30mm 1.4 HSM, which is widely touted to work on Nikon D40/D40x/D60.

But if you can wait until December 2008, Nikon will release its version -- a 50mm 1.4 AF-S prime -- for less than the Sigma 50mm HSM!
Tim Tim answered on October 10, 2008
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Has the lens you mentioned been released?
Bill answered on December 28, 2008

A
Yes, the Nikon 50mm AF-S f1.4G has been released and is available at many retailers. In fact, some have already sold out of the first shipments.
BT answered on December 28, 2008

A
Pardon my asking, but is it different than the lens I am asking about?

A
Sorry, I guess I should have asked for clarification. When you asked if the "lens you mentioned" had been release, there had been 3 lenses metioned... the Sigma 50, the Sigma 30, and the Nikon 50. So... which lens are you asking about? Only the Nikon 50 is a recent release... the other two have been out for a while, which is why I assumed the Nikon was what you were asking about.

A
I probably wasn't clear....it seems that there was a new 50mm lens put out by Nikon
# 2180 AF-S Nikkor 50mmf/1.4G which I think replaces the slightly older one.

A

A
Thank you. Do you have any fotos posted on flickr, etc where you used this lens? I ned to check out both the slightly older AFS lens and this one to make sure I don't get them confused...I can do that easily.

A
No, sorry. The only things I have online are in secured customer areas.
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product