Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 70 questions
votes
The Sigma 50mm f/1,4, as sent from the factory, comes with both caps, a generous hood and a sturdy cubic, or virtually cubic, lens case. IMHO, this lens is excellent value for the money and performs exceptionally well. I own one of these lenses and would recommend this lens to a close friend. Good shooting!
Jul 11, 2014 by N. Wilson
vote
I had a Nikon 50mm 1.8 and my nephew had a Canon 50mm 1.8, and we both got these and love them. Be both have noticed a difference.
Oct 11, 2013 by Scott D. Welch
vote
Sigma, 1) Like the build and larger glass, 2) Sharp!, 3) Great focus, 4) Delivers like a lens that should cost double than the price.
Apr 15, 2014 by Movielighter
vote
Any EF mount camera, so yes. Wouldn't recommend this lens though.
May 27, 2013 by Charon
votes
If you are talking about the formal shots of the couple and parents, etc. then yes. I hope you also have a decent normal zoom lens for the walk around and reception as well. But the Sigma will yield clean, accurate, sharp images for both full frame and APS-C. Your D5000 has a crop sensor so the Sigma will perform as a long focal length portrait style lens. If the light is good (garden settings and the like) you'll be able to take advantage of the aperture range you have available to capture desired in-focus (depth of field) elements of your photographs. Slower lenses wouldn't offer that flexible range like a f/1.4 lens can. Watch your DOF and be sure of your shutter speed since you don't have IS (if light levels are low). I'd say "Go for it!".
Jul 29, 2013 by Patrick Hogan
votes
Have had my Sigma 50 for a year (w/a Nikon mount) and to date it has not failed yet. There are times when I prefer manual, but the AF hasn't failed.
Nov 28, 2013 by Jay
votes
I had heard about the focus problems but we have had no problems with it what so ever. At wide open apertures, the depth of field is extremely tight, so I am guessing that some people who have less photographic experience were the ones complaining, because even at those apertures we are producing tack sharp images, on auto-focus or in manual on our Canon cameras, a T5i and a 60D. Sigma has released an updated version of the 50mm in their new "Art" lineup, so if you still have concerns, save up for that one. I've played with it at our local camera store and it is beautiful!
Dec 19, 2014 by John Hearne
votes
It seems the art lens has higher quality optics which give better contrast and sharper images, although to the average photographer the difference would be slight. The Sigma 50mm 1.4 for $400 works great, and I have no complaints at all.
Dec 31, 2014 by Kevin
votes
Yes
Nov 26, 2014 by Chuck T
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers