Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 7, 2011
Yes Virginia, there is a book out there about spirituality and the esoteric that doesn't have you bleeding from the eyes by the second chapter: this one (provided you skip the introduction, which could put you off completely with its purple prose, obfuscating jargon, and a hilarious impenetrability: a stark contrast to what it's introducing).

In this humble little tome, Robert Sardello takes us on a gentle journey into authentic spiritual practice. In nine simple chapters (interlaced with lightly poetic commentaries by his partner Cheryl), Robert edges us step by step into a deeper relationship with that which can fill the heart of us... you... the world... if we're willing to accept it's not "in" us because we're in... on... surrounded by... it! :)

What sets this book apart from so many is the precision of the prose in describing spiritual phenomena. Robert really understands them and has a deftly sound take on what lies beneath them. His approach is informed by the big traditions but is strictly non-denominational. It embraces the psychological without eschewing the spiritual. He uses apt words like "Silence" that resonate with the soul and spirit but don't obscure the meaning. In short, Robert clearly gets it and makes it easy for you to do likewise, if you're open to this stuff.

I'd be very surprised if genuine seekers of Truthful experience weren't inspired and filled with joy by what this book has to offer, as I was... am... are...
on June 8, 2010
Each time I open this book I relax and receive more unspeakable beauty. I am so thankful for this awareness and ode to something so precious and threatened as silence. As we awaken to the unimaginable cost of the industrial and technical ages and our disconnection from nature, both inner and outer, we may return to the silence that redeems us and stop seeking outside ourselves for the great missing piece.

Thank you, Robert and Cheryl for remembering. I am experiencing deep recognition of truth.
on August 31, 2012
While there is a lot of talking around the substance of how to practice the principles in this book, when you get to a practical exercise, the purpose of this book comes into focus. So many spiritual books talk in flowery language only, about platonic principles of Love and Soul, and it is left to the reader to decipher what that means and how to use it. This book goes a step farther to challenge the reader to examine their real world desires and intentions and suggests that it is only possible if one is silent. I also enjoyed the idea that silence is a constant companion and can actually be comforting. I know that I will reread this book again and again to peel the layers and discover new ideas.
on April 3, 2013
Read this book and you'll never think of silence in the same way again! Silence is not just the absence of sound, but rather the "sprirt" that pervades, surrounds and carresses us every moment of our lives. The amazing part of this book is that it contains exercises to enhance your perception of silence and lead you into nonduality. Imagine that--exercises that lead you to nonduality! I've been on a quest for "spiritual enlightenment" in my life for some time now, and this book, perhaps more than any other has helped me to grow spiritually. Mind you, this is not light reading. The text is dense and each sentence provides opportunity for reflection and growth. But you will be rewarded with insight about silence and meditation that is profound and enlightenng. I highly recommend this book!
on October 2, 2013
I didn't understand silence before. I went into retreat wanting an outcome, always with an agenda, I think. Now I understand what Silence is and how much better to approach it, with no agenda, how to welcome it and invite it into my life.

The Title of the book, Silence: The Mystery of Wholeness is true. If our goal as human beings is to be whole, then allowing the Silence to enter and permeate our lives is truly a mystery as how wholeness comes out of it. You begin to feel at one with who you are, who God is, who you are in the Universe and feel truly at one with it.

I had no idea such wholeness can come out of silence. I thought you had to pray and pray all the time with words and ask and ask and ask, but with silence wholeness comes naturally and you are part of the healing process of the universe.

Thank you Robert Sardello for writing this important book and Richard Rohr for referring to it as something very important to read in "The Immortal Diamond: Finding your True Self".
on January 1, 2014
Amongst the most helpful and enlightening books I've read in years. Sardello's writing is deep, and fortunately somewhat repetitive. He introduces concepts that are fresh, and I welcomed the subtle repetition in order that I was able to let the newness of his concepts settle in. I'm practicing one of the few and simple and helpful practices he suggest in the book.
on July 25, 2013
I found this work challenging. It is a deep reflection of an awareness found in a number of reflective spiritual paths but shows a sensitivity to the profundity of the pursuit which makes it hard to put down. I found myself challenged.
on September 11, 2013
This book is an exquisite introduction to a contemplative practice of silence, so deeply needed in our world. It is not really a "how to" book but rather an invitation into an experience of guiding one into the actual practice and tasting of the state of presence that only comes when we cease listening to the constant noise that distracts us from what is. I recommend it highly for anyone who has lost a sense of how to pray and yet longs for that realm within them where there is a space of freedom and presence. Fabulous book!!
on January 25, 2014
For someone of Robert Sardello's background to speak of silence with such fullness, wholeness, is indeed a bit mind blowing.
His experiences seem genuine, and important as he delves this realm of the invisible, silent realm. It seems to take 'contemplative meditation' to the depths.
on November 5, 2014
The subtleties of this book are hard to describe. If you are in the right place in your spiritual walk to deal with Sacred Silence, then reading just the introduction will be an experience you don't soon forget. Though a "small" book, you will ***not*** finish it quickly. Perhaps once or twice in your lifetime (if you're lucky) you will come across a treasure such as this. May it be as much a blessing to you, as it has been to me.