Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Price:$70.30+ $4.67 shipping

VINE VOICEon November 15, 2008
Silencer® Cough Silencer

This unit has had a considerable field test, with use in 4 border watches and many night operations.

The user has a moderate case of asthma which is aggravated by damp, cold night air and in cases where night stealth is required, this tool is a must.

It is hard for the user to evaluate a product like this, because, as the directions on the back of the package indicates, the user cannot hear any difference in the volume of his own cough. To you, it will sound as loud as coughing without it. But that is hardly the case.

In evaluating the unit, others are enlisted, and all will say the cough is greatly muffled, probably heard no more that 20 feet. But even then, the sound is greatly changed, and the inexperience ear would not be sure what he heard, assuming of course, he even heard it.

The operator soon learns some additional techniques to muffle the cough even further. Hanging the unit on your neck, the uniform jacket is opened and the cough is further muffled underneath the jacket. Additionally, the operator soon learns how to "throw" the cough into the unit, which affords additional suppression.

The unit can be disassembled for washing, and the cotton baffles dried out. When needed, the cotton baffles can be replaced by a package of larger cotton balls, re-formed around the muffler portion.

Overall, I rate this product 4.5 Stars. If cough suppression for stealth is what you need, don't go into the bush without one of these.

Rossi
on March 15, 2013
I bought the Cough Silencer for my 7 year old son, who seems to instantly develop an acute cough every time we go hunting. It does a great job of muffling the sound of his cough, and he thinks its cool too, so that's a bonus. It won't make coughs silent, but it does greatly reduce the noise.
on January 14, 2013
Keeping quiet when deer hunting is crucial if you want to take the meat home. The Silencer helps me to do just that, even when I have a cough or cold. I have been able to stay in the tree and harvest my quarry despite a nagging cough that surely would have given away my location! A total thumbs up for Silencer!!
on October 17, 2012
Being a skeptic at heart I was pleasantly surpised to find this little device does what the advertising says it will do. As a lifelong smoker, one of the problems I have while hunting is unexpected coughing. The Cough silencer will completely silence all but the deepest cough. A week or so after receiving it I took a 15 point buck that scored 176-4/8 from 15 yards with my bow. During that 2 hour sit in my stand I used the Cough Silencer a number of times. I'm not saying that it brought that buck in, but I will say it helped in not scaring it off.
on March 15, 2013
Love this product. I have asthma, and the occasional cough that is no big deal in the office is a death sentence in a tree stand or duck blind.

I hunted with this product last year when I had a chest cold, and it was a godsend. Not only did it quiet my hacking cough, but after the hunt was done, it broke down quickly and cleaned easily with soap and water, so I wouldn't get sick again when I used it the next time. The inside of silencer is a muffler design that uses plain old cotton balls, and those are cheap and easy to replace as well.

A very well thought-out and functional piece of hunting gear, and one that I can't do without. Not only would I buy this again, it's one I am proud to recommend to anyone who thinks they may need one, even to complete strangers.
on January 17, 2014
Works very well, the only thing I can say as far as a con. The retaining cover fell off, and I couldn't find it. I guess I have to make one.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2012
Works as good as they say maybe better. I would recommend for anybody with a cough. Watch the video online it really does work just as it shows with the deer standing there as you cough and your silencer Really does harsh Your cough I would guss 98%.
on October 2, 2013
I thought this would silence my cough, but it just muffles it some what. The mouth piece is to small to really hold your mouth tight on it so you cough through your mouth and nose both. I was disappointed, but if you can catch the cough before it is a big one your OK.

I don't think I would recommend it to any of my friends.
on July 15, 2015
it works
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2012
It appears to work correctly... Shhh... Im hunting wrabbit. It was easy to figure out, thank goodness because the insturctions were lacking.