5.0 out of 5 stars Get 'em., October 30, 2008
This review is from: Silent Partner Earplugs, Orange (Misc.)
What can I say? I've used many types and these work best for my sensitive ears. I sat about five feet from the stage in a small club recently listening to Johnny Winter and these plugs made that possible.Without them, I'd have left.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Your Music; Love Your Ears, June 27, 2011
This review is from: Silent Partner Earplugs, Orange (Misc.)
In a live concert setting, the sheer volume being put out by the sound systems often "overdrives" the human eardrum. That is to say, the sound waves being created by the speakers exceed what your eardrums are capable of accurately replicating. At worst, this can cause permanent damage to the delicate parts of your ears. At best, it means that the quality of the sound you are hearing is degraded for it being so loud. With modern day concert tickets topping $150 a seat, you deserve to actually HEAR good sound; not to pay through the nose to have your ears thrashed.

I wore a pair of these Silencio earplugs to a rock concert this weekend, and was very pleased. This product attenuated the whole sound spectrum; "turning down the volume" to a very comfortable level. The result was that ALL of the piercing, hissing, high-end static that results from your eardrums being taxed beyond their limits was GONE. With the ear plugs on, I could CLEARLY hear every word of the lyrics, every fingering on the guitar and bass, and every beat of the drums; I actually got BETTER audio quality with them than without them. And I DID sit through the first three or four songs without these earplugs on, just for comparison. Without them, that hissing, high-end static was partially masking the guitar, and the lyrics, degrading the audio quality I was experiencing; I enjoyed the sound quality MUCH more with the ear plugs in.

I give these ear plugs five stars on a performance for the money basis. There are audiophile earplugs out there that perform better, but they also run $85 and up. So, they perform better, but you'd pay way more, too. I think you'll be very pleased with the results you get for the $5 you spend on these. If you go to a few shows, and find that you want better sound than these are giving you, then you might want to consider spending $100-$200 to get a custom-fitted pair of audiophile ear plugs made.

But if you love music, and you love to hear it live, start improving your audio experience with a pair of these. When you're 63, and your grandson climbs up in your lap to tell you all about his game-winning home run, you'll be glad you did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Silence is golden, April 9, 2010
Kat_Me (San Diego CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silent Partner Earplugs, Orange (Misc.)
These are the ONLY earplugs that I have bought that WORK!Orginally I got them at a gun shop but then they would run out. Found them on-line. They are comfortable, easy to use and last a long time. Great for tuning out other apt. noises from other tenants and allowing yourself some SLEEP.

Silent Partner Earplugs, Orange