5.0 out of 5 stars every morning and night, November 11, 2010
This review is from: Silent Movies (Dig) (Audio CD)
every morning and night I've been listening to this record. Sometimes while reading, sometimes while sitting right up to the stereo and listening to all the beautiful subtleties of his phrasing. The record has a decidedly elegiac tone. In someways I expected more humor from a release titled Silent Movies, but I couldn't be happier with this record. It may be a touch more accessible than Saints although Saints has a lot of variation and is a masterpiece. This is a more brooding and hypnotic and romantic record. Ribot's brand of romanticism is not tender in the way that some like Nike Drake or Brad Mehldau can be, but is fiery and passionate in the way that Miles' playing or a Picasso painting can evoke.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another intriguing recording, February 12, 2011
This review is from: Silent Movies (Dig) (Audio CD)
When you are sitting in the dark beside a fireplace, holding a mug of ale, and thinking about plot elements for a novel, this album is what you want to be listening to. I could trot out the usual adjectives, but I'm not. You will recall them, too, while you are listing to "Silent Movies."

Marc Ribot keeps popping up on all sorts of intriguing recordings, and he has made another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Silent Movies is amazing!, March 21, 2012
This review is from: Silent Movies (Dig) (Audio CD)
I love this record! Amazing, spooky, haunting, intimate solo works by the legend Marc Ribot. I am really pleased that people put out records this good amidst the sea of commonplace work. I applaud the artist, as well as the producer,and the label for doing this. It's not wasted on me.

5.0 out of 5 stars An unarguable masterpiece, September 1, 2011
This review is from: Silent Movies (MP3 Music)
This is going in my short stack with "Ballads" by Derek Bailey.
I've been DYING for some real, honest mic'd and not piezo'd acoustic. What the F*&K is it with every acoustic guitar player using pickups in the studio? Seriously? Why should guitar builders even make great sounding instruments anymore? Oh right, here's a very compelling one: MARC RIBOT.
This is already one of my favorite recordings. EVER. Beautiful. I've always loved Marc Ribot's music, but now I LOVE Marc Ribot's music.
Move over "My Goals Beyond", you've got company on the CD tray..
Holy jesus what a great recording.

5.0 out of 5 stars cool, March 5, 2014
This review is from: Silent Movies (Dig) (Audio CD)
the cd is world unto itself. you have to really love guitar music for this. the mood is sad and relaxing. perfect!!!!!!!!!!

Silent Movies (Dig)
Silent Movies (Dig) by Marc Ribot (Audio CD - 2010)
Rate and Discover Movies