Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 27, 2011 2:43:29 AM PST
Just my opinion, but I really really hate the silent realm trials. I wouldn't mind so much of I at least had the option to use the sword and shield and defeat the guardians. But you don't. It just seems to me they made those trials way to difficult. Yeah I understand a game should challenge you, but after the previous temples in the game it seems a bit of a sudden jump in difficult. Instead of having to figure things out with whit, it seems more one dimensional to me. I'd rather have a set of difficult situations to figure out with some difficult boss battle or something than how the trials are set up. But again this is just my opinion. Anyone else feel like throwing in there input on this?

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 9:56:49 AM PST
*bump*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2011 2:45:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2011 2:46:23 PM PST
81_TransAm says:
Hrmmm... I can see where you are coming from. But I've gotta say I really liked the helplessness and weird atmosphere. It's a refreshing change from
I can kill anything I want. I wouldn't want to play a Zelda that incorporated the stealth/sprint all the time though. Compared to certain combat situations I don't think the Silent Realm is too difficult... I've completed two now and haven't been caught by those insane guardians yet.

On a broader note, man oh man I'm loving the combat and higher difficulty! TP was a great game but was so crippled by it's easiness, not SS! I've only died once so far but I felt like I was actually fighting for my life in the 2nd temple (down to 1 heart three different times). Right from the get-go the game starts you with with 6 hearts instead of 3??? challenge accepted!!!

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 9:21:52 AM PST
One of the nice things about the game is that there's such a wide variety of things to suit different players and to challenge them. View the silent realm trials as a _challenge_ and accept that finishing them on the terms stated is a part of the story line.

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 6:40:05 PM PST
evercreed says:
I loved the Silent Realm sections. I thought they were the most challenging part of the game. I can see how some will find them frustrating, but it was oh so satisfying to complete them. Plus I thought they were the most intense sections of any Zelda game. Hearing that Silent Hill style music playing, seeing the tall guardians stomping toward you, and then the floating ones coming up through the ground, all while running and climbing to grab a tear and keeping an eye on your stamina. So intense.

Posted on Dec 16, 2011 4:45:22 AM PST
I'm with you. I couldn't stop playing until I got to the first Silent Realm. I got tagged by a guardian. I haven't played in over a week, and I feel like I'll have to force myself to go back and try it again. Did they put all three in a row, or is it "do one, adventure some more, get another one later"? If it's three in a row, I don't know if I'll go back to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2011 5:09:44 AM PST
Jon says:
Its after you finish a adventure. You get to a new one. Their is a extra one when you want to find the last song which is the hardest out of all of them in my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2011 9:15:38 AM PST
E. Baker says:
Once you find a tear its location will show on your map, so concentrate on finding any you have missed first. You can outrun the guardians, but be careful not to run out of fatigue. Climbing seems to be a good way to avoid them if they are on your trail. You can't fight them, but a well timed dash and roll can avoid an attach. Just keep moving if they are after you.

The progression (when you have to do them and their difficulty) is basically like the bug hunts in Twilight Princess.

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 2:55:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 1, 2012 2:55:28 PM PST
Grizelda says:
Don't be too discouraged .... it actually seemed like you could outrun the monsters easier as things progressed -- as if you had more time. Getting past the first one seemed trickiest.

Also, take fi's advice, and leave the obvious, easy to get to ones till last -- that way you can grab them to stop the creeps from chasing you.

Nonetheless, I'd say It's my least favorite aspect of the game.

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 8:11:34 PM PST
They aren't that bad guys. I suck at this game. I did the first one in one try. I did the second in maybe 4 tries or so. I discovered that if you die, nothing bad even happens. You just try again. You even get to keep the treasures you find. Dieing a few times meant I got more dust relics then I needed. No big deal, nice positive really.

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 3:42:40 AM PST
I'm on the third one now. I've tried twice so far. This last time, I was doing quite well and simply could not find the 15th tear, even with the light seed active. As Dr/2 says, I'm raking in dusk relics, though. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2012 7:45:40 PM PST
I did the 3rd one, maybe 4 tries or so. It was easy after I found the 15th one. After that, I just did another run with them all on my map, and made the one closest to the circle the last one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2012 8:49:57 AM PST
Grizelda says:
Wow Dr: I'm impressed. I'm in the 3rd one (Eldin) now. I keep getting lost at the southern end ( not a great surprise since I don't have even have a sense of direction in real life. ) eventually get stopped.
I even tried practicing meandering around this turf while not in silent realm mode (something I found very helpful in earlier trials), but alas terrain not the same. I've watched some youtube vids (wish there were one which showed the map...)
Oh well, back to the drawing board tonite.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 1:54:11 PM PST
Each of the silent realms took me three or four tries, I think. The Eldin Volcano one is pretty evil, but eventually I realized that the trick was to stay calm, not panic, and avoid dashing all the time. The guardians are actually all pretty slow, and while they WILL follow you at a consistent pace, you can outrun them without dashing. Just don't stop moving! The tears on the volcano slope that you have to slide down to gather were the hardest, and I went up and down the volcano repeatedly until I'd grabbed them all. There were no guardians chasing me around there, so it wasn't really that bad. When you slide down to the bottom, though, there's always one waiting for you there who can be rather stressful to run past. The rest of it turned out to be not necessarily difficult, but definitely an exercise in patience. Finally getting past it was downright cathartic.

I'm just getting sick and tired of fighting the Imprisoned. I've had to seal that jerk away three times already! Enough is enough.

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 4:51:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 28, 2012 4:54:28 PM PST
Grizelda says:
Heed Patrick's advice about the Silent Realm", it's dead on target:
"...trick was to stay calm, not panic, and avoid dashing all the time. The guardians are actually all pretty slow..."

It still took me at least 5 trys (kept getting lost) but keeping cool is the whole trick.

Bummed to hear ill have to do the imprisoned a third time...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 7:33:10 PM PST
I've finally done the second time, and I know the third is coming up, probably Saturday night.

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 11:08:42 AM PST
Yeah, your third encounter with the Imprisoned takes place right after you complete the Silent Realm trials and visit the Thunderhead. The damned thing starts learning how to fly in encounter #3, but once you figure out how to take him on, it's probably actually the easiest fight you'll have with him (at least thus far; I hope there aren't any more, but I'm not holding my breath!).

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 11:50:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 21, 2012 11:52:18 AM PDT
Sarah says:
The Silent Realms are what kept me from continuing the game. When I recognized it was a combination of the horrible part of Phantom Hourglass and the dull part of Twilight Princess, I was so annoyed. I did the first one in the woods, hated it, and realized there would be at least two more. So I thought, you know what? I don't have to go through this, I can just play Skyrim or Dragon Age or some other game that lets me kill the enemy instead of run around them. :P Haven't played Zelda since.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Nov 27, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword with Music CD
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword with Music CD by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (630)