5.0 out of 5 stars Simply AMAZING!
Published on May 7, 2012 by Kit Cat

1.0 out of 5 stars OMG...this is machine is fantastic...UPDATED comments
Published 22 months ago by mady

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply AMAZING!, May 7, 2012
This review is from: Silhouette Cameo Starter Bundle Kit (Electronics)
I first want to start by saying I have owned many Cricut machines, including the most recent Expression 2. I was dedicated to the brand. This until a friend of mine showed me her Silhouette SD. The cuts were so precise! No paper ripping, no rough edges, no expensive cartridges and beautiful outcomes! I decided I was going to sell my Cricut and purchase the new Silhouette Cameo. I have been using it every day for about a week and I have not regretted my decision to part with my Cricut! I can honestly say, this machine is great.

I find myself in shock after cutting each image. It is so clean, the images are stunning! The graphics available through the design software that came with the Silhoette are wonderful. If you go to Silhouette's website, you can preview the designs for free, prior to purchase. The images are relatively cheap compared to having to buy expensive cartridges in which you only need one image. Almost all of the images are .99 and you can use your own fonts along with the supplied software. I have used a couple of websites which sell SVG files and print them out then cut. They turn out amazing! Included with your Silhoette purchase, you receive a $10 credit towards the online store. I should also mention you can purchase a subscription (which is what I did) instead of paying per image. I used a coupon code which saved 20% on the subscription rate. A quick google search will help you find a code. I pay $16 a month for $150 of images!!! That is nearly 150 images! There are lower rates available too but decided this was the best bang for my buck. I am able to use $150 of images in 2 months time, meaning, if I don't use all my "credits" within the month, they don't expire until the following month. Great deal!

Another positive the Cameo has over the Cricut is the cutting mats and accessories. The cutting mat is wonderful, not too sticky, just perfect. Recently, Cricut changed their cutting mats in which I couldn't get anything to stick while cutting, thus ruining projects! Not the Cameo! I have used my mat a ton and it is still sticky, Silhoette claims their mats last 5 times longer than Cricut... I completely believe it! Another fun thing about the Silhoette is the sketch pens. I was skeptical at first but bought the metallic pens and the designs turned out so beautifully! The pens are great quality!

Another point I would like to bring up is customer service. Their customer service is amazing! If you email them during business hours, they respond within 5 minutes, if that. Now that's customer service! Another example is when I called their 1-800 number. I was expecting to wait on hold after pushing numerous buttons to get to the right peron. I dialed the number and I heard, "thanks for calling Silhoette...". Shocking! They were very friendly and helpful.

In conclusion, I have to respectfully disagree with the prior review. I am a card maker and mom who loves to make goodie bags for my kids' school classes and I can honestly say, The Silhoette Cameo is a great, great product! Anyone who is on the fence... trust me, you will love it! No more Cricut and no more expensive cartridges! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars This machine addressed all my complaints with the "other guy", July 8, 2012
This review is from: Silhouette Cameo Starter Bundle Kit (Electronics)
I've had the Cricut for a few years now. I had similar complaints that many others have - limited to the images on the cartridges; the cartridges have more images than I need; waste too much paper because it's difficult to position the needle; can't see clearly what you're cutting and how big the design will be when cut.... All that aside, the machine was meeting my needs until I needed to cut my own design for a project. A friend told me I could purchase a program that would allow me to use my own images, so I went researching. I was actually prepared to buy a new Cricut (because it was bigger and better) until I realized that Cricut sued the program that allows you to use your own images. That sent me searching for a new solution.

After conducting research, I came across the Silhouette. And, all I can say - the Cricut pales in comparison! Out of the box, I was able to use my own images. And, every frustration I had with the Cricut was addressed by the Silhouette. This machine works beautifully! I've cut paper. I've cut fabric. I have seen complaints regarding the life of the blades and the cutting mats. I haven't had issues with either one. The possibilities are endless with this machine. I'm nothing short of impressed and would recommend it over the Cricut any day. Silhouette has a better business model, and they've got a better machine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Machine if you follow some basic instructions, September 12, 2012
This review is from: Silhouette Cameo Starter Bundle Kit (Electronics)
My husband bought me the Silhouette Cameo Starter Bundle from Amazon after I bragged about how many things this machine could do. Of course, after receiving it, I wanted to start using it right away. I went to our local Joann Fabrics store and bought a multi-pack of cardstock. I immediately started cutting. What I noticed were the following:

* the cardstock was tearing while cutting
* cardstock was even tearing more after I tried to get it off the cutting mat.

I was rather disappointed at first. I tried a few different settings with the blade, but nothing helped. I even used the new blade that came with the bundle but even the new blade was tearing up my paper. Until I did some more research on the Silhouette Cameo.

Yes the cutting mat is very sticky, but looses it's stickiness rather fast after a few uses. Now after so many uses my mat isn't sticky enough anymore. So I use adhesive spray to keep my paper in place and it works great!

NOW the most annoying problem of them all was the tearing of the paper while cutting. I bought the Core'Dinations Premium Textured Cardstock from Joann's. That was a big mistake. That type of cardstock seemed very soft and fibrous. So after some research on peoples blogs I found out that Bazzill Cardstock or American Crafts Cardstock works the best with the Silhouette. Of course our Joann's doesn't sell any of these. But our local Michael's does sell Bazzill Cardstock but only as individual 12 x 12 sheets. I bought some sheets and tried them! Oh boy! What a difference! No more tearing and nicely cut shapes came out of my Silhouette. Now I'm as happy as can be!

So anyone who is having problems with tearing cardstock I advice to try different brands because the Silhouette cuts some cardstock better than others.

In the meantime I have cut vinyl and used the sketch pens without any problems.

Another big PRO to the Silhouette is their website and lack of cartridges. I never owned a Cricut or any other die cutting machine because I simply didn't want to buy those expensive cartridges. I do graphic design in my free time and I love to be able to use my own creations to cut with the Silhouette. Also shapes in their online store are $ 0.99 so it's a bunch cheaper and you only pay for the shapes you want. They also have a free shape of the week and weekly clearance shapes for $ 0.50. There are also online stores where you can buy reasonably priced shapes. Much better than fooling with cartridges.

5.0 out of 5 stars Praise the lord, December 4, 2012
This review is from: Silhouette Cameo Starter Bundle Kit (Electronics)
Finally... something that makes it so my wife quits yelling at me about playing video games. MEN!!! GO BUY YOUR WIFE ONE OF THESE, THEY WILL BE ADDICTED TO CUTTING OUT LITTLE THINGS AND CRAFTING ALL DAY, it is amazing.

4.0 out of 5 stars I own two Cameos and use the machine extensively, December 9, 2013
BACKGROUND:
I use the Silhouette Cameo in my small crafting business. I currently own two of them and have a third on the way (its a busy business). I use my Cameo everyday. I would have given the machine 5 stars but, I am currently in the process of returning one machine and making a warranty claim. I simply got a dud of a machine and 9 months and countless support calls later, I am simply going to return it. That being said, my other Cameo is a workhorse but has some limitations.

EASE OF USE
HARDWARE AND INCLUDED ACCESSORIES:
The Cameo is super easy to use once you get the hang of it. Plan to spend the first day or two wasting paper and testing things out. The hardware is straight forward and not too technical to get the hang of. The blade is easy to insert and the lcd screen is easy to understand. What is not so straight forward is using the Cameo with an SD card only. While it is easy to save the image to SD and pop the card into the machine, once you get there, it is very confusing trying to open the image and change the cut settings via the SD screen. But, maybe I need to play with this option a little more.

BLADES:
The cutting blade was a constant source of irritation at first. For some reason, the first 5-6 blades I purchased did not have removable tips. Then I, somehow, managed to get a blade with a removable tip and that made ALL the difference. Little bits of paper can get stuck in the blade housing which can negatively affect the performance of the blade so, trying to fish tiny bits of paper out of an even tinier hole is almost impossible without the removable tip. So, hopefully, the removable tip is here to stay because it is invaluable.

MATS:
The cutting mats are excellent until they're not anymore. I have only had one mat (out of the probably 100 that I have owned) that was insanely sticky out the pack - so much so that it shredded and destroyed the one piece of paper I used on it. All of the other mats I have owned are great for a good while. I have kept some numbers and I can usually get 50-60 full page cuts out of a 12x12 mat before it becomes difficult to use. I have tried all of the popular re-stick methods (spray glue, Re-Nu sheets, Slice mat adhesive, Xyron adhesive etc.) and none of them are ideal. Most leave you with not enough adhesive or adhesive that sticks to the paper, not the mat. I have also tried Cricut mats, because they are cheaper, but the quality is not as good as Silhouette branded mats. Again, I use the Cameo for high volume cutting so, if you are just a hobbyist, one mat should last a long time.

I use the scraper religiously. I do not believe it comes with the Cameo and needs to be purchased separately but it is well worth it.

SOFTWARE:
The included software is ok. It is intuitive to use but has some functionality problems in my opinion. Opening large graphics is my biggest issue. If the graphic is too large, the Studio software will simply stop displaying it or printing it properly, even if you shrink it down. Any document containing the image will not save and will become wildly distorted. Large images need to be shrunk in another software before they are opened in Studio. From what I can gather from support on this issue, this may not be a problem in the designer version of the software, which costs an additional 50.00.

Also, although you can use all of the fonts installed on your PC, I find that a lot of the fonts are limited in that you cannot bold, underline or italicize them for some reason - the options are there, they are just greyed out. Additionally, although I wouldn't say the Studio software crashes frequently, it does crash and has crashed many times. If you have not saved your work, you are out of luck when it decides to crash. I would say that the software freezes often though, especially when sending something to the printer. It will say "Not responding" and spin for awhile but then, eventually, it will unfreeze. If you are cutting something and trying to print something else out, everything will stop for awhile and freeze up. It eventually will come back though.

Finally, I find that if you have many images or even a lot of font on your project page, the Studio software simply cannot keep up, it uses a lot of computer memory and drags noticeably to the point where there is a 5-7 second lag between me telling it to do something and it actually doing it. I have a high performance computer that can run Photoshop, Illustrator and other large apps simultaneously without a problem so, it is not my computer, it is the software.

QUALITY OF CUTS:
I cut perhaps 30-40 pages a day on my Cameo. I use everything from 110# cardstock to super thin (read: crappy) sticker paper. The Cameo can cut a variety of materials well. The thicker cardstock needs to be double cut on a low speed though and, because of this, it can take forever to cut a full sheet of shapes on the thicker stuff. But, cutting stickers is super fast and easy to do.

With more intricate cuts, The Cameo is hit or miss - mostly hit. But, I find I have much more waste than with simpler shapes. If I have 10 intricate shapes on my sheet, I may lose 3 of them to ripping or messy cutting. This is true no matter the cut speed, blade depth or material I am cutting.

PRINT AND CUT:
The Print and Cut feature is amazing normally but does have its drawbacks for sure. The default margins for print and cut are huge so if you use the default settings, you will waste a ton of the page on empty space. But, I find that if you change the default settings, the accuracy of the cut decreases. Additionally, I have found that there is one certain print that the Cameo simply does not like - if you have a printed outline on your shape and you want the Cameo to cut out the shape leaving a little space between the printed outline and the cut line, I have found that the accuracy of the cuts drops dramatically. For instance, if I have 20 shapes on a page, I may lose 15-16 of them because they are being cut off-center. That is an enormous amount of waste and limits the design potential.

SILHOUETTE BRANDED PRODUCTS:
Of the Silhouette branded products, I have purchased and used the white sticker paper, foil paper, chalkboard vinyl, adhesive fabric paper, clear sticker paper, regular vinyl, double sided adhesive, magnet paper, adhesive magnet paper, and tattoo paper. I have found that MOST if not ALL of the silhouette branded materials are wildly overpriced for what you are getting and, at the end of the day. it is not necessary to purchase the Silhouette brand. For example, the printable white sticker paper runs about 1.00 per page and you get 8 pages in a pack. This is nothing but plain white label paper and you can get something identical for a dime per page elsewhere. You may need to slightly tweak the suggested cut settings but I find you need to do that anyway because the suggested settings for many of the Silhouette branded materials do not work well for me. Additionally, I have found that materials such as the foil paper and clear sticker paper DO NOT print well in a laser printer and do not print at all in an inkjet printer. I think they are formulated for laser printing but it does not say that and, in any case, does not print properly. I find that much cheaper and comparable foil and clear paper print WAY better than the Silhouette branded items. I have two laser printers and 1 inkjet and it is the same story in all the printers. Also, the instructions on the packaging is almost non-existent on the branded products and the online videos are really not helpful to me.

CONCLUSION:
The Cameo ultimately is an amazing machine. Is it perfect? No. But, it also is in the 200-300 dollar range which, for a digital cutting machine that does not require expensive cartridges, is a good deal. I would never consider buying a machine that requires you to purchase cartridges separately as you can import and create a great many shapes yourself on the Cameo. Understand the limitations of the machine and it will give you lots of crafting pleasure. Also know that, if your machine does not work and you are fairly certain it is not user error, you may just have a bad machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Thing I've Ever Owned, March 24, 2014
ThreesACharm (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silhouette Cameo Starter Bundle Kit (Electronics)
I pined after the Silhouette SD for months, not being able to justify the price of the machine. When my husband PCS'd halfway across the country - and had to leave a lot of our household décor behind - the new Cameo had just come out, and I was about to order the SD at the cheaper price. My husband encouraged me to get the new one, rationalizing that the money we'd save in buying new décor totally justified the price of the machine. He ended up ordering this bundle for me as a surprise, when I still couldn't decide.

This is, hands down, one of the greatest presents anyone has ever gotten me! I don't scrapbook at all, but I'm a big DIY-er and this thing can do almost anything! I've done vinyl art for every wall in the house, customized everything from water bottles to kitchen gadgets, created custom clothes for my son, cut fabric for patterns and appliqués, made holiday decorations, cut stickers and temporary tattooes we printed ourselves, made wooden welcome signs and plaques...

The only downside is, it's an expensive hobby! You can never buy just one roll of vinyl; you gotta buy 20 so you have one roll of each color. I own boxes upon boxes of cardstock and scrapbook paper, printable fabric sheets, heat transfer vinyl, sticker paper, you name it, I probably have 12 of them in six different colors. It's highly addicting, especially when everyone comments on how amazing your creations are.

If you're between this and the Cricut, forget the Cricut! My cousin has it, and could not believe there was a similarly-priced system that allowed you to hook up to your laptop and design anything you want. The Cricut dies are insanely expensive and so limited in what they offer; I can open Photoshop and make anything I can think of, import it to Silhouette Studio and cut! And if you don't have Photoshop, or you're not a graphic designer, Silhouette's online design store has a frillion designs for 99 cents!

I did have some issues with cutting vinyl right out of the box - the machine cut a straight line through half a roll of vinyl - but a quick e-mail to Silhouette's customer service and they sent out two new blades (to replace the two blades in this bundle) and a new roll of vinyl immediately. The customer service that backs this machine is what makes me confident I'll be able to enjoy this machine for years to come.

I'm still using my original two cutting mats, which I re-sticky with spray-on adhesive (any craft store will have this), after maybe 300 cuts. They are a little worse for wear, and probably need replacing yesterday, but they still work great. I've since ordered two Cricut 12x24-sized mats, which work just as good with the Cameo and were a lot cheaper than the Silhouette brand, and it seems like a lot of other media can be used between both brands. I've also started using Oracle brand vinyl, which is cheaper and larger than Silhouette brand, since Silhouette vinyl is becoming harder and harder to find. Keep in mind you aren't limited to their brand, and shop around for better prices; the Oracle vinyl on Amazon is repackaged from another wholesaler, who will sell it to you directly online for less money!

5.0 out of 5 stars In love with my Silhouette Cameo, November 27, 2013
Judith R King (La Crescent, MN, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silhouette Cameo Starter Bundle Kit (Electronics)
Silhouette Cameo Electronic Cutting Tool Plus Vinyl Starter Kit for ScrapbookingI have had my Silhouette Cameo for almost nine months now. Since I am visually oriented, the first thing I did was go online and search for a "setting up Silhouette Cameo" and was greeted with many easy-to-follow video tutorials that start with unpacking the machine, very clear, concise and simple.

Then a month or so went by before I started to use it. I don't know I was intimidated or I just thought it was going to be a time commitment to learn how to use it. Big mistake. Now that I've started using it, I think of more uses for this wonderful machine everyday.

Again, anytime I can't figure something out or have a question about anything, I do a Google search and have found a recommendation by other helpful users or forums. Example: question, "cutting mat too sticky", online answer, "put a sofa pillow on the mat when you first get, press it down, pull off. Stickiness doesn't come off on pillow but pillow leaves very light fibers on the mat which reduces initial stickiness."

Just some of the projects I have used the cutter for include, making Christmas cards, cutting a vinyl stencil to etch on glasses as gifts, cutting out a logo for our business, cutting out paper dolls for our grandkids.
The online store has a huge selection of design choices. Not only are they reasonable priced, most .99, but they have frequent sales. That being said, as a long time Photoshop user, I am creating many of my own designs. The point is, you can easily design your own if you are inclined, but you don't have to. There are also many Silhouette users who offer their designs on various blogs, for free, or very reasonably priced.

I wish I had known about this machine before purchasing all my expensive dies for my Cuttlebug I am keeping that handy little machine(?) because of it's ability to emboss but I am in the process of scanning in die cuts, saving them as Silhouette images and selling all my dies.

One of my favorite features of the Silhouette is easily being able to scale the image to any size I want, up to 12x12. It has always frustrated me with one-use dies is that if I want to cut out an oval and then cut one slightly larger for a "frame" around that oval, I couldn't do it w/o owning two dies. With the Silhouette I can easily re-size and design.

There are small glitches along the way. I learned early on to do practice cuts if I'm working with specialty papers that are either fragile or thicker. I also do a lot of practice cuts on 4x6 recipe cards. Occasionally I will get a bent corner on a small design but the intricacy of design the Cameo can cut is amazing. Most errors turn out to be something I've done like not cleaning off small pieces of the last cut or not having card stock stuck down enough.

For the several months I have shuttered as I watch my sister buy single-purpose die after another at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. Since she's only a casual computer user she was afraid of the Silhouette, thinking it required too much computer knowledge. Recently I showed her how easy it is to use and she now has it on her Christmas list.

I could go on but, if you're on the fence, jump and then use it. Answers to your questions are just a Google or Youtube search away.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best cutter out there!, April 1, 2013
This review is from: Silhouette Cameo Starter Bundle Kit (Electronics)
I own an original Cricut and and Cricut Mini and this machine beats them hands down in EVERY way possible! The cut quality is so much better than you could ever hope to get on a Cricut. Provocraft has this tendency to sell very intricate shapes on some of their cartridges, and i've always questioned the reasoning behind that because their Cricut machines are incapable of cutting them! Even cutting something as simple as a bracket tag with pointy edges is a chore on the Cricut.

However, the Silhouette Cameo produces beautiful cuts time after time (after a learning curve of course). I can cut pointed bracket tags! I can cut intricate shapes! What's even better is that I can design and cut whatever my imagination comes up with! No more expensive cartridges!

I must note that the blade that came with the machine was defective, but the second one I purchased worked fine. I found the blades quite expensive so I went on eBay and purchased something called a CBO9 blade holder. It works kind of like the cricut blade holder. Instead of throwing the whole blade and housing away you just replace the blade. The blade holder was about $20.00, and the replacement blades I buy come in packs of 10 for $20.00 The blades last a very long time too.

1.0 out of 5 stars OMG...this is machine is fantastic...UPDATED comments, September 12, 2012
This review is from: Silhouette Cameo Starter Bundle Kit (Electronics)
This was so easy to set up....and I am TERRIBLE with techny stuff. Within an hour of getting the Cameo, I was ready to test drive it and the first cut came out perfectly. The paper did stick A LOT though on the first trial so if you have a mat scraper and spatula, that will greatly help. I did the trick a woman suggested on You Tube and that is to "treat" the mat a few times by applying it against a fleece or tissu to soften the tackiness or stickiness of the mat. I bought a few designs from its online store and its really cool. Whenever I had any problem with the Cameo or downloading the designs, I called customer care and it was there, ready to serve and answer my questions. Fabbbbulous customer service, and it's also one of the reason why I bought this machine (and not its competitor based on the positive customer care reviews). Wow....have been playing with the Cameo for the past hour and I'm just LOVING it. Have lots of plans and scrapbooking projects and having this cutter will be wonderful. Highly recommend the purchase. Will update in a few months since I just got it today.

Nov. 19, 2012

OK, I have now owned the Cameo for appx 2 months and I have a better assessment of this tool. I really want to like this machine, and I do to some extent. Unfortunately, I have had to downgrade from a 5 stars to a 3 stars. Let me explain.

Firstly, I wish to say that the fact that the Cameo cuts my own images (I buy a lot of digital stamps for coloring/card making) is a big positive in itself. For the most part, if the image is "clean" and does not have too many small details, the Cameo will do a fantastic job at cutting "most" images perfectly.

Unfortunately, with time, I have come to notice imperfections with the Cameo though. When the design (I have only used the designs bought from the Silhouette Online Store) has lots of details, fine lines, lots of circles, etc....and thus requires the blade to go back to the same spot multiple times, the machine tends to tear my paper. It does not matter that I will use a smaller blade number; the paper gets torn or the cut is less than desirable. I have now steered clear from doilies, flowers, flourises, borders, etc....that have lots of details or finer ones since I know the job will be butchered. I wish to point out that the size of my design job needs to be reduced considerably bcuz I make cards more than scrapbooks. The size of the cards being smaller than a 12X12 scrapbook page , the card's decorations will be proportionated to it and thus minimized.

Moreover, although I have had the chance to play with the blade and its intensity, I still find it's a miss or hit a lot of times. If I use a smaller blade number (example, a 2), the design will not cut properly. I will then have to manually finish the job with an exaclto, leaving the design scarred. On the other hand, if I use a higher number (4 or 5), then the force of the blade is often too strong and that will just tear bits of my paper altogether....SIGH....Also, at first, I used all kinds of paper: cardstock AND beautiful, thinner patterned paper. Yet, the latter cannot withstand the force of the blade, even at number 2 (which, by the way, won't cut smoothly as explained above). These days, I just never bother using the thinner patterned paper bcuz it gets chewed up by the Cameo. No point wasting my nice paper. I tend to use rigid or more solid carstock if I want to increase my chances at getting a good job. This has reduced the type of work/design and paper I can use with the machine.

Finally, on more than one occasions, the mat/paper will slide/move while the machine is cutting. That pretty much kills it all.

As a final note, I went out and bought a Big Shot from Sizzix. It was mostly for the embossing work but the Big Shot also cuts (with die cuts). I have to say...the die cuts I have seen from Sizzix or other companies (Big Shot is very compatible with most die cuts from other companies) are much, much nicer than a lot of the designs sold by the Silhouette Store. Yes, individual die cuts are much more expensive than the designs marketed by Silhouette (which tend to run appx $0.99 each) but I find it was worth it to buy the Eiffel Tower Die Cut from LalaLand at $20 than the eiffel tower from Silhouette (that design is NOT even pretty). However, I can't use half of the stuff I have bought online from Silhouette in any event (reasons explained above). Furthermore, lots of the Silhouette designs are just NOT pretty or not what one would have expected when just looking at the image in the catalog. Since the store does not give a preview of the finished product, one buys a design based on what one thinks it will look like in the end. Lots of optic misrepresentations when looking at the catalog image so be careful about that. I have been disappointed more than enough times after cutting the design by realizing it was NOTHING like the catalog's image. Had I known about the Big Shot first and tried it out before I got the Cameo, I must confess that I would likely have NOT bought the Cameo. It is still a good tool, I don't argue that, but from my perspective, too expensive for what I have been able to accomplish with it.

But on the very positive note, Silhouette's customer service has been very responsive to my inquiries. I rarely get a voice mail. It did happen on a few occasions during business hours, but that was never the norm. I hope that in time, I will get better use out of the Cameo. The Cameo does not come cheap (and I have a good monthly subscription until next year with the Silhouette Store).

Update, January 2, 2014

I had to downgrade this product to a one star because I barely ever use it anymore, and when I do, this machine and especially its digital designs do not do anything much for me. I now own a Big Shot and I LOVE that little piece of machine. The die cuts I buy are so much nicer and better than the designs I get out of my Silhouette. I regret making this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my Cameo, January 30, 2013
This review is from: Silhouette Cameo Starter Bundle Kit (Electronics)
My husband gave me a Cameo for Christmas (great guy, huh?). I have been having a ton of fun with it. The software is easy to learn and images are very easy to change, print, and cut.

I have worked with computer programs such as Photoshop, Cricut, and Sure-Cuts-A-Lot, so the Silhouette Studio software was very easy for me to learn. I also upgraded to the Designer Edition software so that I could import jpg files and create projects with those images.

I'm really loving the print and cut feature. This feature allows you to print an image on a printer and then use the Cameo to precisely cut the image out.

I also own a Cricut cutting machine. I got tired of spending a fortune on cartridges, especially where the image couldn't be changed. I like the Cricut, but I LOVE my Cameo.

Silhouette Cameo Starter Bundle Kit