5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, it is the same as the "regular" blades...
Published 18 months ago by Laura Beth 1985

3.0 out of 5 stars Same as any other blade (no, really)
Just be aware that this blade is EXACTLY like any other blade. It's just a different color so you can tell which one to use for fabric, since you may want a different blade for each medium (paper, fabric, vinyl). If you can find it cheaper elsewhere, you're safe to do that and still get the same function.
Published 7 months ago by Angela N.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, it is the same as the "regular" blades..., March 25, 2013
This review is from: Silhouette Fabric Blade (Misc.)
Okay, so all over the internet I've seen how these fabric blades are a rip off because they're the same as the regular cutting blades. This is true. The purpose of having a specific blade for fabric is so you don't dull it out cutting paper. Did your mom have fabric scissors that she'd yell at you for cutting your construction paper with? Mine did. This is the same principal. You could also buy a 2-pack of regular blades for a bit cheaper and just mark one of them with a paint pen to be used for fabric only... Anywho... The blade obviously fit my machine and cut great even though I was cutting flannel. I definitely recommend using your Silhouette to cut fabric, regardless of which blade you use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nicely surprised!, October 10, 2012
This review is from: Silhouette Fabric Blade (Misc.)
I was really hoping that this blade would work well in my SD model for a specific type of material - "wash away applique sheets" from C&T Publishing - and it does!! Clean cuts. You can unscrew part of the blade housing to remove any fibers/lint caught up in there and whenever I have a poor cut, that is what it needs. I have made about 25 full A4 sheet cuts so far so I can't speak to durability but I would buy again if it stopped being sharp enough for my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this blade, June 26, 2013
This review is from: Silhouette Fabric Blade (Misc.)
i just buy this blade for regular paper cutting as well as fabric and mark my blades. They have a cap on the blade part so I can unscrew it and clean off the blade when it gets clogged. I will never buy the regular blade again. LOVE THIS!

5.0 out of 5 stars Silhouette fabric blade, December 24, 2012
This review is from: Silhouette Fabric Blade (Misc.)
I do a lot of appliqué for quilting and wanted to eliminate some of the tracing and cutting. This is the perfect tool for my purpose.
I can get more quilts finish by using this blade on my Silhouette.

5.0 out of 5 stars good idea, January 5, 2013
This review is from: Silhouette Fabric Blade (Misc.)
Works well and keeps your other blades from dulling quicker. Just have to remember to change the blade heights. enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this blade, January 2, 2013
This review is from: Silhouette Fabric Blade (Misc.)
This blade is easy to clean out when fabric gets caught in it. The white part with the red line opens for cleaning and then can be screwed back on. Other than that, it is the same blade. I think I will just order these blades and mark them myself for paper or fabric. I would like that option for paper. I don't know why they don't just make the paper ones the same way especially considering how many complaints I have seen about the paper blades getting paper caught in them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the new blade, August 20, 2013
This review is from: Silhouette Fabric Blade (Misc.)
The blade did exactly what it said. I will be using it for my next quilt project Anyone loves to quilt needs this

5.0 out of 5 stars Blade replacements, December 27, 2012
This review is from: Silhouette Fabric Blade (Misc.)
The correct blade for fabric for my silhouette. I love my silhouette, and needed to replace the blades. good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars But this instead of the standard blades and save money!, October 17, 2013
This review is from: Silhouette Fabric Blade (Misc.)
These are exactly the same as the standard blade with the black housing (even stated on Silhouette's website), just a different color.

Save nearly 15% compared to standard blade price on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharpening Blades Issues, January 19, 2014
This review is from: Silhouette Fabric Blade (Misc.)
I wanted to let everyone know an old fashioned way my grandmother taught me to sharpen scissors and -- for obvious reasons -- Cricut blades, as well, since it would apply to those, too! Get the heavy duty tin foil and put it onto your mat and cut it up with as many designs as you can reasonably do. It should be sharp as a razor after that. To sharpen scissors you just cut the foil as you would paper. Hope this helps everyone!

Silhouette Fabric Blade