Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Package Quantity: 1|Change

on March 25, 2013
Okay, so all over the internet I've seen how these fabric blades are a rip off because they're the same as the regular cutting blades. This is true. The purpose of having a specific blade for fabric is so you don't dull it out cutting paper. Did your mom have fabric scissors that she'd yell at you for cutting your construction paper with? Mine did. This is the same principal. You could also buy a 2-pack of regular blades for a bit cheaper and just mark one of them with a paint pen to be used for fabric only... Anywho... The blade obviously fit my machine and cut great even though I was cutting flannel. I definitely recommend using your Silhouette to cut fabric, regardless of which blade you use.
22 comments| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2012
I was really hoping that this blade would work well in my SD model for a specific type of material - "wash away applique sheets" from C&T Publishing - and it does!! Clean cuts. You can unscrew part of the blade housing to remove any fibers/lint caught up in there and whenever I have a poor cut, that is what it needs. I have made about 25 full A4 sheet cuts so far so I can't speak to durability but I would buy again if it stopped being sharp enough for my needs.
33 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2012
I do a lot of appliqué for quilting and wanted to eliminate some of the tracing and cutting. This is the perfect tool for my purpose.
I can get more quilts finish by using this blade on my Silhouette.
on June 26, 2013
i just buy this blade for regular paper cutting as well as fabric and mark my blades. They have a cap on the blade part so I can unscrew it and clean off the blade when it gets clogged. I will never buy the regular blade again. LOVE THIS!
on January 5, 2013
Works well and keeps your other blades from dulling quicker. Just have to remember to change the blade heights. enjoy
on October 17, 2013
These are exactly the same as the standard blade with the black housing (even stated on Silhouette's website), just a different color.

Save nearly 15% compared to standard blade price on Amazon.
on November 1, 2015
I am very happy with this blade. It comes in the Silhouette package with the blade and the ratchet cap. I prepped my fabric with a good ironing, then I applied iron on adhesive (I use Heat N Bond Ultra Hold). I have heard to apply spray starch as well, but I skipped this step and it turned out fine. When my machine finished cutting, it looked like it didn't cut all the way through, but I was pleasantly surprised when I lifted the excess. The blade created a crisp, clean cut on my fabric. The fabric blade will make my machine appliqués so much more easier to complete.
review image review image review image
on January 2, 2013
This blade is easy to clean out when fabric gets caught in it. The white part with the red line opens for cleaning and then can be screwed back on. Other than that, it is the same blade. I think I will just order these blades and mark them myself for paper or fabric. I would like that option for paper. I don't know why they don't just make the paper ones the same way especially considering how many complaints I have seen about the paper blades getting paper caught in them.
on January 19, 2014
I wanted to let everyone know an old fashioned way my grandmother taught me to sharpen scissors and -- for obvious reasons -- Cricut blades, as well, since it would apply to those, too! Get the heavy duty tin foil and put it onto your mat and cut it up with as many designs as you can reasonably do. It should be sharp as a razor after that. To sharpen scissors you just cut the foil as you would paper. Hope this helps everyone!
on August 20, 2013
The blade did exactly what it said. I will be using it for my next quilt project Anyone loves to quilt needs this