Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Silhouette Spatula
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Price:$4.63+ Free shipping (Addon item)

TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 10, 2014
My wife loves to craft and because of that, I bought my wife the Silhouette Cameo Starter Kit Bundle from Amazon for a Christmas present. Although she loves it, she found it hard to remove the cut card stock from the adhesive mat when using the Cameo. With the kit, you get the Silhouette Pick Me Up Tool but that really didn't help much. She found that regardless of what method she used (whether the Pick Me Up Tool or her fingers), her card stock would always rip & tear (more so w/ delicate designs).

While a part of that reason is because the adhesive mat is really sticky when you first use it (it loses it's adhesive qualities over time), there wasn't a good way to remove her card stock cutouts. I think that really discouraged her (card stock is not cheap). After looking around, I found that this tool is the tool you need when using the Cameo. I bought this for her and she was instantly happy with the ease in which she could remove her cuts without tearing the paper.

So if you are experiencing exactly what my wife experienced, I would advise you to get this tool. As it can instantly change the way you use your Silhouette.
on July 18, 2012
I was not sure if I actually needed all these tools for my Silhouette. I went for a while without them -- but I must say now that I have them -- I adore them. This particular tool is a great help in picking up papers that are stuck to the cutting mat. It's been great when I'm working with different types of vinyl. It has become my go to product. I actually have also used it to work with other crafty products -- it's a great all around spatula -- and unlike my other ones -- it has a nice, easy to hold handle...
I really believe that Silhouette puts a lot of thought into their products and doesn't offer any that are not something special...this fits that bill. This is a great tool for anyone working with a Silhouette.
on August 1, 2013
I bought this at the same time as my Silhouette Cameo. I wasn't completely sure I would need it...but when I cut my first project I immediately realized how necessary it is to get paper cutouts off the mat. It's especially helpful when the mat is new and very sticky, although you do have to be careful about roughing up the edges of small or delicate designs. Sometimes it helps me to bend the mat near the edge of a shape to get part of the edge to come up, then I use the spatula to get under it and pry up the rest. Overall, I would definitely consider this an essential tool.
on April 2, 2014
This Silhouette spatula tool helps a little when I am peeling my projects off the matt. However, I find it most useful to slightly bend the matt and then use the spatula to pick up the project. If I don't bend the matt, this spatula is kind of rough on my paper.
on December 7, 2013
If you get the Silhouette, this little item will be the difference between fun and frustration. Oh, and despite being so essential it doesn't come with the Starter bundle, so don't forget to add this to your cart.
on October 13, 2014
This little tool is so helpful to lift your die cuts from your cutting mat. It has several different angles to use & I being a left- handed person can use it fine too. When your cutting mat is still really sticky it can
be hard to get your die cuts to release from it. This tool will help you do that without ruining any of your edges of your cuts! This is a must for saving time & making you more productive with your Silhouette Machine!
on January 13, 2016
Personally wouldn't be able to live without this spatula! With as much cutting as I'm doing with my machine, I would be here for hours if I had to try to pick up some of the papers by hand. Using the spatula makes lifting my items so much faster and easier and doesn't damage my products. Highly recommend using this!

Share the love if you found this helpful!! : )
on January 5, 2015
Silly me - I had several Silhouette tools like the scraper, lift tool, and hook - but for some reason didn't get this spatula. I finally picked one up and after using it a few times felt quite stupid for putting it off. If you do any papercraft on a Silhouette (not everyone does!!) - this tool will save your sanity (especially when using new mats). It's perfect for gently getting under designs and lifting them without bending or creasing the paper. However, I suggest continuing to use the scraper to get up the 'bits' leftover. This spatula is rigid enough that it will pull up the adhesive if you scrape too hard on your mat at a 45 or higher degree angle. Just be aware of that limitation. I wasn't paying close attention and pulled up a 3 inch line of adhesive - oops!!!
on December 15, 2013
Good to use for small, intricate cuts. I was cutting names of 2" letters and found that my 6" wide kitchen bench scraper worked much more efficiently to remove project and then scrape small scraps from the cutting mat. This tool is easy to use and is durable. Buy it if that's what you need.
VINE VOICEon March 2, 2016
One tool that you will be glad to own. This really helps get small pieces off of the sticky mat. I use it for just about everything I cut so you can get it off without tearing it. Some of the silhouette tools aren't necessary but I recommend this one.