4.0 out of 5 stars Great first 12 season episodes...
Published on September 8, 2006 by Cloudburst2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Only give it a three because of a big screw up........
I have been waiting all summer to get season five of Silk Stalkings and it finally arrived today, from Amazon.

Published on September 6, 2006 by Debra English

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great first 12 season episodes..., September 8, 2006
I was so thankful that this season finally came out on DVD. The first twelve episodes of the season were some of the best the series ever had to offer. I bought the season five DVDs strictly for those first twelve episodes that show how Rita and Chris finally surrendered to their passion and love for each other. The trials and uncertainty they went through about how to make their romantic relationship work with professional one always kept me glued to the screen. The only reason this series of DVDs gets a 4/5 is because I don't have a vested interest in the second half of the season. The two cops who replaced Chris and Rita mid-season were okay, but they just couldn't capture the same kind of magic that Chris and Rita had. They just didn't have the vibe that kept you tuning back in for more. But the season is well-worth the money for the first twelve episodes alone...at least, for any Chris and Rita lovers. Also, another negative of the DVD set is they have the wrong episodes listed on the cover. The episodes ARE season five episodes. Don't panic. However, the episode guide included with the set is the season four episode guide. Hopefully, that is a glitch that the company will correct once they are informed of the error. I went on-line and downloaded an episode guide for the fifth season to include with the DVDs. The first twelve episodes are Chris and Rita dealing with their burgeoning realtionship and Chris' eventual death protecting Rita and their unborn child. The rest of the episodes include the new duo. All in all, I'm happy with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great completion to the Rita and Chris Team, December 10, 2006
S. Moon (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
I was so glad to see Season 5 of Silk Stalkings finally being released. I had not seen the ending of Rita and Chris until now and loved the last few shows they did together. The first twelve episodes are Chris and Rita which was great. The new people that took their place were ok but not the same. There were a few good shows with them but not as good as the originals. If you want to get the full ending of Chris and Rita then you should buy this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Police Drama, January 2, 2007
Jersey Jip (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
I followed this show from when it first came on TV in the early 90's. I have always thought this was one of the best police dramas to grace television. Even with some cheesy scripts, it had such a light and wonderful feel to a very serious subject (crimes of passion). The chemisty, compassion, and friendship (which eventually turned to love) between Chris and Rita was incomparable. Those actors did a fantastic job. Their chemistry may be the best I've seen on TV between a male and female lead in a drama since the British detectives in the 1960's the Avengers.Each season got better and better from season 1 to the present. That being said, it was so sad to see Chris die so soon after they got married after all the previouse 4 seasons of teasing in their professional relationship. I know the actors decided to leave the show. But I would have loved to see how now lieutenant Rita Lance and Chris would have made it as a married couple fighting crime on the police force. Maybe it's me, but I didn't see the aftermath on dvd after Chris died, and Rita deciding to leave the force to have her baby and get on with her life as I saw it on TV. At the time, I thought it would have been a good idea to devote at least one subsequent episode to update what happened to Rita since Chris demise. Of course the replacement actors were a step down. I thought the actress that replaced Mitzi Kapture as Rita's replacement had some talent, but the actor that replaced Chris, seemed stiff on the screen, and providing little chemistry to the pair.The storylines however are still good. Sad ending to one of the best TV crime dramas of all time. All 5 DVD's are without question worth the money.I rate the 1st 4 season's 5 stars, and the 5th a 4 because of the dropoff between the original Chris and Rita and their replacements.

3.0 out of 5 stars Only give it a three because of a big screw up........, September 6, 2006

I began reading the episode summaries on the dvd cases and realized that they sounded familiar to me.....well, the reason being, the summaries on the back are for season four not season five (they are exactly the same as the one's on my season four dvd cases)so, whoever designed the packaging really SCREWED UP BIG TIME!!!!!

However, it doesn't take away from the final season with Rita and Chris and how sad it is to see them leave the show.

Hopefully Anchor Bay will fix this mistake on the sets, I sent them an email this morning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, February 21, 2007
Kathy (Poland, OH USA) - See all my reviews
My hubby is a groupie for this series, so he is thrilled with it. Good quality, basic packaging, but full of everything he wanted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Must See Season for All Silk Fans, February 28, 2008
Karen L. Rairdon "Karen" (Fremont, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This is one of the best seasons, in my opinion, it is the season where Chris and Rita finally give into their feelings for each other only to see that dream shattered shortly after.
I really love this show and love watching Rob Estes and Mitzi Kapture in their roles as Chris and Rita. They had so much chemistry together. I have to admit it is hard to watch the last episodes they appear in especially knowing what happens to Chris.
The first 12 episodes are the best. After that the new team of detectives come in and they don't have anywhere near the chemistry that Rob and Mitzi shared.The episodes are good, even though I don't really care for Holly and Michael. If it was all Chris and Rita episodes this would definitely get 5 stars. Overall the episodes are all very good and no problems with the DVDS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful series, September 2, 2006
I really, really loved it, the classic of course, with the two Sams.. Chris and Rita, i cried when he died and stopped seeing it, i was sooooo happy when the DVD FINALLY came out with the release of the first season, i've waited fot years for it. Thanks a lot... AAA++++

4.0 out of 5 stars Wrong sleeve cover, January 12, 2007
Sherylynn Jones (Albuquerque, NM USA) - See all my reviews
The Silk Stalkings, Season V was in excellent condition but the information regarding the DVD was for Season IV. This made it very confusing and I had to guess what episodes were enclosed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sexy Crime Fighting Duo, July 2, 2008
davron (Jacksonville, FL USA) - See all my reviews
Here is an excellent series to enjoy if you love beautiful people, crime fighting mystery's and lots of action.Rob and Mitzi are a GREAT couple and when this series ran on the USA channel for 8 years 91 thru 99 I couldn't wait the the next weeks episode and even the reruns. I enjoyed the series for at least the first 5 seasons when they were on together [Rob Estes left after the 5th season].
If you love watching beautiful people [even the background characters] beautiful sunny Fl background Palm Beach, action, mysery and excitment then you will love having this series in your collection.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just a Little Confused, January 9, 2007
Julia Church (Joplin, Mo United States) - See all my reviews
I love the show, I have for a long time. The DVD's on their own were perfect; no skipping or scratches or anything. The only problem I had, was that they came in the same boxes as Season 4. The discs were actually Season 5, but the boxes said otherwise. I enjoyed it though.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›