Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Silken Prey
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on August 27, 2013
First I have to say that I love Lucas Davenport and Virgil Flowers books. I have them all audiobook if I can get them. So it is almost useless for me to write reviews but this one did not quite catch me. What I like most is comical verbal exchanges between Davenport and his partners, which almost always leave me smiling for a few pages. This one did not have that interaction. The story, although I would not be surprised to find it is based in some truth, was just a bit over the top for me. I found this novel to be better then run of the mill, but not up to par for my favorite novelist Mr. Sandford.
on November 16, 2013
John Sandford's Lucas Davenport series never disappoints me.SILKEN PREY is yet another of his wonderful reads to keep you warm regardless of how cold his Minnesota winters are. I dare you to pick up this, or any of Sandford's books without getting hooked and buying all of his entries!
on October 20, 2013
Great book, Sandford had every past character in this one to help Davenport out I
mean everyone. It was like a class reunion of all the characters we have got to know
and like. One of his best. Just received Storm Front and hope it is as good as this one
on December 6, 2013
Wow, talk about a set up for another book! Still a classic Davenport read, the entire cast and crew show up in this one, amazing how they all got worked into the drama. Interesting twist on the Kidds.
on June 16, 2013
got this as a mother's day gift for my mom who has the entire john sandford collection. I was late ordering it but it got here on time as promised and she loves it. she's already listened to it twice. she loves audio books since she was always an avid reader but hasn't been able to read regular books since a stroke over 20 years ago.
on January 29, 2014
John Sandford is on of the very best authors I have had the privilege to read and listen to ( audio books from Amazon ). He makes his characters come alive in my mind and is truly an enjoyable experience.
on December 3, 2013
Quintessential Lucas Davenport, with all the recurring characters (Del, Jenkins, Shrake, Sister El, Rose Marie, etc.). Silken Prey is a typical Sandford mystery with the cynical side of politics as a backdrop to the story.
on July 12, 2013
Wonderful to have Lucas on the job again! Plot twists are fantastic! Every Sandford novel is extra special. The audio is very good also.
on June 24, 2013
Those who love mysteries and thrillers will put Silken Prey at the top of their list....can not get any better!!
on May 22, 2013
I very much enjoyed the continuation of the 'Covert One' novel series, conceived of by Robert Ludlum. I LOVE the "real life" science & technology components in the latest novel, penned by Kyle Mills. I wish to refute some of the (Stupid,in my opinion) negative reviews. (1. "It's not Ludlum"). No, it is not written by Ludlum, a truly great prolific author. However, all of the Covert One novels were written by others. There is some question as to the very first novel - "The Hades Factor"-2000, which was completed by Gayle Lynds, an accomplished author in her own right. Lynds co-wrote books 1; then she wrote books 3 (2002) & book 4 (2003). Book 2 was written by Philip Shelby (2001). Mr. Ludlum died March 2001, and was ill for a few years prior. I have heard that notes & partially written chapters were the starting point for books 2,3,&4. Book 5 (The Lazarus Vendetta) & then book 6 (The Moscow Vector) 2004, & 2005 were written by Patrick Larkin, with homage given to Mr. Ludlum. Books 8 & 10 were written entirely by Kyle Mills. So Get-Over Yourself! If you want pure Ludlum, go back & read "The Matarese Circle" 1979 & "The Matarese Countdown" 1997. Well worth reading twice; or for a clever, lighter Ludlum, read the brilliant "The Road to Gandolfo" 1975, which was originally penned under the Nom-de-plum: Michael Shepherd. (2. Its too TECHNICAL). Ridiculous! Either keep up or get out of the way. What isn't more technical now. Today, one iPhone 5 has 10-20 times the computing power as all the computers used by NASA to send Apollo 11 to the moon in July 1969!! In addition, Covert One's primary protagonist, Col. Jon Smith MD started out in book #1 as the (No. 1 or 2) man in the chain of command for USAMRIID in Fort Dietrich, MD. That is the "Military Equivalent" to the CDC (Center for disease control) in Atlanta, GA. Their area of expertise is in dealing with ALL Biological & some Chemical Weapons of Mass Destruction for the USA. Col. Smith is an expert in Virology and a Doctor of Medicine. NOW, that sounds pretty damn technical to me!
I happen to enjoy a great Political-Espionage-Technical adventure thriller. If you want something less technical, I recommend two geniuses that created Very Entertaining, but less Scientific Mystery-Thriller series. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (The Adventures, The Return of, Sherlock Holmes). -OR- for an american author, I recommend Rex Stout, who penned 46 Nero Wolfe/Archie Goodwin Mystery-Private Detective Extraordinaire novels starting with "Fer-De-Lance" in 1934 through "The Family Affair" 1975 + one posthumous collection of 3 stories "Death Three Times" (1985). I have read each one at least once, and I assure you that each and every one is clever and entertaining. If you are a gourmand, or appreciate Orchids, you will get along famously with Mr. Wolfe.
Please leave us technically-curious people with at least one superior thriller series where we can continue to quench our thirst for "new" knowledge!
Thank you.