5.0 out of 5 stars Love It
Published on October 2, 2010 by imlovinit

1.0 out of 5 stars Please read
Note that all positive reviews are from the manufacturer!

This should be a warning, look elsewhere online for real reviews
Published 23 months ago by Jessica Hughes

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, October 2, 2010
I'm medium to fair skinned with dark bikini line hair and underarm hair, but otherwise relatively light body hair. We have a pool and 1 year old twins, and I hate to shave my underarms and bikini line. I get ingrown hairs everywhere and it never looks cleanly shaven. I just wanted to be able to throw on my bathing suit whenever without having to jump in the shower to shave.

I have been using the silkn sensepil biweekly for the last 8 months on my underarms and bikini line only. Takes about 2 minutes biweekly with about 7 zaps per underarm and about 15 zaps per bikini side. My cartridge replacement indicator is just now telling me to get a new one, which is why I'm on amazon.

I didn't notice results right away, and I didn't expect to after researching how hair growth/removal works -- If the hair that is visible is in its growth phase, the silkn sensiple kills the hair folicle preventing future hair from growing from that folicle. Otherwise, it doesn't have any affect on the hair, so you may have to treat a visible hair more than once to get it when it is in its growth phase in order to kill it. Then the hair from the dead folicle still has to grow out and fall out which can take up to 2 weeks, so it appears at first that all hair is still growing. After two weeks, though, you'll notice less and less hair reappearing. And it is growing from the folicles that didn't have hair during prior treatments so the folicle couldn't be killed during those prior treatments. Because a follicle may not grow hair for a year, it can take up to a year to kill all of the follicles and acheive total hair removal.

So as I expected, the first few months it appeared that I had just as much hair regrowth as normal, but after that I noticed less regrowth and now my bikini line is virtually hair free. My underarms still have some hair, but it is probably 25% of what was always visible before I started and what is visible is very fine and I never get ingrown hairs. I don't shave between sessions (just right before my biweekly session) and typically I am comfortable wearing sleevless shirts in between sessions.

You really have to be diligent about performing the treatments on schedule. I got off schedule one month and had a lot more hair regrowth afterwards and HAD to shave between the next few sessions.

Very happy with results, and am hoping that next summer I'll just have to shave my legs. maybe I'll even start treating them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Investment for Home Spa, November 28, 2011
This review is from: Silk'n Silk'n SensEpil™ (Misc.)
I've had this for almost 3 weeks now and I love it. I researched all the information I could and read a lot of reviews before I made up my mind. I discovered that for light colored hair, which I have a lot of on my face, you can buy a carbon dye product that will slightly darken your skin temporarily (it washes off with soap and water). The carbon attracts the laser energy and creating more of a zap, killing the hair folicle. The dye costs about $12 and is well worth it. My cartridge indicator light just came on and I have used my unit a couple of times a week so far, on my face, then underarms and most recently bikini area. I am very pleased with the results and it seems to be the same as a spa or doctor's office, without the added expense and incovenience of appointments.
I decided to buy something like this because I've actually damaged my skin in some areas trying to tweeze hair that would break off, become infected and inflamed, creating a worse situation than just a random hair. It's a big relief knowing that I'll never have to worry about ugly hair on my face or infected ingrown hair anywhere, as long as I have this handy little compact machine tucked away in my closet.
It isn't cheap by any means, and neither are the replacement light cartridges but at least it works. Which is a lot more than I can say for any other home hair removal device I've ever purchased. (A NoNo and a home Electrolysis Unit, both from HSN).
I'm very happy that effective products such as this, Led Red Light Therapy and Microdermabrasion devices for home use are now available and at prices that the average person can afford.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please read, December 9, 2012
This review is from: Silk'n Silk'n SensEpil™ (Misc.)
Note that all positive reviews are from the manufacturer!

This should be a warning, look elsewhere online for real reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, August 26, 2014
This review is from: Silk'n Silk'n SensEpil™ (Misc.)
It's less expensive on the actual site.

1.0 out of 5 stars TOTAL RIPOFF, May 4, 2010
i have been using this product as directed for 5 months and show no signs of hair loss. If it sounds too good to be true, it is. Lesson learned.
I agree with the person who said it must be family and friends writing good reviews. DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT! You will regret it if you do.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works but..., February 3, 2013
This review is from: Silk'n Silk'n SensEpil™ (Misc.)
I bought this item completely on my own with my own money and I have no "connections" with the company. This product DOES WORK, it just takes about a year to a year and a half to remove all hair completely forever.

1.0 out of 5 stars Silk'n Silk'n SensEpil™, August 26, 2013
This review is from: Silk'n Silk'n SensEpil™ (Misc.)
The item I purchased was supposed to be NEW in box, however it had grease on the Silk'n Silk'n SensEpil and it was not in any retail packaging, i.e. clear plastic bags over accessories, etc. I contacted the seller about this product "make me heal" and was eventually able to return the item with a RM # I never received credit from them and phone calls were not received by me, so I contacted Discover and was given a credit for this item. Make me heal return process was very very inadequate and slow. I ups the item to insure delivery and provided that information to the credit card company which issued my refund for the item. Please read the item description to make sure your not getting a remanufactured or refurbished item. It was for a Birthday present or I would have probably kept the item as the concept of hair removal is appealing, however item that arrived was not giftable. Good Luck!

3.0 out of 5 stars Silk'n Silk'n SensEpil, December 13, 2013
This review is from: Silk'n Silk'n SensEpil™ (Misc.)
I've used it for a year and it hasn't worked. I've had it on the hottest heat and it does slow down the hair growth just a little but I still have to use it approx. once a week. It's as hot as could be. It sends the skin red and the skin stings after it. It did break down in less than a year however and I had to buy another. It's also cost stacks in having to buy countless lamps for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not deliver as promised, i feel the people at Silk'n lied to me., January 25, 2013
This review is from: Silk'n Silk'n SensEpil™ (Misc.)
I am very fair and have brown hair. After taking hormones (HRT) I developed some facial dark hair. After 4 months of weekly treating the hair (about 20 total) NO RESULTS! I called the Silk'n customer service line 3 weeks out and followed their instructions to the letter. I am using the highest setting level weekly with absolutely NO hair reduction. I kept up the treatments under the company's advice and now cannot return the product because they convinced me it would work if I gave it more time, I think that is part of the gimmick so they keep you from returning it for a refund.

Sad to say, I have been duped with this product. Watch the return period (though they say no results will occur in that time frame) or lose your money!

5.0 out of 5 stars YES, IT REALLY WORKS, December 24, 2012
This review is from: Silk'n Silk'n SensEpil™ (Misc.)
No, I am not an employee of the makers of this product, nor am I some mindless consumer who loves every product... With that said, I don't think those of you who gave this product poor marks really let this machine have its chance to work. If you READ the instructions and watch the 12 minute video, you'll have a better sense of WHEN to use this machine. As a safety precaution, you cannot really maximize its hair follicle zapping abilities on just a "2" setting, BUT, it is set up that way for the first 250 pulses to prevent injury. Since I've actually been lasered before, I manually disabled the "2" setting so I could use this machine in the capacity right for me (setting of 4 & 5). Thus far I've used this on my face and underarm and feet. YES, IT WORKS. It's not an overnight fix as your hair has to work its way out of the follicle after you treat the area. Your hair has different phases so make sure you understand THAT. So far, I have no complaints. The machine does exactly what it was intended to do. But if you're out tanning and expect to treat your skin with this machine, good luck. The instructions clearly tell you that to attain maximum benefits, don't tan for 2 weeks prior to using. If you're of darker complexion, probably won't work well on you either (borrow this machine from a friend and try it first). If you're African American, the machine will not work. If your skin is dark enough, the machine disables itself so don't waste your money. I personally love my Silk'n SensEpil. If you follow the instructions and meet the skin tone requisite, you'll love it too.

Silk'n Silk'n SensEpil™