Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Silpat AE420295-07 Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baki...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 15% off the $24.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Silpat AE420295-07 Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8" x 16-1/2"
|Price:||$24.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Turn your pan into a non-stick surface and save time cleaning up; Use Silpat instead for any baking recipe that calls for parchment paper
- Mat measures 11-5/8" x 16-1/2"; Made for a 13" x 18" pan
- Wipe with soapy hot water after use and lay flat or hang to dry; Lay flat or roll to store
- Made of fiberglass and silicone and can be used thousands of times; Professional quality
- Freezer, microwave, and oven-safe; Can be used at temperatures varying from -40 degrees C to 250 degrees C (-40 degrees F to 482 degrees F)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Silpat AE420295-07 Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8" x 16-1/2"
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Size||11-5/8-Inch x 16-1/2-Inch||13 inches x 18 inches x 1 inches||Information not provided||1/2-Size Baking Sheet and 1/2-Size Silicone Baking Mat Set, Medium|
|Dimensions||0.1 inches x 16.5 inches x 11.6 inches||1 inches x 13 inches x 18 inches||1 inches x 16.5 inches x 11.62 inches||1 inches x 18 inches x 13 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
This 11.6 x 16.5-inch half-sheet size baking mat will turn your pan into a non-stick surface. Silpat is especially great for working with sticky materials such as gooey dough, taffy, caramel, or anything your imagination allows. Nothing sticks to Silpat, so it will save you a lot of time cleaning as there is no more sticky mess on your pans! Silpat never needs greasing, which saves both time and money. Use Silpat instead for any baking recipe that calls for parchment paper. Utilizing Silpat products saves time, money and creates less waste for our environment. It is ideal for use when creating Danish pastries, baking biscuits, working with sugar and all sugary and salted preparations. Silpat Non-Stick Mats are made of fiberglass and silicone, and can be used thousands of times. Life of product varies--lasts 2,000 to 3,000 uses depending on use and care. Silpat products conform to US regulations on food grade silicone, and are FDA, NSF, and Kosher certified. Can be used at temperatures varying from -40 degrees C to 250 degrees C (-40 degrees F to 482 degrees F). Do not cut the Silpat as the fiberglass mesh particles might migrate into the food. Made in France. Silpat is known around the world as the original non-stick baking liner. Silpat liners are made of fiberglass and food grade silicone and are completely food safe. Nothing sticks to Silpat!
Sasa Demarle Inc. was founded in 1965 by M. Guy Demarle in Northern France. Mr. Demarle was an experienced baker who was seeking a better way to make baguette bread with forms using non-stick silicone coatings. He went on to invent the first non-stick baguette baking trays or filets, as they are known in France. A few years later, Mr. Demarle also went on to invent and create the original Silpat and is known around the world as the original non-stick baking liner. Since then, we continue to strive for improvements in non-stick products for the baking, patisserie and food-service industries.
From the Manufacturer
Size: 11-5/8-Inch x 16-1/2-Inch
From the Manufacturer
Safe and Easy to Bake With
Our products conform to FDA regulations and are NSF and Kosher certified. Silpat is made of fiberglass mesh and the highest quality food grade silicone. The specially designed mesh works with the silicone to provide consistent heat distribution and promotes even baking and browning. Professional pastry chefs throughout the world have been using our products to bake since the 1960’s. Oven temperature varies depending on the product and recipe you are using, but our products can be used in temperatures up to 500°F. You can even use Silpat for frozen recipes! Silpat has stood the test of time with use by the most demanding chefs in the world.
Depending on the product, the number of times you use it can vary. When used and cared for properly, Silpat can have a life of up to 2,000-3,000 times. Of course the life depends on maintenance and care.
The Original Non-stick Baking Mat
Silpat products are a must-have for all bakers. Silpat is the original non-stick baking mat. Since 1965, Sasa Demarle Inc. has been committed to improving your baking experience by introducing top quality products. Silpat products never need greasing and replace parchment paper. Using Silpat products saves time, money and reduces waste in our environment. Silpat products are great for working with sticky materials such as gooey batter, taffy, caramel, doughs and anything your imagination allows. Nothing sticks to Silpat!
- and more!
Top Customer Reviews
* You can put anything on top of it for baking and nothing will stick. The first instinct is to bake cookies on them and you will be surprised how EVEN they will bake.
* I then tried frozen fish with dry rub condiments and it came out perfect. The skins don't stick and everything just slides off the mat. No oil added whatsoever.
* I frequently make croissants and notice that the bottom won't burn as fast as when done on a plain baking sheet.
* I also use the mat to handle sticky items like sugar for candy-making and dough. You won't need any flour to spread on the counter as this does the job just fine. You will wonder how you were able to bake without it for the longest time.
* The best part is the clean up. You soak it in water and simply wipe off the food particles on the mat.
* For a thorough cleaning, just use mild soap and soft sponge.
* Stick it from the freezer to the oven and back to the freezer and it is perfectly OK. Nothing will crack or burst from the changing temperature - unlike glass pans.
* It is very flexible. Bend it, roll it, spread it out and use it for your rolling pin for the top and bottom.
* Of course this isn't a magic device where food won't burn. It will just brown evenly the longer you keep it in the oven. Heat will simply be distributed on the mat.
* The product is made of silicone and fiberglass.
- Silicone is great, but it also does not mean it's indestructible. It can only be used within the temperatures from -40 degrees F to 482 degrees F.
- It has a lifespan of 2,000 to 3,000 times.Read more ›
A few hints:
1) DON'T OIL IT. If you add oil then it will become sticky. Sounds odd, but I had a friend over and she oiled it and it now is sticky. The sticky stuff finally came off with some major scrubbing, but don't oil it.
2) I found that when using new silicone baking mats I like to "break them in" because they tend to outgas on first use. I bake them with nothing on them for about 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. I have never had problems with this, but you do it at your own risk.
3) Don't be scared to put the mat directly onto your oven racks. I find that I get the best results this way. You can use it on a pan if you feel more comfortable that way.
4) Be aware of the maximum temperature for your mat.
5) Buy at least two so you can make batches of cookies with it.
6) Don't forget that if you are cooking at 350 degrees, the mat will be 350 degrees, so DON'T grab it with your hands. I can sometimes pull aluminum foil liners directly out of the oven (my friends say I have "asbestos" hands) because of their low heat capacity, but I can't do it with these.
My favorite use: Low fat chicken tenders (my own personal recipe).
Cut chicken breasts into strips about 3/4 inch by 3/4 inch by however long you want them.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Perfect for baking cookies and gingerbread! This is my second silpat purchase as my first one lasted for years! Love it!Published 2 days ago by PT
This baking mat has changed my life! The cleanup is a breeze and you don't need the oil or cooking spray to keep food from sticking. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Mickey
Just what I needed, perfect size and arrived in a timely fashion.Published 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
A must for any cook who loves to bake. Do not skimp, buy the real deal.Published 5 days ago by Mike V.
If you bake, and want your creations to be beautifully cooked, even, and consistent, this is the product for. Silpat replaces PAM, butter and flouring a pan, and/or oiling a pan. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Amazon Customer
My sister is a professional candy maker. This SILPAT is ALL she uses. She refuses to use any other brands, as she doesn't want to risk her products not turning out the way she... Read morePublished 6 days ago by Heatherleigh