4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, but there are caveats!
I do a fair amount of baking and have a hodge-podge of pans, etc for doing it. This mat has proven a valuable addition to my "toolkit"

First the really strong points:
*It is very HEAT RESISTANT.. no temperature encountered in a home is likely to damage this
Published on June 9, 2012 by John L. Guest

3.0 out of 5 stars Silpat
This item is not the 14 1/2 x 10 inches as described. It is slightly smaller. I was disappointed, but will still use it.
Published 7 months ago by Avid Amazon shopper

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, but there are caveats!, June 9, 2012
This review is from: Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Jelly Roll Pan Baking Mat, 11-Inch by 17-Inch (Kitchen)

First the really strong points:
*It is very SLICK! Nothing sticks to this in baking. I even use it for "sugar crusting" or carameled things like tarts

I don't really have any negatives, but simply some observatins
*It cannot be cut (this is documented with the mat).. due to the fact that it has has "strength fibers" of some kind that are sealed by the molding.. if you cut it, these are exposed and may be hazardous to your health. If you need it to fit well, be sure to measure your pans to see what size(s) you need. Mine "laps over" many of my pans, but it works fine anyways.. kind of limits what you can place at the very edge of the pan (it can be used without a pan at all, but it is not very stiff and may be hard to handle to and from the oven. Of course you could use it on a cookie sheet.
*It is SO SLICK that if the recipe depends on the resistance of the pan to keep the item in place (ie some cookies), they will "spread" much more than on a metal pan. This is dependent on the nature of the recipe you're baking. It is so slick that it feels like it has oil on it even when it is squeeky clean
*Because it is not metal, it will not "brown" the bottoms of baked items the same as you might expect from a pan. This might be a negative for some baked goods.
*This is NOT a "working surface" in part due to its extreme slickness.. ie it doesn't work well to roll things out on or knead on.
*It will stain, though this seems to have no effect on the "usability" of it.. it just doesn't look nice
*It is pretty expensive for what it is.. I'm not sure how it compares to other brands which purport to do the same things and are cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, December 23, 2008
Laine "E" (Westminster, MD USA) - See all my reviews
I used the Silpat Jelly Roll Liner for the first time this month while making 10 pumpkin rolls for the holidays. When it came time to remove the liner from the baked pumpkin roll, it peeled right off with ease--no more fighting with waxed paper or cutting of parchment paper for me. I love this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, really non-stick liner for baking pans, November 9, 2007
If you ever use an oven, you need this remarkable piece of equipment. Nothing, absolutely nothing sticks to it & it washes clean in seconds. Do yourself a favor & get several in different sizes to fit your baking sheets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, January 7, 2012
I love this thing. I was lucky enough to get two of these for Christmas this year. I was a little hesitent at first since most non- stick isn't really. Let me tell you when they say you only have to wipe it away that really is all you have to do. Tonight I cooked garlic cheesey bread and then cookies on my Silpats. The excess cheese simply fell off after cooking. I then wiped the mat off and started baking cookies. The cookies were sliding off the mat before I could even put them on the cooling rack and the actual mat was cool within a minute so I could load it up for the next round of cookies when the cookie sheet was out of the oven. I wish everything were this easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING FOR BREAD, June 18, 2009
Amber (Berkeley, CA) - See all my reviews
I bake bread on the silpat about 2x per week, and it works perfectly. The bottom is never burnt, and the bread never sticks, even without flour on the dough. I don't even wash the silpat after. I just shake off the crumbs, and put it back in the cupboard for the next use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Silpat Makes Life Easier!, October 4, 2010
I finally ordered a silpat and wow, does it make life easy. Clean up is super easy and baking on it is great! Nothing sticks to it and it is very durable. If you don't have one, I recommend you get one ASAP! You won't be sorry :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Product, April 24, 2009
I own several of this product and highly recommend for many uses on your cookie sheets for the oven. Cookies, chicken wings, and baked potato chips turn out perfectly and clean up is effortless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Silicone Mat, September 23, 2008
David A. Schwarzkopf (living wherever the Navy tells him to.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I've tried the SiliconZone as well as KitchenAid's silicone mat, and neither compare to SilPat. I don't even use this on a baking sheet, just throw it right onto the oven shelves; it's stiff enough to manage, and cuts down on my clean-up, (which by the way, the dishwasher does nicely). It's completely non-stick, I've never had an issue. Cookies, croissants, it all comes out perfect with this mat.

3.0 out of 5 stars Silpat, May 18, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars great for other things as well, September 2, 2010
I bought the largest size SILPAT so that it almost covers my 30" smooth top range. I use for mixing and kneading all kinds of dough and It works great, When I am finished, I shake it off and roll it up. I just love it. I need to get the jelly roll size for my baking sheets as well