Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Silver Streak Archives Volume 2
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Hardcover|Change

on January 23, 2013
I've read both volums of Silver Streak and while they were interesting they for me didn't live up to
the hype that's been associated with the original books. Compaired with my fav's of The Blackhawks,
Plastic Man, Planet comics and Captain Marvel, these are not in the same catagory.
on January 1, 2014
I was reasonably enthusiastic about Volume 1, but I think what happens here is analogous to smelling an orange peel just a bit too long -- your senses get used to it, and it loses its tang. Reprinted here are Silver Streak Comics Nos. 10-13, including the secondary stories and filler material, so the vast majority of this book is not Daredevil versus the Claw. And while that lesser material was interesting to page through the first time around, here I found it becoming a bit tiresome. And, for that matter, the main event strikes me in rather the same way -- I think Volume 1 was enough for me. Still, the reproduction and presentation cannot be faulted. In truth, I'd give this 3.5 stars if I could.
on February 10, 2013
The Silver Streak Archives, Vol. 2, is a great follow-up to Volume 1, which I am still reading. The magazine had great features, among them the original Daredevil........the stories are great, art outstanding. And, once having been a noted Golden Age comic collector, these are among the rare of the rare to be able to find. Highly recommended.
on October 5, 2013
This was the type of early series where each comic had a jungle man story , a detective story, a flying ace story and then some superhero stories, this was true with other companies as well in 1937-41. The daredevil stories are all great, with two by Jack Cole in which he fights 'the claw' and two by other good artists. You also get a new hero 'captain battle" who never really caught on but is flag wearing type of hero. And the silver streak who is superfast and can fly. He was a cool bird companion , and of course they give him a kid sidekick. That was one of the worst aspects of the golden age for sure. Kid sidekicks. Robin worked and so did bucky in captain America but many others just weren't needed. One silver streak story isn't all there due to a printing error, at least in the one I read. it's missing four pages. Which is not a good thing. However the stories look great in here as they are NOT scanned from old comics! Something d.c. does and it just sucks. This is a nicely remastered work and that's a plus. This isn't the greatest of the golden age era , most of it's pretty average for it's time. Accept for DAredevil who was a real star. And I hope they reprint his magazines someday. This is a big book and worth reading. I think one of the better backup series is 'dickie dean' boy inventor, that series is very cool one. Fred gardineer's art is in this one as well in a few stories. He was a high grade artist for sure.
on July 10, 2013
This volume isn't as enjoyable as the first, but it is a good companion volume and worth buying in its own right. Volume 1 is the better purchase for those looking for a Golden Age exuberance.